Predator: Hunting Grounds @ EGX

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 03, 2019, 12:26:20 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds @ EGX (Read 4,225 times)

Corporal Hicks

As I hoped Hunting Grounds is going to be at EGX this month. Planning on heading down to get my mitts on the game.

Kailem

Kailem

Are you planning on trying to record any footage by any chance? Don't forget to ask any devs/reps that might be there the hard questions! We need to know precisely how much XP we'll need to unlock our Jungle Hunter skins and Smart Disc! :D

For real though, that's very cool. Hopefully you'll be able to get a decent amount of time with it and get to see some new stuff we've not heard about before.

Samhain13

Samhain13

As soon as they see the AVPGalaxy shirt, Hicks is getting the VIP treatment.

We will get exclusive info before anyone else.

Corporal Hicks

Pft. Doubt there's going to be anything new learned. I did get my ticket through so am all good to go.

Voodoo Magic

Push that City Map DLC Hicks!

Corporal Hicks

I went yesterday. Spent most of the day in the Hunting Grounds container chatting to the Sony reps, watching people play, played 3 games myself. Gonna get a write-up and a video done. In short, I really enjoyed everything I saw and experienced. Really eager to play more.

Kailem

Kailem

Nice, looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Especially how you felt about some of the gameplay specifics, like whether or not the timer feels restrictive and how long it takes before you can respawn your teammates when playing as the fire team.

Corporal Hicks

Not seeing many impressions on Twitter, but the buzz from inside the container was pretty good.

Voodoo Magic

Looks like an album cover.  :laugh:

Coming soon.. Mandy Bull and the Predettes!

SuperiorIronman

Can I just say that whoever that is with the Yellow bio-mask made a good choice in helmets. That helmet looks real nice.

Corporal Hicks

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Bummer.

They still have some time to fix it though.

Corporal Hicks

As I understand it, the pre-Alpha version being used for the demos has been moved on from quite a lot. The build has progressed somewhat from this. I agree in regards to the enemy AI, but I can't say I noticed any frame rate issues.

Voodoo Magic

I'm not too worried about it. One lukewarm response among many positives so far? And they didn't even play as the Predator.

Factor in this game doesn't come out before the prequel novel I'm betting, which comes out May 2020 if I remember correctly, so Hunting Grounds is far from a finished product. :)

Kailem

Kailem

There was certainly some instances of janky framerate in the gameplay trailer, which seems like an odd decision to go with that footage, but otherwise I don't think it's too fair to judge something like that when you're talking about a pre-alpha build that's not even due out until next year. From what I understand optimisation is one of the last things that gets done in video game development, so it possibly having a not-so-great framerate at this point in time isn't really anything out of the ordinary.

The simplicity of the objectives could go either way as far as being a good or bad thing. Variety is always good, though if they're pretty much all just going to be variations of "go here and hold X for three seconds" then it might end up not really mattering. But on the other hand there are plenty of successful multiplayer games where the objectives for one team or the other are very simple and they're still fun to play, so I feel like that could be something that we only really discover after having the game in our hands for a while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed