AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad)

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 11:38:46 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Roundup (Bad) (Read 20,455 times)

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Well i believe Sanaa already has in her contract to be in and do the sequel unless this one bombs big time and they cancel all plans for part 2.Im sure this movie will bring in the money but im pretty sure im not going to see it like 5 times as planed earlier.Me sad.    
Spoiler
The pred alien vision looked pretty cool to, i forgot to talk about that also the new way they scan into your body to see all your bones and organs and shit in detail cool stuff.The shirukens looked cool to but i thought we were told that the original throwing disk was in this?.Also they didnt even show the preds arm blades in action what the fu$%!?.The falshback scene was done pretty good but didnt seem to fit into the movie right, it looked cool but felt weird watching it if you know what i mean?   ???    Enter Text
[close]
Well i guess ill have to wait another 14 years for a realy ggod alien vs predator movie, or a suped up special adition DVD version with all the above mentioned missing important scenes.Cock suckers

*bury

*bury

i just saw it and it wasnt bad but the end was retarded where they are running with each other lex and the predator and the other two predators die way to quickly

Nik

Nik

r lex and the pred leave to do each other or somethin wtf the pred should kill her!!!

Aliminator

Aliminator

whoa, damn, there goes my greatest hit blockbuster this summer.....i wonder if the movie would be better if it's rated R and different director...

alienworshoper

alienworshoper

in my opinion they didnt do well at all. i love the alien and predator franchizes but they didnt give it the "feel" of the movies. when the chestburster popped out of sebatians chest...there was no blood. they aliens didnt look that good and i didnt like how they made the queen run. i also didnt like how they sounded in some parts. they missed a lot of stuff from the book and that dissapointed me. in the book there was 5 preds. and there was more blood and gore in the book. dont get me wrong i encourage you to see the movie...just dont get your hopes up. if i rated the movie i would give it a 5 out of 10

Predatorfan2004

Predatorfan2004

Im back, and i couldnt resist! Its opening day here in teh US, and I had to see teh comments were. Now that I read this, and after reading the book, and seeing the movie, i want to let you know, these are teh same critics who ripped pirates of the caribbean. They are only interested in their little gay ass "epics". They only praise movies that have some sort of political agenda.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Nik, my point exactly i never thought the team up idea was a good one and i was right, like i said why the hell would you team up with and for that matter have such affection if you will twards a creature that has just mutilated all your fellow humans, i just dont get it.Ya i know she wanted to survive and all but they just seemed way to realxed and cloase around and twards each other, it was like they were long lost lovers reunited in a time of need and depsair.Man that relationship was done way way way better in the comic.I'm sorry i just cant get past the fact of how crappy the pred faces looked, it was unbelievable, and the 'new' 'better' haha idea to make the preds mandable open up to ridiculous perportions looks goofy and wrong.Man the pred in pred 1 blows these ones out of the water.still a pretty good movie but youlllhave to get past anoying things like i mentioned to realy enjoy it  still 7 out of 10

Somebody

Somebody

My excitment for this movie went down greatly. I did a google search on reviews, I also went to yahoo and stuff, and all I could find was :  BAD -BAD reviews.  I haven't seen the movie yet, I will in 1 day, but I am no longer hyped about the movie. I am really sorry, but it does seem to be a bit weak. I am in shock actually. I woke up this morning, very enthusiastic about the reviews. And what do you know: bad-bad reviews.  I thought that it will be awesome, and that all the critics would be at least "pleased" with it. Ohh well.....maybe in 2 years or so, the AvP sequel will be better....however, I think that the audience has lost all interest in these 2 franchises    :-\     :-\    Probably I will be called names, and "you're not a fan", but that's my opinion. However, I'm going tomorrow to see it!!!!

Alex Villalobos

Alex Villalobos

Nik said "dude i have a great idea for a avp movie set in the future with marines" thats what avp is orignaly all about but after seening ths one i feel lost

Nik

Nik

no dude it would b awsum i should type the script and send it to fox

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

OK - no spoilers in this at all.  First of all - fans or not - I would STILL recommend you go and see this.  Not a classic, but it doesn't suck either.  Based on the 'bums-on-seats' in the showing I went to, I think it should make enough for a sequel that won't be so constrained by budget.  Aneyheeeew - this is not a review, but what I feel is a reasonable guess at what happened here.   The main thing it suffers from is it is WAY too short.  You can tell that with the limited (for this sort of plot) budget (orginally 40 million, then begged and borrowed to get it up to 70 million) he basically had 2 choices:  1) Have the full story paced as it should be - resulting in a 2 1/4 hour movie with dodgy effects or scenery to stay within budget. 2) Shorten it considerably (it was 1 hr 29 without the credits) but have it looking REALLY cool.  Anderson went for the latter - so it looks great - but wasn't able to allow the time for every scene to play out properly OR for the character development that made the 1st 2 Aliens and both Predators so good.  There were other concerns, but to explain those would spoil things for you - maybe in a later post with 'spoiler' tabs.  I always say - if I'd pay to see it again OR if I'll buy the DVD - then it's well worth the money.  I'll be doing both.  I think the length and lack of gore/swearing (to get the PG13) were totally down to Fox not wanting to lose money on franchises they were no longer sure about.   I don't think this is Anderson's fault - you can only spend what the people holding the purse strings will give you - and taking that into consideration - not too bad at all.  I think he really does care, in the same way we all do, and would have given us something longer and more to our gory expectations if he could.  Business is business - blame the execs at Fox before having a go at Anderson.   Go see it - don't let other people put you off watching the thing - it's well worth the money even it comes in #5 out of the 7 to date.      :)  

Alex Villalobos

Alex Villalobos

the music sucked i wanted music like in Aliens you know when they discoverd the space jokey ship and music like in Alien 3 and predator 2

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

i watched it this morning and the large theater was completely packed. mainly older people too. the audience Really seemed to enjoy it too. Lots of oohs and Awes. very few of those were from me tho. i totally enjoyed the build. the first 30 minutes was excellent and i could watch just that over a few times. paul anderson took off on his own tho on how the creatures act. he seemed to just make it up like it was a little kid fantasy of his or somethin. he was the wrong guy for this film. i feel sorry for the retard, thinkin that hes so passionate about these movies cuz, he really does not get what is cool about them in the first place. film had excellent special effects and pretty decent acting and i think it can me admired on many levels.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Believe me and everyone else stressing this to you -- it isn't as bad as these morons are making it seem. Really. I may be a "fanboy," but I know a bad movie when I see one and this was NOT a bad movie.  The fact that a bunch of parts were probably cut out and it was STILL a good movie makes it even better to me. I can't wait to find out what's missing and what might be included on the DVD. I have a feeling this movie was a little bloodier and longer, but that these idiotic execs at FOX stripped it down for more money. It'd be interesting to see what Paul Anderson has to say about this.

sexualpredator

sexualpredator

i think the dvd of this will probably kick ass. especially if its R! this film was sooo rushed. it needed at least another 30 minutes!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed