Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 83,333 times)

Corporal Hicks

Thanks , I'll put it online when I get home.  Looks like a lot of mutant action.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Is it me or does Elden...

Spoiler
Seem to come off as "Why can't we be friends?! If we can't be friends.. YOU MUST DIE!!" a little too much in the AvP storyline?
[close]

Also..

Spoiler
Doesn't the black goo remove most of the cerebral functions of the brain and instead emphasize on the visceral? You know, like how with Fifield went from becoming a knowledgeable geologist to becoming this bestial, visceral thing? How come Francis is able to more or less retain his ability for speech and rational thinking?
[close]

Ultramorph

As far as your second question, Rakai...

Spoiler
Francis was exposed to the goo that filtered through Elden's system, so his mutation is less chaotic than what happened to Fifield or Nolan Cale in the Aliens comic.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Fair enough.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 24, 2014, 07:18:45 PMCBR has released a preview of AvP #4. Beware of spoilers.

Yeah...that's a pretty major spoiler

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on Dec 25, 2014, 02:07:41 AM
Yeah...that's a pretty major spoiler

Agreed, I was surprised they would spoil something like that. I can't say the preview has me terribly enthused, but I'm still hoping they pull out a good ending.

RakaiThwei

Something tells me that the last remaining, unmutated Predator..

Spoiler
Dies like a bitch.
[close]

Which I am hoping that isn't to be the case.

happypred

happypred

Sebela claimed he was going to give us Aliens vs. Predator action...instead he gives us all this mutant sh*t, which I find hilarious

Olivetti's aliens and predators also look like garbage 

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

CBR has a preview of Predator #4. Be aware of spoilers.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25298

Spoiler
I like the snippets from Ahab's hunts in search of the Engineers.
[close]

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Just looking at that preview...

Spoiler
It seems even an old, retiring, and weary Predator is STILL STRONG ENOUGH to take on an Engineer.. Oooooh ho ho ho ho ho! That just put a f**king smile on my face there!
[close]

Also something worth of note...

Spoiler
It seems as if plenty of races out there actively worship and even have had direct interactions with the Engineers. For plenty of these races to be aware of them, even having had direct contact implies they were created and held in favor of Engineers.. Given that Ahab doesn't know much about this enigmatic race, I think it's safe to say that the Predators may not be a creation of the Engineers. And I most certainly hope it stays that way.
[close]

And one more thing...

Spoiler
Was Ahab hiding during the events of the AvP comic? If so... sneaky sonuvabitch knows how to hide from other Predators as well!
[close]

Ultramorph

In regards to your second point, I agree. They avoided doing anything silly, while also establishing the Engineers' relationship with other races.

Also, Juan Ferreyra just tweeted about Omega, saying:

Quote@juaneferreyra: @kellysue I just read Prometheus Omega! awesome issue! non stop action! The art is amazing!!

https://twitter.com/juaneferreyra/status/550103713994792960

Looks like we can expect a lot of action in the finale.

happypred

happypred

I really hope Augustin Alesso's predators and xenomorphs are better than Olivetti's tripe

Olivetti's art got worse and worse with each issue...what is this shit?

Son Of Kane

Quote from: happypred on Dec 31, 2014, 09:54:59 AM
I really hope Augustin Alesso's predators and xenomorphs are better than Olivetti's tripe

Olivetti's art got worse and worse with each issue...what is this shit?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5e/64/07/5e6407a351a60aa5a2d2a8c078361130.jpg

Predators as they truly are, humans with stupid looking crab faces.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I hate to say it, but while they featured some very atmospheric art in places, the series, as a whole, seemed like a bit of a damp squib...

That last issue of the 'Aliens'-focused segment was basically one big excuse for a character to effectively say, "What does it all meeeeean?!" Reiterates a few fan-favourite 'Prometheus' theories and then goes nowhere with it.

To this day, I still don't understand how a synthetic robot was meant to have grown flesh, mutated and had its software programming altered. That entire sub-plot didn't make any sense, at all. It was like the writers got together and went, "How can we make a cool-looking version of Fifield?" But didn't think it through, logically.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 01, 2015, 01:04:44 AM
To this day, I still don't understand how a synthetic robot was meant to have grown flesh, mutated and had its software programming altered. That entire sub-plot didn't make any sense, at all. It was like the writers got together and went, "How can we make a cool-looking version of Fifield?" But didn't think it through, logically.

Agreed and I haven't even so much as read the comic. Sure, I've been told that it's a diluted form of the black liquid but somethings apparently have been tossed around saying that it is technological, but also natural occurring. Nothing really answered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed