NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 823,830 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 09, 2021, 12:19:49 PM
egg-morphed Dallas when??
Here's a custom I did a LONG time ago using the Aoshima Eggmorphing Brett toy.
It's 1/12 scale. 
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=139.180

Master

Master

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 12, 2021, 11:27:24 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 09, 2021, 12:19:49 PM
egg-morphed Dallas when??
Here's a custom I did a LONG time ago using the Aoshima Eggmorphing Brett toy.
It's 1/12 scale. 
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=139.180

Cool!

judge death

judge death

Got my hands finally on the predalien figure :D
Can tell its older neca, near zero options in pose and very limited, the warrior one had better poses and thats bad. Detail wise its alright.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

What's going on here with my doubles of the neca ultimate Aliens? I smell something bootleggy. I have 2 blue Aliens and two brown. But the paint jobs on all are quite different.

Two of these must be bootlegs. Either that or neca did them a bit differently later on in a different batch.

Whatever the case may be, the one I got today with the metallic brown paint job has got to be, like one of my favourite figures. I absolutely love it. Reminds me of the Kenner scorpion alien, which is a childhood dream come true for me. I do have the neca scorpion alien as well, but I don't like it as much since it wasn't in a movie.

Please Help me in identifying what's going on here.

Thanks

judge death

judge death

Hard to tell, as they handpaint them I think, and all neca ones I found are different painted and differs, kinda hard to find those who are correctly painted and has a shiny front of the head.
The bootleg ones also varies so from paint jobs its very hard to tell.

From left to right I would be suspicious about nr 2. The rest I cant tell if they are true neca or not.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm almost certain the first and third alien are bootlegs. The blue one has exactly the same shade as my blue bootleg, and the green-brown one looks exactly like my legit warrior.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah the badly painted one in the middle looks exactly like my legit neca warriors. I've never had paint anywhere near as nice looking as the one on the left on a neca product.

Blue could go either way, hard to say in that pic.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Thanks so much guys.

Like anything neca-based, the bootlegs certainly would have shattered to pieces if I had not put them in near boiling water before moving any of their parts. But they hold up better, more stable, than the official neca product after the fact. They feel so solid and sturdy.

I don't normally condone buying bootleg merchandise. As it is, I did over pay for the two bootleg Aliens, which came from an eBay seller who delivered directly to my door within my Canadian city. But I love these Aliens very much. I'm not going to be so wary about buying neca bootlegs in the future. I know for a fact that I already own many more neca bootlegs, which are also very good.

Sorry neca... I'm tired of dealing with your obtuse shit.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm considering repainting my Neca Runner, but I gotta ask - has anyone successfully straightened out the tail blade? It came badly bent, unsurprisingly, but boiling water only fixes it for a few minutes before it goes back to the curved/bent shape. If it's just not going to be fixable I might not bother with the repaint.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I believe it's possible since that part is thinner and a more bendable plastic. I have successfully permanently bent the fingers on my Big Chap for a more aggressive pose using a hair dryer, but have failed to straighten the legs or some warped back tubes.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Unfortunately I think it'll be closer to the back tubes since it's the bendy rubber they do the tails with.

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Had been really waiting for the Panther. Can't say it was worth the wait lol.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Leggs.stl on Aug 27, 2021, 10:52:54 PM
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1431015400024719360?s=20

New Kenner Xenos on the horizon

Might be a hard pass on this one. I was excited at first but now the more I see it the more I see how lazy it looks with all the recycling from the dog alien they did. Not to mention overall, it just doesn't look very good to me.

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

They ARE incredibly silly, but I LOVE silly colored xenomorphs. Both of these are gonna find their way into my shelf. ;D ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed