Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 47,058 times)

The Cruentus

Right the name says it all, post stuff you have only just noticed while watching any of the movies in the franchise. It could be something you didn't notice the first time years ago or even something you only noticed recently, like I did to my shame since I have watched Aliens so many times it should be pouring out of my ears.

So I shall start with the film that inspired this thread, Aliens which I had watched recently and noticed a few things.

1. The Queen was not in the cargo hold of the dropship. This is embarassing for me since I am pretty sure a lot of you already know this one and I can't believe I only noticed it. Basically the Queen was hiding in the landing gear thingy but because she is so huge and so is the gap she came from, I initially thought it was the cargo hold/ramp area.

2. The Queen never lost her grip on Ripley. Another one that passed me by. I always thought the Queen eventually lost her grip on Ripley's foot before going bye bye in space. In actuality, Ripley's boot comes off instead.

3. Vasquez right leg is not the one that was burned by acid. I always assumed it was the leg she used to pin the Alien that got burnt by the acid but nope, what happens is the acid drops onto her left leg that was under the warrior. Also this scene has a blooper in that her arm suddenly gets an arm band when the alien drops down and then it disappears.

Now for another film I decided to watch, if only to see if I missed anything and to play a drinking game. Yes, its requiem. Why isn't there a vomit emoji here!?  :laugh:

1. Surprisingly nice visuals in some scenes. This might not be something folks missed as some have said there is one or two shots that are good. In my case, I recently noticed how good the forest scenes looked with the sunlight passing through the trees. Also there is a scene where a cop is approach the sewer entrance and goes in, which was neat and could have been great if the horror was done good in this movie. Related to that scene there is a shot of the the dog coming in with Buddy's arm through the reflection of a puddle which was nice, which reminds me of another good shot earlier where the Predalien is showed in a reflection before killling a predator.

2. Super acid. Watching closely on the forest scene, Buddy's arm falls off from only a drop of acid that suddenly spreads out to the size of his arm.

3. Surviving re-entry. Now as we all know, the predator scout ship crashes because a predator had the great idea to fire his plasma caster twice inside the ship (missing on both counts). Now as the ship had a hull breach, the re-entry should have cooked nearly everything inside the ship.

4. Eddie Morals was a criminal. Those who subject themselves to the film usually tries not to pay too much attention to dialogue. This time though I did. Before when Dallas says "I usually ride in the back" and how he remembers that Eddie was with him on some of those occasions.I initially took that as he was the arresting officer but then Eddie later says he still has trouble convincing some of the locals that he belongs in the job, this was in reply to Dallas jokingly enquiring if the police were hiring. So apparently Eddie was a troublemaker who was actually riding in the back with Dallas.

And since I still am watching it, that is as far as I have noticed so far on that movie.

I will add something I noticed years while working on the wiki as I was taking snapshots to upload. AVP 2004.

1. Facehugger detail. Now the scene where everyone in the sacrificial chamber is attacked is done in seconds, so really speaking there shouldn't really be a need for any serious attention to detail, but there is. When Rousseau is hit by the hugger and she turns around, you can see that it has its tube in her mouth. Of course that causes one to wonder how is she screaming so loudly and clearly then, since the folks below are able to hear it clear as day as well. Obvious reason is because most of the sound in the movie is probably done by ADR.

2. The bodies are still there. When Miller kills the facehugger and camera pans out to reveal the chamber is filled with eggs, there is a passageway next to where Verheiden is cocooned. Rousseau and Thomas' bodies can be seen cocooned there. Roussea is upside down (with the jacket strangely closed since she died with it open) and the body is clearly a dummy. With Thomas, its only his orange coat that can be seen. Note, these are better seen on some behind the scene images as they are barely perceptable in the movie.

3. Different scenes of Scar vs Queen. I might be misremebering but I recall being showed a dvd from a friend, which was not long after the movie came out and it was watchable, but when I got a proper dvd from a store which was the special edition (this has no movie bearing) and I noticed that the scene in where Scar is roaring at the Queen after being impaled was actually completely different from the one in the dvd my friend showed me. I don't know if it was a regional difference or I might be misremembering but it was stuck in my mind.

TheSailingRabbit

I'm going to keep my list to ten items, because we'd be here all day.

1. Drake kisses his smartgun during the prep scene.

2. Wierzbowski needs a serious back wax (locker scene).

3. Hudson's knife is attached to a paracord necklace instead of his belt.

4. Drake has a similar paracord necklace.

5. Ferro might be ambidextrous (eats with her right hand, reaches for her pistol with her left).

6. Neither Spunkmeyer or Wierzbowski smile once during the film.

7. Drake is a southpaw.

8. Wierzbowski's eyes are brown, not dark-blue (like I assumed).

9. Hudson has a tattoo in his left elbow (it looks like a key, but everyone on Aliens Legacy says it's a hinge), and one of barbed wire around his neck.

10. Crowe is the smallest male in the unit (I thought it was Spunkmeyer until looking at them side-by-side; they're the same height, but Crowe is a lot thinner).

The Cruentus

Just finished Requiem, I feel dirty now  :laugh:

Noticed that the marine's motion tracker sound plays when Colonol Stevens is talking to Morales about how they are 10 miles off.

Oh and another old one, when I first watched Aliens decades ago, I actually thought Apone said "Absolutely bad acid" but when I watched it a second time, I realized it was "bad-a**es"  :laugh:

For the first film, the scene where Kane wakes up, Parker is miming eating, as there doesn't seem to be anything in that tray of his.

TheSailingRabbit

11. Wierzbowski is married (you can see his ring during the briefing scene, and the "absolutely badasses" scene).

12. This face is priceless.

13. Hicks playing with the orbital motion toy during breakfast.

14. Hicks miming Vasquez's "where they are."

15. Wierzbowski has a line--not kidding. You can hear him say, "That's right" during Hudson's "Ultimate Badass" speech.

16. Drake wears a tiny bell around his neck, among the other stuff he has.

17. Drake's cap reads, "This End Up."

18. Is that a boxing helmet in Hicks's locker?

19. Ferro has a rabbit's foot near her holster.

20. Drake says, "OK, baby," to Vasquez during the prep scene.

The Cruentus

Ash has no legs when attacking Parker without his head. I never noticed it the first time I watched the film but I did on repeat veiwings. Basically Parker is fighting with just a torso  :laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

New one tonight.

21. Wierzbowski is running around, frantically looking for his helmet during the prep scene, right before the famous "only clear shot of Crowe."

razeak

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 06, 2019, 07:30:36 PM
11. Wierzbowski is married (you can see his ring during the briefing scene, and the "absolutely badasses" scene).

12. This face is priceless.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/273774289184_/DANIEL-KASH-Robocop-Aliens-Jack.jpg

13. Hicks playing with the orbital motion toy during breakfast.

14. Hicks miming Vasquez's "where they are."

15. Wierzbowski has a line--not kidding. You can hear him say, "That's right" during Hudson's "Ultimate Badass" speech.

16. Drake wears a tiny bell around his neck, among the other stuff he has.

17. Drake's cap reads, "This End Up."

18. Is that a boxing helmet in Hicks's locker?

19. Ferro has a rabbit's foot near her holster.

20. Drake says, "OK, baby," to Vasquez during the prep scene.

Hicks also has a deflated speed bag hanging in his locker. He clearly likes to box.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: razeak on Aug 12, 2019, 02:53:49 AMHicks also has a deflated speed bag hanging in his locker. He clearly likes to box.

I think it's a cool little piece to his character.

razeak

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 12, 2019, 02:36:47 PM
Quote from: razeak on Aug 12, 2019, 02:53:49 AMHicks also has a deflated speed bag hanging in his locker. He clearly likes to box.

It's also awesome to have just discovered this as I'm an avid boxer.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: razeak on Aug 12, 2019, 02:56:43 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 12, 2019, 02:36:47 PM

It's also awesome to have just discovered this as I'm an avid boxer.

Would you mind if I asked questions when I add this to Hicks in my writing?

razeak

The Cruentus

Having seen Covenant multiple times now, there a few more things I have noticed that I didn't on first viewing, one is the blood during Karine's death scene, there is seemingly way too much blood than what realistically could from either Karine or Ledward.

Also there is an edit bloop when Lope is attacked by the facehugger, as you can see edit jump when it leaps from under the table.

Walter's knife can magically change locations. When Walter is disarmed of the knife, its flung quite a distance away from both David and Walter, but after he slams David into a table (which is no where near where the knife dropped), the knife is conveniently within reach of David.

Kradan

Reposting this from another topic :

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 16, 2019, 07:48:58 PM
Don't want to invent wheel with it but what I've noticed recently :

Apone A. - Al Mathews , Hudson W. - William (Bill) Paxton, Drake M. - Mark Rolston, Vasquez J. - Jenette Goldstein, Dietrich C. - Cynthia Scott, Wierzbowski T. - Trevor Steedman, Frost R. - Ricco Ross .

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 16, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
... Crowe T. - Tip Tipping

TheSailingRabbit

You still left out Ferro and Spunkmeyer.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh, for f**k's sake

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 16, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 16, 2019, 08:34:53 PM
You left out Spunkmeyer and Ferro.

I've discovered that through cameras' imagery Gorman, Burk and Ripley were watching in APC .

And we both forgot about poor Crowe !  :D

Crowe T. - Tip Tipping

I don't remember Spunkmeyer and Ferro having any cameras . They didn't investigate the hive with rest of marines IIRC, did they ?

That's my logic and that's why I haven't memtion them and am not going to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed