More Leaked Set Photos!

Started by 333zzz, Dec 09, 2016, 01:54:21 AM

Author
More Leaked Set Photos! (Read 47,928 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Were these pics the recently released images of the space jockey chair? At least that's the only one I saw.

windebieste

windebieste

Probably thinking of the 'AvP' movie.

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 11, 2016, 05:04:28 AM

Were these pics the recently released images of the space jockey chair? At least that's the only one I saw.
There was a chair in some of the photos, yes.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2016, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 10, 2016, 11:37:39 AM
  the amount of hate I have towards the entertainment industry for creating unskippable trailers/commercials... is still damn strong till this day. So much so that although I buy movies I rarely ever open the damn things out of a primal fear of unskippable trailers.
I haven't seen an unskippable trailer in many years.
Check the bargain bin at walmart. Which are merely repackaged dvds that didn't sell when it was a trend. However I've seen a few blurays that do it, however I think the players content protection actually causes a lot of those errors if it can't log on line to check the cert.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2016, 09:52:28 PM
Everyone else got paid according to their contract, even the Producers and Directors, what they earn through the rights are just candies that drop every year  :D
Except if the film doesn't return enough money those people who made it are deemed failures and don't get further work. Whether the filmmakers get their royalties isn't the issue.
That's why most creative artiest have unions. Still, rarely does the content creators get blamed for a movies bombing. That generally lies at the feat of the Director/Producer/Studio. However considering most are either salaried or independent contractors... they're paid up front and a movies success general only means how much extra revenue is available for investment after the big wigs line their pockets. Movies are over priced and it has nothing to do with small kine borrowing. :P

Still f**k, movies are dirt cheap today. I mean netflix is piss poor cheap compared to the old way to watch movies at home.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 11, 2016, 06:05:20 AM
Check the bargain bin at walmart.
Don't have those here. The only DVDs that still have them are the old ones. New DVDs/Blu barely even have trailers, let alone unskippable ones.

QuoteStill, rarely does the content creators get blamed for a movies bombing. That generally lies at the feat of the Director/Producer/Studio.
... those are the content creators. Director's movie bombs? Might get another chance, but if their movies don't earn money they don't get projects.

Shit, the bar for how much money they need to make is constantly getting raised, too. David Lynch can't get a film off the ground because 20-80 million dollar budgets are barely with the risk for studios any more.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 10, 2016, 11:09:09 AM
Leaked picture of "terraforming bay", where the Covenant crew kept its heavy machinery, reminds me of this:

Me too. Everyone was saying Aliens. But for me, it was only that rover that looked Aliens-like to me. The set itself reminded me of the guts of the Nostromo. Very plush but shiny, greasy and damp.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2016, 06:15:29 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 11, 2016, 06:05:20 AM
Still, rarely does the content creators get blamed for a movies bombing. That generally lies at the feat of the Director/Producer/Studio.
... those are the content creators. Director's movie bombs? Might get another chance, but if their movies don't earn money they don't get projects.

Shit, the bar for how much money they need to make is constantly getting raised, too. David Lynch can't get a film off the ground because 20-80 million dollar budgets are barely with the risk for studios any more.
Yea but there blame is heavily shared where as the big names on the posters are the ones that take the lions share of the blame. Which makes sense, since they also take the glory when the movie is successful. Of course things could be done differently in your neck of the woods. Here all the professional trades from concept art to set construction to water-person are mostly union so whether a movie bombs or not is not at issue. That and most of the back work and even the cgi is rarely to blame for a movie sucking. It's the execution that usually causes it.

However with cgi so heavily incorporated it shouldn't be surprising how movie budgets have grown astronomically large. It's a collegiate (very high skill) profession that takes thousands of people in some cases.

SiL

SiL

What are you talking about? You agree if a movie bombs that the people on the poster take the blame - which hurts future employment opportunities - then say 'but whatever, unions'.

Unions don't guarantee work. They are equally irrelevant to the discussion.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Crappy movies may kill off sequels, so yea, jobs for a particular franchise but that's life. However the demand for more movies is still there and there will be work to be had on other movies. Still when was the last time we blamed so and so from accounting or make up for a bad movie?

Most people who work on a movie get a prevailing wage for time invested. None of them see any cut from the profit stream. Nor is there a guarantee that the same people will even work on a sequel movie. Even less people are needed for re-release/director cut/etc products. Most of that profit still goes to production companies that dish it out to share holders. I mean we're talking about how people are paid and a bomb doesn't mean they don't get paid unless I'm missing something here.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Pay for your movies. The End.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 11, 2016, 10:54:30 AM
I mean we're talking about how people are paid and a bomb doesn't mean they don't get paid unless I'm missing something here.
... no, we're talking about how pirating movies affects bottom line which affects future business prospects for filmmakers. We're not talking about sequels or craft services.

Yes, they've already been paid. They might not get paid again. That's the issue.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Pirating does take a bite but I honestly don't think it is the problem that it once was. I don't know all that many people who pirate movies anymore. I mean sure, broke college kids do and lots of people do but once they get out in the real world it's easier to appreciate the work done to make a movie. Also there's so many streaming services now. It's just so easy to buy an entire tv series for 30 bucks now days. The industry took too long to offer streaming movies and hell are the reason for pirating. No, I don't support that 2 weeks out movie thing being discussed in the other thread.

Still we don't get refunds for wasting money on a shitty movie... and most studios pay next to nothing in taxes.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2016, 11:55:50 AM
Yes, they've already been paid. They might not get paid again. That's the issue.
Yea and an asteroid might hit us tomorrow right? You're too much doom and gloom. This reminds me of the horror Hollywood have over video tape recorders and how that would be the end of movies. Honestly, nothing happened, theaters are still popular and an entire new economy of home movies was spawned. You really need to relax a bit.

What the f**k was this thread about again? Also, there really should be a date on the thread, every time I see it I'm thinking we're going to get new pics... of which none of us are paying for... double standard much. I mean if some one leaks footage are we not going to show it? Oh but that's alright? haha just piling it on since I have nothing better to do tonight.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 11, 2016, 12:05:51 PM
Yea and an asteroid might hit us tomorrow right? You're too much doom and gloom.
Tell that to people like Lynch who can't get movies made because the budgets he works in aren't worth the risk any more. This isn't me being pessimistic, this is the state of the industry. It's well documented.

KillCrites

KillCrites

How'd this turn into a discussion about movie piracy?  ???

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Serpent/Slayer on Dec 11, 2016, 02:07:54 PM
How'd this turn into a discussion about movie piracy?  ???

It all began with Fox's request to remove the leaked photos.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed