The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 323,199 times)

Tequila

Tequila

Quote from: Drewid on Feb 26, 2010, 08:41:36 AM
Quote from: Tequila on Feb 25, 2010, 09:45:13 PM
Quote from: Drewid on Feb 15, 2010, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: Jumbik on Feb 15, 2010, 09:40:23 PM
Graphics ... Im still playing original UFO for the atmosphere. No prob for me.

Hahaa.  Like I said.
Quote from: Drewid on Feb 15, 2010, 06:55:53 PM
... classics  that people still play 15 years later,...

Sorry I'm late, I'm still catching up, but  did I read that correctly?  You worked on X-Com?  =00=

must...not...derail...thread.

Um, yes?  :-\

Sorry, I'm such a fangirl,  I used x-com as an example in my degree thesis, I've got some questions, I'll PM you if that;s OK?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

A real life Tequila!!! :)

Anyway, I see lots of solid scores on that front page. Seems like the lowest scores came from the big time reviewers, who in my opinion, are just 1 opinion at a time.

genozide

genozide

Made a little investigation of the scores vs numbers so far. (AvPgalaxy -> worthplaying reviews).

First i converted them all to percent. And was gonna do a chart but i don't have excel.  :-\

First number range is score in percent, second is number of scores within this area.
I find it interesting that the second largest meridian (or what the statistical peak in a graph is called) is in the 80-84 range.

Here are the results:

95-100   None
90-94   6
85-89   8
80-84   17
75-79   6
70-74   22
65-69   6
60-64   12
55-59   2
50-54   2
45-49   None
40-44   3

40 was the lowest score in percent of all the reviews.
Made this as a statistical curiousity.

EDIT: Oh and i made it because the total average doesn't always give the best picture of a score fractal.

EDIT 2: Don't wanna double post so i'll just edit this in. One thing i've wondered about with AvP reviews is how have the consoles separately vs PC succeeded? Is it possible/or could someone break the reviews up into platforms and have a similar table or graph set side by side for comparison? It's probably a lot to ask but if it should be asked somewhere i think this is the place..  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but damn, this review is harsh.

http://www.crispygamer.com/gamereviews/2010-03-08/aliens-vs-predator-pc.aspx

Corporate Merc

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 08, 2010, 09:53:16 PM

He makes a few good points like the campaign's are too short and you're vulnerable while stealth/trophy killing someone but nothing we didnt already know. I personally love this game I do agree that the campaigns are too short but thats the only complaint I have, it seems only really hardcore AVP fans will like it. He even said the kill moves sucked ?!?! they are the most badass thing ive ever seen in a video game. I dont care what any of these douche reviewers say its a good game in my book.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

"So where was I? Hmm. The weapons suck, the enemies are too tough given the setting, and headshots don't make a difference. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, the plot."

Is it just me, or do most of the "reviewers" who give this game a rock bottom score come across as not having any clue of what they are talking about?

Corporate Merc

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2010, 01:24:10 AM

"So where was I? Hmm. The weapons suck, the enemies are too tough given the setting, and headshots don't make a difference. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, the plot."

Is it just me, or do most of the "reviewers" who give this game a rock bottom score come across as not having any clue of what they are talking about?

They have no clue what their talkin about at all.

Brother

Brother

The very same reviewer could have liked the game and gave it a nice lil' review, I bet he'd be a hero then. It's possible that he played and completed the game, he didn't have much interest in playing more or reviewing it on another level (waste of time for him), so he wrote his first impressions that look rather "he has no clue" to us hardcore fans.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

... or maybe some of his complaints aren't legitimate given the source material?

Complaining about Aliens being resilient is sorta like complaining about Predators relying on stealth - no shit?

Brother

Brother

Sure some reviews were bs but in general there are a lot of bad ones and they can't all be wrong, though the fans only choose to bark at those. Doesn't take much to see how people are losing interest fast and the same happens with the reviewers.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

It seems like every other time I log into steam to play this game, the metascore has gone down. I remember when it was like 78 :P

Now it's at 70. Wonder if it will drip below that yet.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

It's honestly really not that hard to believe someone didn't enjoy this game......it's certainly not for just anyone I think most of us can certainly agree with that one...

Most of the reviews have been 'So so" which isn't bad..but a disappointment none the less...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I still haven't played the full game yet (!), but the metascore of 70 is disappointing. I really wanted it to be in the mid-80s at the very least.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2010, 03:46:19 AM
I really wanted it to be in the mid-80s at the very least.

We all did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed