Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,578 times)

SM

SM

Or those rifles - which sounded different - had different ammo in them.

Chris P

I think 1 shot to the center of the head should take a xeno down not 10. That'd be a damn difficult xeno to kill. I like the aspects from AvP where if you shot an Alien's legs off, it would keep crawling after you. I hope they do the same with CM, but speed up their crawling a bit. In AvP it was too easy to just back up and finish them off.

So, I think this is how the ratio should go: 1 head shot = game over | 10 shots in limbs = wasted to crawling | 15 shots in the body region = game over.

But like how Chris said earlier, I want it to be difficult to make all those shots. The Aliens should be super agile, and hard to track, in any light.

I'm confident Gearbox won't fail us.

SM

SM

One head shot from Johner = game over.

Everyone else needs a few more.  :)

alanwu1233

Quote from: Chris P on Oct 24, 2011, 01:41:20 AM
I think 1 shot to the center of the head should take a xeno down not 10. That'd be a damn difficult xeno to kill. I like the aspects from AvP where if you shot an Alien's legs off, it would keep crawling after you. I hope they do the same with CM, but speed up their crawling a bit. In AvP it was too easy to just back up and finish them off.

So, I think this is how the ratio should go: 1 head shot = game over | 10 shots in limbs = wasted to crawling | 15 shots in the body region = game over.

But like how Chris said earlier, I want it to be difficult to make all those shots. The Aliens should be super agile, and hard to track, in any light.

I'm confident Gearbox won't fail us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qtEsweD4Ao&feature=related

This video said it all

Chris!(($$))!

But we can't really count any of the Xeno biology from Alien: Resurrection with the other three films since those Xenos are all messed up because of the cloning.

SM

SM

People make way too much out of the "cloning messed everything up" thing.  It hardly missed anything up beyond the Queen.  Aliens are still big scary aggressive monsters, born from human hosts and facehuggers and bleed acid.

Unlike that garbage in AvP:Poo...

Chris P

Yeah, I agree with SM. The Aliens in Rez were still hard to kill. That one scene where one got shot in the head and then exploded, I think anything being shot at that range would've reacted the same way.

One thing I don't like is the Marine's ability to "kick" an Alien off of him or like in AvP where a Marine could "Block" an incoming Alien assault. Not realistic if we go by the film canon.

Now, if Gearbox add a feature that allows an Alien to knock your gun out of your hand and you have to scramble to regain it or cycle through for your backup to save yourself, that would be a neat feature that has yet to be done with these games. Cause, the Alien is all about surprise, so I think less Aliens would be better, and have those few Aliens literally come out of nowhere and make your life hell. The reality is that you could not just walk backwards shooting at an Alien as it jumps around in front of you and just takes it. You want them to snatch you up out from the walls, the floors, the ceilings and if they are coming at you from the front, they lunge at you with claws extended and teath bearing.

THAT is what Colonial Marines should all be about. The horror which made ALIEN and ALIENS so damn scary.

Nutlink

Quote from: Chris P on Oct 24, 2011, 11:39:24 PM
One thing I don't like is the Marine's ability to "kick" an Alien off of him or like in AvP where a Marine could "Block" an incoming Alien assault. Not realistic if we go by the film canon.
Not that I like the idea, but that's not entirely untrue.  Vasquez pinned one down while pumping several rounds into it's head in the vents, so it's not like they can completely shrug off human strength.

chupacabras acheronsis

Now, if Gearbox add a feature that allows an Alien to knock your gun out of your hand and you have to scramble to regain it or cycle through for your backup to save yourself, that would be a neat feature that has yet to be done with these games.

in STALKER, monsters like snorks and burers can knock the gun out of your hands. being shot in the arms does the same.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Nutlink on Oct 24, 2011, 11:42:27 PM
Not that I like the idea, but that's not entirely untrue.  Vasquez pinned one down while pumping several rounds into it's head in the vents, so it's not like they can completely shrug off human strength.
To be fair, she pinned it down after she already put a few rounds in it and she had a small space to maximize her leg strength by bracing her back and other foot against the tunnel walls.

Chris P

Quote from: Nutlink on Oct 24, 2011, 11:42:27 PM

True, but it also took 3 (if I remember correctly) to just close to the side door of the APC when one Alien was holding it open. So, in terms of strength ratio, they shouldn't make the Aliens seem "weak". That's ultimately what I meant.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 24, 2011, 11:45:20 PM
in STALKER, monsters like snorks and burers can knock the gun out of your hands. being shot in the arms does the same.

By "These Games" I meanth Aliens/Predator games, but I didn't know that. I haven't played STALKER, but yes, that's the idea I'd like to see in Aliens CM (and any future AvP sequels).

Bio Mech Hunter

As far as strength goes, what we've seen the Alien Warriors do in the films is ridiculously amazing. I don't understand how some people can watch the Alien movies and walk away without realizing what the hell they just witnessed.

Technically speaking based on what's been shown in the films, when it comes to sheer brute strength the Alien outclasses even the Predator. Typical AVP media (comics, games, etc.) usually portray the exact opposite, though. Along with their size.

SM

SM

QuoteAs far as strength goes, what we've seen the Alien Warriors do in the films is ridiculously amazing.

Quite.  There's three marines who are able to put their weight behind them, trying to close the APC hatch against one Alien which can't put it's weight behind it.

Cap. Fitzgerald

And the Alien nearly won that little grudge match before it got shot in the face and delivered a dying f**k you to hudson in the form of acid.
I hope Gearbox makes the acid... dangerous.
Im tired of the acid being nothing but a minor inconvenience in the games.

SM

SM

I don't recall if having any affect in Infestation at all.

(For which I was quite thankful on occasion - if the acid in the game was the slightest bit realistic, the ship would've been breached several dozen times times...)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed