J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 49,283 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Can't wait.

Corporal Hicks

https://nofilmschool.com/Alien-BTS-book-Rinzler

Interview with JW. Not read it yet, though.

Elmazalman

This waiting is torture. Less than a week now.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Patience, soon.

Corporal Hicks

Valaquen

Should I be concerned that Rinzler didn't seem to know much about the film (behind-the-scenes wise) before he wrote his book? I read some stuff in the previews already that made me go, "hmm."

Elmazalman

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 18, 2019, 02:57:11 PM
Should I be concerned that Rinzler didn't seem to know much about the film (behind-the-scenes wise) before he wrote his book? I read some stuff in the previews already that made me go, "hmm."
I hope he got to interview the people involved with the miniature model filming.

Valaquen

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 18, 2019, 10:20:31 PM
I hope he got to interview the people involved with the miniature model filming.

They seem quite open. I don't imagine they'd say no if asked (I heard they weren't?) That's what was so great about Alien Makers.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2019, 09:14:04 AM

They seem quite open. I don't imagine they'd say no if asked (I heard they weren't?) That's what was so great about Alien Makers.
I saw that facebook or twitter post in which someone (involved with the miniatures photography on the film) expressed surprise at a 'making of' book being written without their input. Hope that's been sorted out. I want this book to be as thorough as possible.

Valaquen

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 19, 2019, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2019, 09:14:04 AM

I saw that facebook or twitter post in which someone (involved with the miniatures photography on the film) expressed surprise at a 'making of' book being written without their input. Hope that's been sorted out.

I think that was Martin Bower, who always seems keen to chat with folks about his work.

QuoteI want this book to be as thorough as possible.

If you can wait til ALIEN's 50th you can buy mine  :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

^

I'll pre order it! ;D 

I consider "any" new information gems.

I love Martin Bower's commentaries. You know immediately he's someone you could chat with for hours. So unassuming & open.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2019, 03:46:11 PMIf you can wait til ALIEN's 50th you can buy mine  :laugh:

How's your book coming along?

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 20, 2019, 08:13:54 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2019, 03:46:11 PMIf you can wait til ALIEN's 50th you can buy mine  :laugh:

How's your book coming along?

300+ pages, and I could still write another 300. Things keep turning up, new versions of the script are passed to me, and I have a couple of interviews lined up that are seriously cool... but I can't talk about them  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed