Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,750 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 29, 2013, 04:21:04 AM
AVP movie styled Aliens....

I'll pass on this. :P

The Predators and the Marines look nice though... :( Shame.

Only one of many designs.

Sorry, I meant more feel and narratively, not going from AvP movies.

Shadow

the only thing that differs the avp warriors with the ressurection ones are the color, leg design and lower arms. but i can see them doing variants from all films for players to chose their fave warrior designs to their swarm. dog alien is probably a special unit type seperate from warrior

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2013, 07:02:22 AM
Only one of many designs.

Sorry, I meant more feel and narratively, not going from AvP movies.

Are the Super Predators from Predators going to be sold as a separate expansion set for the series?

The only reason I ask is because I would want the option of actually not having to incorporate them into whatever Predator teams I might be forming. I also want the option of not having to buy them.

-Rakai'Thwei

Eldritch_DM

I for one want all of it. As someone who has been a table-top war gamer for a long time, this is something that I've wished and wanted for since forever lol.

Someone asked if they'd be pre-painted or not, my guess is that it falls in line with just about every other table-top war game and no, unpainted. But that's my guess. Which is good, then you can paint them how you want them to be. I'm eager to see the price point for some of this stuff though. I just hope to everything that is holy that it won't be like 40k and everything super expensive.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 29, 2013, 06:49:25 PM
I for one want all of it. As someone who has been a table-top war gamer for a long time, this is something that I've wished and wanted for since forever lol.

Someone asked if they'd be pre-painted or not, my guess is that it falls in line with just about every other table-top war game and no, unpainted. But that's my guess. Which is good, then you can paint them how you want them to be. I'm eager to see the price point for some of this stuff though. I just hope to everything that is holy that it won't be like 40k and everything super expensive.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, in fact the only reason I ever got into 40k was that Tyranids looked so similar to Aliens, and that kicked off the rest of my gaming.
14 years later, here we are with this and I'm rounding up the majority of my GW stuff to sell off, I'd just much rather have this stuff, regardless of which Aliens we end up with (although with the ongoing confusion around the "Infant Warrior", I am hoping we at least get true-to-source Cameraliens).

As for painting and price: I really, really hope they come unpainted. Cast in different coloured plastic maybe, but unpainted/un-assembled is going to be the best for me personally, although I do wonder how many people would say to themselves, "wait... you have to build them and paint them? f**k that noise!" and put the box back on the shelf.

Pricing is difficult, but I kinda see this being on-par with GW starter box pricing. That's not as bad as you'd think though - if you compare 40k/fantasy to most other wargames, the individual models (apart from heroes) aren't any more expensive than other games, and can sometimes be much cheaper than say, Infinity or Malifaux. It's the fact that you need over 9000 models and several hardcover rulebooks to play a game that's the issue. Since this seems to be based around cards, I assume the startup cost to get into this will be comparatively low, hopefully with the core rules included in the "big box".

Eldritch_DM

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 29, 2013, 11:17:57 PM
Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 29, 2013, 06:49:25 PM

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, in fact the only reason I ever got into 40k was that Tyranids looked so similar to Aliens, and that kicked off the rest of my gaming.
14 years later, here we are with this and I'm rounding up the majority of my GW stuff to sell off, I'd just much rather have this stuff, regardless of which Aliens we end up with (although with the ongoing confusion around the "Infant Warrior", I am hoping we at least get true-to-source Cameraliens).

As for painting and price: I really, really hope they come unpainted. Cast in different coloured plastic maybe, but unpainted/un-assembled is going to be the best for me personally, although I do wonder how many people would say to themselves, "wait... you have to build them and paint them? f**k that noise!" and put the box back on the shelf.

Pricing is difficult, but I kinda see this being on-par with GW starter box pricing. That's not as bad as you'd think though - if you compare 40k/fantasy to most other wargames, the individual models (apart from heroes) aren't any more expensive than other games, and can sometimes be much cheaper than say, Infinity or Malifaux. It's the fact that you need over 9000 models and several hardcover rulebooks to play a game that's the issue. Since this seems to be based around cards, I assume the startup cost to get into this will be comparatively low, hopefully with the core rules included in the "big box".

haha yeah, I still own my small Tyranid force. From time to time, I would use those minis as substitutes for AvP styled DnD games I would run for friends but it just wasn't the same lol. That dream is finally over  ;D  The variation of different "types" of Xenos is what intrigues and interests me the most. Having variety will hopefully cater to just about everyone, but yeah I do hope for ridge heads rather than just all smooth domes.

Yeah I guess tabletop wargamers have a different mind set than others. I'd rather paint them my own way. I'm hoping that as well.

This is true. I don't know anything about the company producing this so I have high hopes. I wish it was more like Privateer Press. They are a fantastic company and their game Warmachine/Hordes is top notch. A lot of 40k players convert over to it after getting fed up with the constant price increases, edition changes, and rule changing. I didn't know it would include cards in the game play as well. This is a new fact for me. I know Malifaux is resonable price wise, the same like Warmachine but 40k just hurts the wallet over and over.

Xenomrph

I'll definitely be contributing to the Kickstarter for this once it goes live.

Eldritch_DM

Found this picture on the AvP Miniatures game facebook page today. Facehugger looks great and you can see some eggs in the bottom left pic in the background. They are shaping up nice. Prodos said on their FB page that an official announcement with more info than we already know will be said on Monday.

Xyz

This game looks very nice.
I hope the news on Monday are worth the waiting time. :)

[cancerblack]

New pics from the Warzone Convention (yes, there are Warzone models behind the AvP ones, don't freak out):

Personally, I can't say I'm a fan of the Predalien. Too much Chet. Here's hoping Prodos get their act together on some Giger and or Cameraliens soon.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 03, 2013, 10:49:37 PM
New pics from the Warzone Convention (yes, there are Warzone models behind the AvP ones, don't freak out):

http://cdn1.cdnme.se/4109540/6-3/063_52769592ddf2b37b83bf4b93.jpg
http://cdn1.cdnme.se/4109540/6-3/064_527695b29606ee33945c005e.jpg
http://cdn1.cdnme.se/4109540/6-3/066_527695ea9606ee5c43c37c15.jpg

Personally, I can't say I'm a fan of the Predalien. Too much Chet. Here's hoping Prodos get their act together on some Giger and or Cameraliens soon.

Nice. I'm glad know to find out the Marines are 30mm bases and the Aliens and Preds are on 40mm bases. Very fitting. I'm not liking the Predalien though.... too much AvPR and that's not a good thing.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Nov 03, 2013, 11:19:45 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 03, 2013, 10:49:37 PM

http://cdn1.cdnme.se/4109540/6-3/063_52769592ddf2b37b83bf4b93.jpg
http://cdn1.cdnme.se/4109540/6-3/064_527695b29606ee33945c005e.jpg
http://cdn1.cdnme.se/4109540/6-3/066_527695ea9606ee5c43c37c15.jpg

Nice. I'm glad know to find out the Marines are 30mm bases and the Aliens and Preds are on 40mm bases. Very fitting. I'm not liking the Predalien though.... too much AvPR and that's not a good thing.

Agreed on all fronts.

Xyz

It has been confirmed on the official Facebook page that there will be a Kickstarter campaign.

Xenomrph

I'm digging the PredAlien.

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed