GOTY awards

Started by newbeing, Dec 18, 2014, 02:37:36 PM

Author
GOTY awards (Read 869 times)

newbeing

newbeing

Looks like Alien: Isolation has picked up a few GOTY awards from both PCgamer magazine and Playstation magazine.
Rock Paper Shotgun voted it best survival horror game of the year.

After Aliens: Colonial Marines I thought the chances of an Aliens game even being nominated were slim to none. Congrats to CA.

Xhan

Xhan

I would say grats, but awards don't really mean jack shit anymore other than "this magazine/ezine/streamer/_______ thinks you're politically great."

I'd say the large and steadily growing plethora of overwhelmingly positive user reviews is of more critical and financial concern.

newbeing

newbeing

I agree, the user reviews are definitely more important, but as a method of drumming up interest to those that might have passed it off initially, I think awards have some merit. Sort of how the oscars get people to see movies they might not have given a crap about initially. Granted if your still subscribed to a gaming magazine, you probably have your finger on what's good and what's not in the gaming world.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

The awards are watered down, but have merit. No question.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Watered down or not, when was the last time an Alien or AVP game was nominated for or received an award? Even if game awards are like Grammy awards, it still made it. A little piece of my fanboyism has suddenly been struck with confidence and faith again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed