Paul McGann (Golic) Grandson of Titanic survivor

Started by razeak, Nov 21, 2019, 02:31:47 AM

Author
Paul McGann (Golic) Grandson of Titanic survivor (Read 2,207 times)

razeak

Was randomly reading survivor stories on Encyclopedia Titanica and stumbled across this bit of info.
https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-survivor/james-mcgann.html

Huggs

Huggs

Wow.

I'm a Titanic nut, and Alien 3 is my favorite film of the trilogy. This is a trip.

razeak

@avpgalaxy Six degrees of separation. James Mcgann survives Titanic disaster, James Cameron makes Aliens which begets Alien 3, Paul McGann (the grandson) plays Golic, Cameron later makes Titanic and dives to the wreck that James lived on for 5 days. Interesting.

Now think about that. Wow.

Yeah ive been obsessive over Titanic since they found it.

Corporal Hicks

Wow. That's really interesting! Thanks for sharing razeak.

razeak

razeak

I'm afraid this will open the rabbit hole for me lol. I'll be tracking down family histories of cast members now. It's not unlikely that film crew members had someone in their family tree affiliated in some manner with that ship. There were thousands of laborers and crew members for Harland & Wolf, and White Star Lines.

There is surely some national pride in where the films were made, and further back for the great liners.

Harry Dean Stanton was only born about 2 hours from my house. That's kind of neat. Charles Manson lived 10 minutes from my grandmother's house.

I only had a few moments to research today.

John Hurt played the wrongly vilified J. Bruce Ismay in S.O.S. Titanic.

Today is the 103rd anniversary of the sinking of the Britannic, a sister ship to Titanic. It was the 3rd ship of the Olympic Class vessels. It struck a mine during World War 1 and is mostly intact in about 400 feet of water.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed