Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 63,611 times)

Kimarhi

To me it feels like RE7 and RE8 want to get away from the virus inspired bioweapons and monsters and focus on the more supernatural element of horror but because of their past with the franchise they are unable to do a complete disconnect.  It's kind of the same feeling I had for RE4.  Like it wanted to be its own game but the developers thought it might not sell without the RE tag involved, just because of the different tone and feel it had. 

Heisenberg besides his talking, reminded me more of a FEAR villain. 

BlueMarsalis79

Funny enough you say that considering the original RE4 ideas.

Stitch

Stitch

Considering the first Resident Evil was supposed to be a remake of Sweet Home (which had actual supernatural activity and creatures), and a first person perspective, ironically RE8 might actually be the closest the franchise has ever been to its original goal.

Kimarhi

I remember them talking about RE4 in the early going was straight up going to be supernatural horror, but changed it to be attached to the RE franchise. 

RE the name sells though, I quite liked The Evil Within and TEW2 especially but I feel that even though it "feels" similar to RE (and had one of its creators) that it would've done better if it was a subset of RE.  So I can see why Capcom is hesitant to detach their horror games from the brand. 

I definitely felt in RE7 main campaign that they were trying to move away from all the Umbrella stuff.  Wasn't till the very end that they even mentioned it.  It was so late in the game that I often wondered if somebody tried to force it on the creators to tie it back in with all the earlier franchise.

Kind of feels like they want to have the story move forward and go after the connections, but all the DLC and everything keeps trying to tie it back into the same old Umbrella/BSAA formula. 

KiramidHead

I think the concept behind that early version of RE4 was Leon was infected with an Umbrella virus that made him trip out and hallucinate the supernatural stuff. But there was something like 3 or 4 scrapped versions of that game, and I could be mixing a couple of them up.

BlueMarsalis79

It used to be a lot like what this ended up being.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I really enjoyed discovering Davids's lab from covenant by the end of this game.
Spoiler

[close]

That big lump of biomass at the table is even cross dissected like the alien egg!
Cool to have fellow fans at capcom.

BlueMarsalis79

https://youtu.be/bSx9_iCTtSQ

Spoiler
The best thing to come out of Village.
[close]

mayorovd

Change of subject but I actually ended up liking Ethan pretty well by the end of this game.

Kimarhi

I always liked Ethan.  He was like a Goku character or Superman character.  Flat arc but likeable just because he was a good dude trying to help his family. 

PredBabe

PredBabe

The trailer for RE4's remake just dropped. Looks like it's set for March 2023

I think it looks pretty damn good. It's obviously not a necessary remake, at least by way of graphics, but I'm hyped to see it receive the more grounded and serious treatment that the recent installments and remakes have had. I don't think they'll change too much but I hope the changes that are made start to make the series feel more cohesive.
Love the music choice for the trailer!

Stitch

Stitch

I'm surprisingly excited for it. Knew it was coming, wanted a Code Veronica remake more, but having seen the trailer... Yeah, I'm kinda hyped. Especially for the VR content.

RidgeTop

Quite looking forward to this one. Shortcomings and all I really enjoyed the RE2 and RE3 remakes. This seems to have an even darker tone than the original RE4, similar to some of the earlier prototypes for the game. I'll be curious about the alterations to the story.

Master

Master

I really hoped Code Veronica is next, because It's one of the best and sends off Zombies in style. But I also love RE:4 as much as other guy so I'm happy.

Razz

Razz

This plus the Dead Space Remake, The Calisto Protocol and the rumoured Last Of Us Remake, gonna be a pretty cool time for survival horror fans.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed