Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,703 times)

Engineer

I concur

New team

[cancerblack]

Who would you pick, if you could pick anyone?

I'd go for adaptations of the Alex White novels (even though I can't deal with his prose, the ideas themselves are truly brilliant).

Illustrated by 1990's era John Blanche.

Engineer

James Stokoe and/or Tristan Jones

Those would be my top two picks...

Kradan

Kradan

Tristan would be great. I would prefer some original stuff (for example, some of Tristan's ideas) over White's work adaptations. His books are great as they are and I can't really see much gain in adding visualisation element to them

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 06, 2021, 04:00:11 AM
Tristan would be great. I would prefer some original stuff (for example, some of Tristan's ideas) over White's work adaptations. His books are great as they are and I can't really see much gain in adding visualisation element to them

It's an extremely selfish take from me, because I can't stand reading them but really want to experience them in some way other than second hand tl;dr's.

judge death

judge death

New team I would chose in a instant.
Johnsson get fundemental stuff wrong and jumps the shark several times and is focusing for some reason on keep making new lines of xenos to all cost, plus the writing and dialog is horrible. Plus how he treats fans and ignores the art problems and says: do better tracing art yourself. No he has to go.

The tracing copycat artist: should be fired from making comics at all.

For writing I would go with white or Jim Woodring or Mark Verheiden, or maybe outside with John wagner.
For art: tristian jones or one of the dark horse artists from earth war series or thicker than blood or outside: Greg Staples from 2000AD or Nick percival.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 06, 2021, 06:31:35 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 06, 2021, 04:00:11 AM

It's an extremely selfish take from me, because I can't stand reading them but really want to experience them in some way other than second hand tl;dr's.

Oh I see

Why can't you stand reading them ? Is it White's style specifically or you just don't read books in general ? I'm genuinely curious

Nukiemorph

So the prospect of a chicken alien hasn't won any of you over?  :P

judge death

Good luck as their mouths are too small for the facehugger to even implant its embryo in them :P

Kradan

Kradan

Chicken Aliens give me strong Eric Red's draft vibes. Which is, you know, not exactly a good thing

426Buddy

Nice cover art tho

BlueMarsalis79

Just reminding everyone again Alex White goes by they/them.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 06, 2021, 06:51:29 PM
Oh I see

Why can't you stand reading them ? Is it White's style specifically or you just don't read books in general ? I'm genuinely curious

It's the style. I've tried reading and the audiobook version and it just feels like an absolute chore (although still a lot better than most Alien licensed fiction tbf).

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 06, 2021, 07:36:36 PM
Just reminding everyone again Alex White goes by they/them.

My bad.

TilotnyWorshiper28

fine if we had to have a new team attest lets pick from people currently writing at marvel as thats mostly who they'd pick .   I'd go Daniel Warren Johnson for both writer and artist or Alyssa Wong for writer I like her doctor aphra run and she made agony interesting in extreme carnage .  I don't know the who id pick for an artist with her

Engineer

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Oct 06, 2021, 07:43:01 PM
fine if we had to have a new team attest lets pick from people currently writing at marvel as thats mostly who they'd pick .   I'd go Daniel Warren Johnson for both writer and artist or Alyssa Wong for writer I like her doctor aphra run and she made agony interesting in extreme carnage .  I don't know the who id pick for an artist with her

I'd still pick James Stokoe; he's worked for marvel before, as well as made one of the best alien comic series to date (writer and artist for "dead orbit").

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed