5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,074 times)

frenchpred

frenchpred

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 27, 2008, 11:36:02 PM
Quote from: frenchpred on Apr 27, 2008, 09:41:54 PM
:D Requiem of course, AR has Joner and...yeah only Joner is good.

Oh, and AVPR has...erm...a...oh wait...that guy who...f**k, I got nothing.

:D"Etre dans le vent c'est avoir un destin de feuilles mortes"-Victor Hugo.

AVP R has a Predalien who's better than the pitiful Newborn, it has Cameron-esque aliens warriors and a great Predator...As for the humans who can beats the stupidity of a Synthetic who faints to be drunk with Boxing gloves ? Or a guy in wheelchair when the regular technology permits space travel and synthtics since a longggg time :D Yeah i prefer the colonel Stevens and Dallas for sure.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

AVPR has Ty Olsson. He was in Transformers, X-men 2, Lake Placid and Stargate. He is a good actor and he was one the good actors in the movie.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I don't even know who that is.

A:R has Ron Perlman. And Sigourney Weaver. And Winoda Ryder. And Michael Wincott.

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

I like Resurrection better because you finally got to see what the scientists would do with the alien once they got their hands on them...

being a fan of the comics, i had been waiting for a movie to do that... plus Paul wincott's character is the best and i wished he hadn't died so early, i would have loved seeing him make it to the end and carry on the series with him as the main protagonist...

also, fans of Firefly/Serenity should see similarities between the crew of the Betty and the crew of Serenity(both born of Joss Whedon)...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 28, 2008, 01:04:32 AM

A:R has Ron Perlman. And Sigourney Weaver. And Winoda Ryder. And Michael Wincott.

True but actors don't make the movie good.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 28, 2008, 01:27:58 AM

True but actors don't make the movie good.

But they make it superior to AvP:R.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Well IMO i enjoy AVPR more then Alien Resurrection. I just hate the story in A:R because the story was so silly seeing Ripley having Alien DNA in here. The CGI was pretty poor as well (The opening scene look fake). Starship Tropers and Godzilla had better CGI then Alien Resurrection.

I also hated The Newborn for being Ugly and did not act like a Alien. Cloning Aliens and traing them as Zoo animals is one the worst ideas ever.

gameoverman

gameoverman

ALIEN RESURRECTION by a mile.

AVPR is boring after the first 5 minutes.  I really don't care about pizza boy or any of the other dumb characters in it.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

A:R has better actors, Direction, character development, plot, and creature effects...

so yeah its better in every way in my opinion.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The guy that palyed Dale's father, aka "The guy with one shitty line of dialog."

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Oh, of course! How could I forget that guy...

I feel stupid.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

[Shakes head]  Poor Yellow.   :'(

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 28, 2008, 12:56:45 AM

AVPR has Ty Olsson. He was in Transformers, X-men 2, Lake Placid and Stargate. He is a good actor and he was one the good actors in the movie.
Ty Olson played the guy who gets brained in the plant... not the best example... but I don't judge films by the names.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Call never got drunk. She faked being so, in order to get access to other places.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Resurrection has a stronger story seed behind it and a MUCH better visual sense, both in direction and lighting.  It also has more coherent action sequences and better acting overall despite some really lame line deliveries ("f**k?").  The overdubbing of Gediman's speech in the nest is lame, and the last showdown is weaker... but those are small complaints compared to the ones I could level at AVP:R, and basically already have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed