The Dream Thread

Started by Necrokult, Sep 05, 2010, 08:34:28 AM

Author
The Dream Thread (Read 85,085 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 05, 2020, 08:43:56 PM
There were all kinds. But they were bigger, and more energetic.

The one that came to me was 4 and 1/2 feet long, had light tan fur that was short as velvet, and kept his pointy ears folded against his back the whole time. I massaged his forehead while he sniffed at me. Then he thumped once or twice while sniffing the ground, and hopped up a ramp to the second floor. There was a giant milk colored lop with brown spots in the corner looking around and eating it's own poo. The rest lounged around on the upper floors.

You literally could've snugged down in their double chins. I wish you could've seen em'.

Females usually have the dewlap to cover their babies and keep them warm. If it's too large to the point where they look like they'll trip over it when they walk, that's typically the sign of a problem.

The poo-eating is something they do to re-absorb nutrients. Hamsters, guinea pigs, and chinchillas do it, too.

They thump when they're scared or nervous.

Huggs

Huggs

I know. That's why I had them doing it. May as well keep it looking authentic.

But I promise those were some very safe/happy thumps, and healthy/comfortable chins. Benefits of a dream is I get to bend the rules in positive ways.

Huggs

Huggs

I was part of a small group trying to survive on a base similar to Hadleys Hope, except it was deep in the jungle on earth. It was getting dark and a lot of people had died already. Place was turning into a ghost town. I and two others made it to this one building, trying to get the power back on until the air evac could get there. The place was far too damaged, and we decided to leave. One guy couldn't take the idea of going back out in the open, so he curled up in a corner under some computers. I told him he'd die if he stayed, but he was scared to the point of being threatening, so I had to leave him.

Small neomorphs were setting traps for people. I tried to stop one guy from falling for it, but he wandered into the light and was taken. We finally made it to the evacuation sight as the wind was starting to pick up. Once we were a few miles away, we opened the door of the chopper and watched the place burn.

After spending a few months back at home, I was sent to an unknown metropolitan area with about 6 other people to some kind of hostile activity. I was with some other guy by the truck getting my gear on, when a few of the others wandered up and said two of us had been taken, and that the threat was some kind of paranormal entity. When asked if any of us could remember how we made it back to the truck, none of of us could. We never found our missing teammates, and we were put through the wringer by whatever that thing was that we were hunting. Three of us survived.

Back at the truck, we were exhausted and visibly upset. I was taking my gear off when I noticed some lights off in the distance. I walked away from the vehicle and asked what it was. The other guy I was with said it was some large scale reenactment that had just come to an end. After a moment it had us all transfixed. We made our way across some fields and found a large highway down below us. It was brand new, but was sealed off and silent. It had large walls on each side that obscured our vision. We jumped down and walked along it for miles into a large valley. Eventually, we rounded the last corner and saw what the deal was.

As morning came on, we walked through destruction. Large machines were busy pulling down the broken facades of buildings. The sound of it was immense. Thousands of workers were walking all over the place cleaning things up. I stumbled around the next corner and there they were. Two perfect replicas of the twin towers, still standing, and still burning. We just stared for awhile. I saw some guys taking a break in a restaurant that had been blasted apart, and we joined them. The foreman was a cool dude. He wasn't happy about it, but work was work.

I sat on a piece of concrete rubble and drank some water. I tried to open a can of peaches but just spilled them everywhere. I tried it again, with the same result. I couldn't help but laugh. We listened to the sounds of work and fire for awhile. Eventually, I asked him, "so are they coming down?" He shook his head and said, "No. People want to see this sh*t but it's not cost effective to destroy them every time, so they're modular. Empty on the inside, and lighter, but we can snap em' together by floors of ten or twenty. Unpack em and stack em. The pyro guys do their thing and...Instant history".

"Seems kinda sick" I said. He nodded. "So your packin up and headin' out?". He'd nodded again. "Well, you guys will be at it for awhile", I said as I kicked the can of peaches away. "Good luck to ya. Thanks for the h20." I shook his hand and we walked out of the restaurant with the missing front, and stared at the towers one last time. The smoke had been turned off and the holes were wide open. We watched for a few more seconds and then turned and walked back out of the valley. We walked into a field several miles away, called for a chopper and popped smoke. As we took off, I stared in wonder at the small portion of the city that was replicated in the middle of that beautiful valley. And flew away towards something else.

Trioxin

Trioxin

People say you can't die in dreams but I died in my dream last night and spectrally attended my own funeral.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 08, 2020, 03:59:49 AM
People say you can't die in dreams but I died in my dream last night and spectrally attended my own funeral.

Yes, you can die in dreams. I've died once, due to lightning strike.

Huggs

Huggs

Dreamed my area was being evacuated because some nutbag had planted a small nuke somewhere nearby. There were not yet enough military and law enforcement personnel on the scene to find it before it would go off. I was one of several locals conscripted to help search one of the last few locations, some underground industrial area. I was given 10 minutes to say goodbye to my family, which was difficult.

The sun went down as I climbed on the truck and was driven away from my screaming loved ones. Some official looking guy told me that I would be partnered up with some local woman I didn't know, and that it was likely the radiation would kill us both before we found the device. But we had barely an hour left and it had to be done. I climbed off the truck as the sun set, and walked down into the dark.

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Huggs

Dreamed I was watching the new Bad Boys movie. Martin Lawrence had screwed something up and Will Smith was going to make him wear some ridiculous wig as a punishment.

"Aw, C'mon Mike"

"Take it!"

"Mike no!"

"Oh, so you gonna cry now? That's what you gonna do?"

"Mike please!"

"It ain't my shame. I didn't do that sh*t"

"I'm sorry!"

*Mike forces the wig onto a weeping Martin*

*Martin grabs at the wig dramatically, and falls to the ground*

"Why you gotta do me like that! Why you gotta do me like that!"

"You done it...to your damn self"

*Mike steps over martin, who lays on the ground quietly repeating "Ride or die. Ride or die" *

Huggs

Huggs

Huggs

Huggs

After hours of wandering the city and the countryside in darkness and rain, I finally made it to this little strip mall. As I rounded the corner, I saw an old and much beloved friend of mine. I stopped cold, then ran right for her. It took her a second to recognize me, but we grabbed hold of each other and were laughing like crazy. I thought she was going to squeeze me to death, but I was so happy that I didn't care. I managed to say, "I never thought I'd see you again!"  She said the same back to me.

As our grips kept tightening, another old friend of mine (and one I loved dearly) saw us and came running. I picked her up with my left arm and kissed her as hard as I could, then set her down and wrapped my left arm around her, holding her close. No sooner had I pressed my forehead back against the one in front, then I was hit from behind and felt two arms wrap around my chest. I knew who it was by her voice. I laughed and yelled her name, and stretched a hand down to lay across hers for a moment. I leaned my head back and felt her hair against mine.

Then the others came, one by one. Running up from different directions. Slamming into the back, the sides, the corners. I reached over the others to grab shoulders and hands, welcoming back the ones I loved. And the circle grew bigger, until at last, we were all together again. A mass of pure and unbridled friendship and love. We screamed at the sheer pleasure of just holding each other once more.

Then out of nowhere, an old man wandered up, looking pitiful. He seemed old and alone, and I did not know him, but I reached out and grabbed him anyway, so he wouldn't fall. And after awhile, we'd finally absorbed everything we could from each other, and everything that could be said and felt had been.

And I watched my friends go their ways. Except for the one I loved dearly, who led me to a small diner nearby, where I found my family, including all the ones who are gone. I kissed and hugged them all like crazy, and took my old seat at the head of the table. I held my cousins child, and looked out over my family. My world was returned to me, and I'd never been so happy in all my life.

And then I woke up.

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Huggs

Had another good dream. That's the second one in a week.

Far out.

Huggs

Huggs

Can't remember the specifics now, but I know it was quite positive.

Huggs

Huggs

So, I saved this little bunny. Then I laid down to take a nap, and when I woke up, there were like 7 more. How that was possible considering I only started with one in the dream, I don't know. I was so confused by it that I just went back to sleep and did one of those things where you blink and it's been 2 hours. And of course, there were even more bunnies.

So I walked across the room and a couple of guinea pigs flew past "weeking" like crazy, and that freaked me out. I went to sit in this recliner that popped up out of nowhere, and this little chicken was standing on my head looking down at me. My eyes had just snapped upward to look at the chick, when the bunny I originally saved jumped up on my chest and started looking around. I slowly looked around the room and saw hay and pee everywhere as horror music started to play. I shoved my way towards the door as the bunnies kept replicating immensely fast. It was like rising water.

I stepped in some poop and lunged for the doorknob, and that was it.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

"The bunnies! They're coming outta the Goddamn walls!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed