Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 65,856 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 04, 2019, 05:57:38 PM
They probably need to wait until DH's licenses run out first. However long that may take.

Agreed. Like what happened with Star Wars.

Perfect-Organism

I am really hoping for an Alien series featuring Amanda Ripley. 

Voodoo Magic

Live action please.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
Live action please.

Totally!

But I just checked Kezia Burrows IMDB page and she has completely different projects in the pipe.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 04, 2019, 11:10:59 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
Live action please.

Totally!

But I just checked Kezia Burrows IMDB page and she has completely different projects in the pipe.

Would you be very disappointed if it didn't star Kezia?

Nukiemorph

Would we even want her?  I'd personally value the voice over the body and cast Andrea Deck.

Perfect-Organism

I don't really have a full on need to have Kezia Burrows reprise her role, but she played it well and she was likable.  No harm in her playing Amanda again.

Curiously, both Kezia Burrows and Andrea Deck will have roles in Squadron 42 which is upcoming.  They both formed the composite for Amanda Ripley in Isolation.

Corporal Hicks

Personally, I think Deck is more important to the role than Burrows. Deck is the recognisable voice.

Perfect-Organism

I'm starting to lean towards the same idea.  I didn't even realize it was a different voice actor and visual actor until yesterday.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't know how Amanda's story would translate to live action, to be honest. Definitely not in the capacity of a feature film or a full television series. As some sort of live action web content, perhaps. Though I wouldn't be shocked if the #WATCH component is an animated short or a motion comic featuring Amanda.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed NA.

Gutter In Outer Space

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2019, 08:08:12 AM
Personally, I think Deck is more important to the role than Burrows. Deck is the recognisable voice.
Agreed! Her voice definitely reflects some of Sigourney Weaver's qualities as well, very believable as her daughter. Great performance.

As for the idea of a live action Alien Isolation, I think it's totally unnecessary. Some things are meant to be experienced in their respective art forms due to their core structure relying on it's mechanics. Much of Alien Isolation is spent cautiously creeping around Sevastapol, which wouldn't translate well to film in any impactful way. Sure, they could rearrange the act structure and write in more build-up and downtime for cinematic reasons, but then they'd be skewing the point of adapting it at all, in my opinion.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Gutter In Outer Space on Feb 05, 2019, 05:48:56 PM
As for the idea of a live action Alien Isolation, I think it's totally unnecessary. Some things are meant to be experienced in their respective art forms due to their core structure relying on it's mechanics. Much of Alien Isolation is spent cautiously creeping around Sevastapol, which wouldn't translate well to film in any impactful way. Sure, they could rearrange the act structure and write in more build-up and downtime for cinematic reasons, but then they'd be skewing the point of adapting it at all, in my opinion.

THIS So much!

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I completely agree. The experience as depicted in Isolation itself wouldn't translate at all to an adaptation. But that's why you take some liberties with things to make them work in other formats. Not that I expect we'll ever see a live action version of Isolation. I am excited and curious to see how the novelization works out, though.

The Old One

The Old One

The Novelisation idea makes sense, because it's not wholly about the "Isolation" incident but about Amanda Ripley's family.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed