Stingray's Art (Read 34,659 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Omg, these are f**king fantastic.

Stingray

Stingray

Thanks!

Here's the others I found so far:

Old crew patch concept for the USS "Logan", the original name of the "Dreadnaught":

Crew patch concept for the USS "Dreadnaught":

Various other crew / service patch concepts:

Colonial Marines sidearm concept:

Explosive device concept:

--

By the way, I also found this beautiful Mars-related drawing (yes, a continuation of the two post-apocalyptic Mars drawings), but it hasn't been completed. I'll try and finish it soon. Maybe tonight.

Also thought I should let you know I've updated my DeviantArt with some more recent works as well, but I can't post them here due to the NSFW nature.

More to follow.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

:o

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

These are so f**king cool.

Stingray

Stingray

Just did this last night. The first concept for Queen Chrysalis' flagship.

I'm not used to this design style, so I admit that when I started with the left side I didn't really know what I was doing. But when I got to the right, I started getting the hang of it.  :)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Stingray on Mar 26, 2013, 07:49:43 PM

I'm not used to this design style, so I admit that when I started with the left side I didn't really know what I was doing. But when I got to the right, I started getting the hang of it.  :)

I see the lines of a bird in there.

Spoiler
A badass Giger-looking bird.
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvw0mekINQ#ws

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Holy--- :o

Your previous work showed that you could magnificently tackle the human side of the Alien designs, but this piece goes even farther and shows your excellent grasp and understanding of what made Giger's outworldly half of the film so amazing. Bravo, sir. You continue to impress.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

You make stuff like this and you're not famous!?

You are either a horribly unlucky person or just horrible.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Or he's 19 and without formal credentials...

Stingray

Stingray

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 26, 2013, 10:40:15 PM
Holy--- :o

Your previous work showed that you could magnificently tackle the human side of the Alien designs, but this piece goes even farther and shows your excellent grasp and understanding of what made Giger's outworldly half of the film so amazing. Bravo, sir. You continue to impress.

Thanks! Giger's style is much harder to do than most of the other stuff I've been doing, but it is also more fun since you can go wild with the shapes and stuff. I'm going to do some more concepts of the flagship in this style soon (not really pleased with how this first try turned out).

--

On an unrelated note, I've been trying my mind at tulpaforcing lately. It's still in the early stages, which means I still feel like I'm talking to an "imaginary friend" type of entity, but I'm making progress. I never really got in to the idea of the "wonderland"... it just wasn't my thing. However, I did try it once, and THIS is what I saw. More or less. I knew I had to sketch it out when I returned to reality.

Please forgive the crudeness of it, this is only a basic idea of what I saw. The details were not very clear.

Should I ever try this again, I'll make sure to sketch other "interesting" things I come across.

Stingray

Stingray

Guys, I tried it again last night. This time I really immersed myself in it.

It started off on what I suppose is the same massive ship from last time, except in the cargo bay. Let me tell you, this place was HUGE! So big that I think I even saw the Nostromo docked in a far corner of it. I swear!

So then my tulpa appears next to me and we talk about... stuff. I don't really remember what. She then led me down the catwalk to a corridor through the ship. She was like touring me around the place, I guess since I'm still new to this.

Then an emergency alarm sounds, and she says we have to get to "the ships". I simply follow her to these hatchways in the nearby wall that lead into the docked fighters. When the enemy ships came charging after us, it was an intense battle, but me and my tulpa fought through it to the very end.

After it was all over, we landed in the cargo bay and stepped out of our spacecraft.

"Wow..." I started "that was amazing!"

"Yeah, you did pretty good out there." she replied.

"Say, shouldn't we go dock these back in the original ports?"

"Nah. Let the robots take care of it."

I was shocked. "Robots? There's robots on board?"

"Sure. They're the ones who maintain the ship. That's why, despite its size, it only needs a crew of us two."

I looked around me, taking it all in. "I think I'm going to like it here..." I turned back to her. "Well, I suppose I should get going. See you in the real world soon."

"Alright" She smiled. "See ya."

Now THAT was an adventure.  8)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

MOAR!!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I am fascinated by the fact that you are oblivious to your own awesomness.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed