Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,283 times)

[cancerblack]

Apparently Fox doesn't like the Predalien (they've come to regret the design, from what I can gather), and it's going to be re-designed.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 05, 2013, 06:11:49 AM
I never got into table top gaming. I'm rather nervous... don't really have a steady hand for painting. I'm willing to give it a shot though!

It's a learned trait. You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish. You've got the right attitude. I eventually learned to steady my hand. When I got into mini-wargaming I kinda had an upperhand over my friends when it came to painting because I have a couple of degrees in art, one of which is in painting lol

As for the Predalien thing. I'll get it for completionist sake but I really don't like the design, I don't like the AvP movies at all, but I'll own them anyhow. Show me some Cameron xenos and we're in business!

Komenja

This stuff is pretty cool! Loving all the designs so far. The Marine checking his motion tracker is one I find hilarious for some reason. I can't wait to start throwing my money at this. I'm totally going to paint a Xeno Warrior to resemble Grid, and a Predator to resemble Scarface from the Concrete Jungle game.

[cancerblack]

Xenomrph

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 05, 2013, 09:38:45 PM
Apparently Fox doesn't like the Predalien (they've come to regret the design, from what I can gather), and it's going to be re-designed.
Huh, interesting. I'm just curious, do you have a source on this?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 06, 2013, 09:48:31 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 05, 2013, 09:38:45 PM
Huh, interesting. I'm just curious, do you have a source on this?

I'll go and look for the quote in a bit, it's buried in a looong thread.

*edit*

Quote from: Aeneades
Quote from: Medium of Death
Quote from: Aeneades Sorry if it has already been mentioned here but Produs have said that significant changes are going to happen to the pred-alien figure as the licence holders do not like it (I have only seen good feedback regarding the model on forums).

Anybody got anything on this?

Can't link to it at the moment but a developer posted about it on the lead adventures forum
(AvP thread).

http://www.lead-adventure.de/

Quote from: Aeneades 556916 6219710 nullAnother comment on the alien-predator :

Quotethis model should NOT have been on display at the con and was a mistake.

Also worth noting that clear-plastic Predators are confirmed (FaceBook page iirc).

Xenomrph

Oh hey, I post in the Weird Wars subforum of lead-adventures.de, haha. Their "no Nazi iconography" rule is a little, *ahem*, fascist in my opinion.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

QuoteMay/June for retail box + add ons

Straight from the horses mouth.

Kickstarter is live!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game

Leventa24

Already funded. Not surprising. Interested to see their rendition of a female predator.

PRJ_since1990

Well this certainly is interesting. I'm still looking forward to this. I'll reserve judgment until I get my hands on the finished product (yeah I'm def buying, although they might go unpainted for a long time lol) but so far I like what I see. Just a little curious on the stretch goal sheet (why female preds, I wonder).

And what's this about the "wrong" predalien design? Will there be a more "generic" version (as in Chet is a unique incarnation)? And how will they incorporate facehuggers into the game?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I like their use of the word "cannon" [sic].

At any rate, I'm still backing the hell out of this.

Edit-- caught a typo on the Marine miniature description - they should be M240 flamethrowers. :P

Edit2 -- aaaaaand backed.

Mr. Domino

I can't wait to put a paintbrush to some of those guys, the Preds especially (and that urethane terrain set looks amazing!).

That said, the whole thing is pretty steep at the moment, and I say that as a rabid GW junkie who's used to overpaying. Extra Preds come out to $18/model, which is just untenable for army building. I could build armies of NECA figures for large-scale fights for not much more lol. We'll have to see what it looks like once they start updating for some of the stretch goals. I can't imagine I'll sit out of it completely, but I'm not nearly as excited as I was hoping to be.

Xyz

Xyz

I will probably back the project but I still do not know which amount: there are not much figs and they are quite expensive.

The Predator female has been unlocked (45k£ stretch goal):

The stretch goal for the Predalien (65k£) has also just been reached:

Next stretch goal (75k£) will be the sergeant:

One nice announcement is an additional stretch goal for 85k£: 5 free facehuggers included in the base box for everyone. :)

[cancerblack]

PRJ_since1990

So to make a pledge, are you actually getting something out of it? I thought I read on the side panel something about shipping prices as though it was more of a pre-order depending on how much money you pledged. Now I also saw a bunch of hate on the FB comments related to the pledge/pricing. Can anyone explain why this is so? How much should they charge? Never got into this hobby so I don't know what the value of one of these 28mm figures is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed