J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens

Started by felix, Sep 16, 2019, 05:18:33 AM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens (Read 56,942 times)

Kradan

Kradan

What's wrong with that ?

Assembly Cut - masterpiece

Theatrical cut  - masterpiece after its balls were cut .

TheSailingRabbit

Guess we should change this thread to "J.W. Rinzler's Hypothetical Making of Alien 3."

Local Trouble

I hope his Alien 3 book will provide new information that'll help us achieve consensus in the Egg on Sulaco thread.

Samhain13

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 23, 2019, 09:37:50 PM
I think they should put Fincher in dark room, strap his hands and legs and finally make him watch Assembly's Cut so he can finally admit what a masterpiece he did

https://cdn1-www.mandatory.com/assets/uploads/2014/08/file_1053469_MENS_Frozen_01_clockwork-orange_Photofest_clockwork_fr_1920b.jpg

Make him play ACM too. He can add references to it on a new Alien 3 director's cut.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 23, 2019, 10:58:40 PM
I hope his Alien 3 book will provide new information that'll help us achieve consensus in the Egg on Sulaco thread.

Nah, it would be like like Sherlock Holmes without Dr. Moriarty, like yin without yang .

The Old One

The Old One

I think people clearly (here anyway) have more interest in an AlienĀ³ BTS book than an Aliens BTS book.

HuDaFuK

I'm hugely excited for his book on Aliens.

I just think the first two films have already been documented in pretty exhaustive detail, way before Rinzler ever got involved. I get the feeling that, as much as has been said about the making of the third movie, there's definitely more to know, and a seriously in-depth look could be incredibly interesting, especially given that its production was by far the biggest shitshow in the series.

I'd also shit kittens if he went on to complete the series and do Resurrection, because even Lauzirika's excellent documentary doesn't honestly tell you that much about its making.

Mr. Clemens

Yeah, 'Superior Firepower' pretty much scratches my Aliens itch. By all accounts it was a reasonably happy shoot (for the crew, if not for Cameron and Hurd), and everyone seemed pleased and more than happy to talk about it.

Not so for Alien3, and there's lots of people we never heard from. Maybe time will have loosened some lips a bit, a la Ralph Brown's wonderful set diaries that popped up a while back...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 23, 2019, 09:37:50 PM
I think they should put Fincher in dark room, strap his hands and legs and finally make him watch Assembly's Cut so he can finally admit what a masterpiece he did

https://cdn1-www.mandatory.com/assets/uploads/2014/08/file_1053469_MENS_Frozen_01_clockwork-orange_Photofest_clockwork_fr_1920b.jpg

But Fincher had nothing to do with the Assembly Cut.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 24, 2019, 04:11:20 PM
By all accounts it was a reasonably happy shoot

Aside from the male lead that got busted for possession a couple of weeks into filming, the cinematographer that got fired during filming because he and Cameron didn't get along, Cameron's issues with the British film crew and the subsequent crew walkouts, the brakes failing on the APC, the roof of the APC collapsing, some of the cast almost suffocating, James Horner's conflict with Cameron and the troubled creation of the film's score...

Local Trouble

I want to see a dramatic re-enactment of Cameron being interrupted by the tea time lady.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Now I'm kind of picturing a jovial and plump tea-lady walking up to Cameron in the midst of a difficult and complex take and asking him if he would like some "Earl Grey and sticky buns, lovey".

Come to think of it, didn't someone spike Cameron's drink with PCP or LSD on Titanic? Maybe they figured he needed to loosen-up a bit?

Local Trouble

I imagine him erupting like Christian Bale did on the set of Terminator Salvation and making her cry.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 24, 2019, 04:22:41 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 24, 2019, 04:11:20 PM
By all accounts it was a reasonably happy shoot

Aside from the male lead that got busted for possession a couple of weeks into filming, the cinematographer that got fired during filming because he and Cameron didn't get along, Cameron's issues with the British film crew and the subsequent crew walkouts, the brakes failing on the APC, the roof of the APC collapsing, some of the cast almost suffocating, James Horner's conflict with Cameron and the troubled creation of the film's score...

Damn, I forgot about all those! Maybe I do need to buy the book.  :D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 24, 2019, 07:14:36 PM
I imagine him erupting like Christian Bale did on the set of Terminator Salvation and making her cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auwpvAU2YA

Another Hollyweird Prima-Donna.

Local Trouble

This version always reminds me of Xenomrph for some reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed