More Leaked Set Photos!

Started by 333zzz, Dec 09, 2016, 01:54:21 AM

Author
More Leaked Set Photos! (Read 47,911 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're still up on the Imgur album.

SiL

SiL

No, dude. Downloading a film you've in no way earned or paid for is illegal.

windebieste

windebieste

If you copy the movie (video game) and watch it without payment, the owner of that movie receives no income for their effort.

You can turn the situation around very easily and see it from a different perspective. 

Go make your own movie.  Just think of how much is owed to you when someone says "Yeah. I downloaded it without paying."  When you've made the effort and expect to be paid for it, you'll understand a lot more when it's your own pocket that isn't being rewarded.

Then go multiply that amount by 1000... or more.   See how much you're really missing out because other people think you stuff is 'free', when it isn't.

Everybody likes to be paid for their effort.  Movie makers are no different.

Hope that helps.

-Windebieste.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Leaked picture of "terraforming bay", where the Covenant crew kept its heavy machinery, reminds me of this:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 10, 2016, 08:24:29 AM
If you copy the movie (video game) and watch it without payment, the owner of that movie receives no income for their effort.

You can turn the situation around very easily and see it from a different perspective. 

Go make your own movie.  Just think of how much is owed to you when someone says "Yeah. I downloaded it without paying."  When you've made the effort and expect to be paid for it, you'll understand a lot more when it's your own pocket that isn't being rewarded.

Then go multiply that amount by 1000... or more.   See how much you're really missing out because other people think you stuff is 'free', when it isn't.

Hope that helps.

-Windebieste.
Shit, least of all, even if you buy the dvd/bluray you don't actually own the physical copy of the movie. All you pay for is a license to play the content that's on the disc. Which can be revoked. Still the amount of hate I have towards the entertainment industry for creating unskippable trailers/commercials... is still damn strong till this day. So much so that although I buy movies I rarely ever open the damn things out of a primal fear of unskippable trailers.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 10, 2016, 11:37:39 AM

Hope that helps.

-Windebieste.
Shit, least of all, even if you buy the dvd/bluray you don't actually own the physical copy of the movie. All you pay for is a license to play the content that's on the disc. Which can be revoked. Still the amount of hate I have towards the entertainment industry for creating unskippable trailers/commercials... is still damn strong till this day. So much so that although I buy movies I rarely ever open the damn things out of a primal fear of unskippable trailers.

Can't you just fast-forward or click the skip button? I've never had this problem because I combine the two methods.

I always click "skip" first and if it can't skip then I try the fast-forward button and that one usually works. Most of the stuff that can't be skipped (like the copyright wall of text etc) don't even last that long.

Maybe things are run differently where you're at. I mainly watch DVDs on my laptop or PS3.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 10, 2016, 12:42:44 PM

Hope that helps.

-Windebieste.

Can't you just fast-forward or click the skip button? I've never had this problem because I combine the two methods.

I always click "skip" first and if it can't skip then I try the fast-forward button and that one usually works. Most of the stuff that can't be skipped (like the copyright wall of text etc) don't even last that long.

Maybe things are run differently where you're at. I mainly watch DVDs on my laptop or PS3.
There was a time, late 90's to mid 2000's where many dvd's you bought from the store had no way to skip or FF to the main menu without watching the trailers and ads. It's one thing with a rental but there is no f**king way I'm sitting through all of that to watch a movie I paid for. You can still find those types of discs in bargain bin dvd piles. Actually just recently we wanted to watch oblivion, a movie from 2013 and it had that damn unskippable bullshit. Thought it was the player, tried another, well you get the point, it was a head ache and 30 minutes later it became obvious what was going on.

Another thing I hate is that other countries get the f**king movie before I can. Globalization my ass... :P

btw: talk about going off-topic...

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 10, 2016, 01:02:53 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 10, 2016, 12:42:44 PM

Hope that helps.

-Windebieste.

There was a time, late 90's to mid 2000's where many dvd's you bought from the store had no way to skip or FF to the main menu without watching the trailers and ads. It's one thing with a rental but there is no f**king way I'm sitting through all of that to watch a movie I paid for. You can still find those types of discs in bargain bin dvd piles. Actually just recently we wanted to watch oblivion, a movie from 2013 and it had that damn unskippable bullshit. Thought it was the player, tried another, well you get the point, it was a head ache and 30 minutes later it became obvious what was going on.

Another thing I hate is that other countries get the f**king movie before I can. Globalization my ass... :P

btw: talk about going off-topic...

Damn, I didn't even know that happened with DVDs. I thought it was a VHS thing where you had to fast forward through all them ads.

But yeah, back on topic.  :P

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Considering that (In Hollywood at least) it is the Insurance Broker, it's not like giving them money make you a saint especially when that guy loves to speculates on copyrights.
Just like paying a bank ::) kind of a paradox.

Everyone else got paid according to their contract, even the Producers and Directors, what they earn through the rights are just candies that drop every year  :D
(Of course some director/producer prefer a lower salary and more % on the rights, this has to be discussed when creating each contract).

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Le Celticant on Dec 10, 2016, 02:43:59 PM

Considering that (In Hollywood at least) it is the Insurance Broker, it's not like giving them money make you a saint especially when that guy loves to speculates on copyrights.
Just like paying a bank ::) kind of a paradox.

Everyone else got paid according to their contract, even the Producers and Directors, what they earn through the rights are just candies that drop every year  :D
(Of course some director/producer prefer a lower salary and more % on the rights, this has to be discussed when creating each contract).

True, it all depends on the contract as well. I remember my friend telling me how he knew someone who wrote novels, and she went through two choices when discussing her contract.

On one choice, she could get paid a lot of money in one go for her novel to be published, and then leave it at that.

Or, she could get paid really low and then gradually gain income as each book is sold. I guess it's the second one where her income would suffer a heavy blow due to piracy of a novel not in the first one where she would've been paid anyway (around £4,000 if I remember correctly.)

I have no experience with this stuff, it's just what I heard him tell me about what she told him. Movie contracts may be different compared to novel contracts as well but he told me actors have these choices too. What you said just reminded me of that example so I thought I'd share what I heard.

Maybe an actual author on here might know more from personal experience.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 10, 2016, 11:09:09 AM
Leaked picture of "terraforming bay", where the Covenant crew kept its heavy machinery, reminds me of this:

It does doesn't it, looks great!

That truck reminds me of those huge mining trucks:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 10, 2016, 04:27:06 PM

Yeah. You can feel Alien retro vibe (battered and ominous). Old-school comparing to what we have in Prometheus. Gonna watch Alien tonight :)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 10, 2016, 04:27:06 PM

Yep, I'm really loving the angle they are going with this. The grounded sci fi approach in this franchise is some of the best things of this franchise for me.

SiL

SiL

the amount of hate I have towards the entertainment industry for creating unskippable trailers/commercials... is still damn strong till this day. So much so that although I buy movies I rarely ever open the damn things out of a primal fear of unskippable trailers.
I haven't seen an unskippable trailer in many years.

Except if the film doesn't return enough money those people who made it are deemed failures and don't get further work. Whether the filmmakers get their royalties isn't the issue.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Looks as if the sweaty little babymorph is a boy...

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 09, 2016, 05:29:42 PM
Ripley broke the neck of the alien queen in Alien 3 when it was newborn.

No, she cradled it to her chest as they both descended into the inferno.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed