Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 60,160 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

well hopefully not a big deal about this

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I dont know, maybe they eat for pleasure or strength or something, like they dont need to but they can when they get the chance.  the Alien clearly eats people in Alien 3.  not to mention ripley says "It wont kill me, I stood right next to it, I could have been lunch."

Accaris

Accaris

They eat to get health back ala the PC game lolskates

Tun

Tun

Quote from: AdamJZ on Nov 28, 2007, 09:48:50 PM
I dont know, maybe they eat for pleasure or strength or something, like they dont need to but they can when they get the chance.  the Alien clearly eats people in Alien 3.  not to mention ripley says "It wont kill me, I stood right next to it, I could have been lunch."
Yeah that's what I assumed when i saw it in Alien 3 (i think it's clearly meant to show the alien is eating), because I never thought they Had to eat, but it was more a convienance thing. maybe gives them some added benefit or something.
Though i think it would be better if they didn't eat at all.

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 09:23:19 PM
Who did it ignore? It didn't attack dillon when he pulled the guy down but that doesn't mean he was eating that guy.

Is that so? Can you say it 100% for sure? No! .. All speculation .. no more .. no less!

Look at the scene in alien 3 where the alien get the first prisoner. The Alien is clearly "doing" smth. with him .. it looks like it is eating him .. When Tim get attacked in the trailer through the window the alien is doing the same stuff.

greetz

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Accaris on Nov 28, 2007, 09:53:19 PM
They eat to get health back ala the PC game lolskates

only they weren't eating there, just mauling. and that was rebellions decisions, and they knew that aliens don't need to eat, they gain energy thanks to increasing level of the agression.

belive me, implementing eating bodies instead of ripping them apart in game engine would be a lot easier, but they did otherwise.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I dont get the problem with aliens eating, its natural.

Otnip

Otnip

People just need more to bitch about.

Although Greg shouldn't have tried to justify the whole darker colored facehugger by saying it was "a warrior facehugger". Thats a bunch a crap.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 28, 2007, 10:01:14 PM

for animals yes. for biomechanical killers from outer space, not necesseraly

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

QuoteEating Aliens, WTF?!?

YES!!! Eating Aliens, so what? you saw them eating in Alien3, what did you expected them to eat? steal walls???

::) ::) ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: AdamJZ on Nov 28, 2007, 09:48:50 PM

she didn't mean that literally, she means you would have been killed. (either that or her character didn't know that they don't actually eat people)

Robotpo

Robotpo

Seeing the aliens eat takes away from their, well, "Alien-ness." It makes them anthropomorphic and relatable to animals on Earth, and helps demystify their aurora of being "truly unknown" from the original movies. One of the things that makes the aliens unique IMO is that they don't kill for food, but because they're programmed to as a species, making them different and somewhat more complex than the average movie monster.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, Alien 3 looked like eating so it's possible

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: vehtam on Nov 28, 2007, 10:08:26 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 28, 2007, 10:01:14 PM

for animals yes. for biomechanical killers from outer space, not necesseraly

I always thought that alien would eat, they are not machines, alien or not, its natural.
No problem here.

Robotpo

Robotpo

True, but Alien 3 had canon problems all its own, so it's probably not a good place for future filmmakers to look at as a jumping-off point...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed