Neill Blomkamp: "I think [Alien 5] is totally dead"

Started by Darkness, Jun 03, 2017, 04:34:16 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: "I think [Alien 5] is totally dead" (Read 48,662 times)

SM

It's just as silly to assume it had a bad one.

newagescamartist

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2017, 10:39:25 PM
It's just as silly to assume it had a bad one.

I'm not assuming anything. Here's what we know: The project is most likely dead.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2017, 10:13:15 PM
Projects can be 'dead' for years before they ultimately materialise.

The original script based on the comic for AvP was successfully pitched in 1991 and the final film didn't eventuate until 2004.

The only difference is that in this case, this one relies on having Ripley, Hicks and Newt. If it stays 'dead' for too long, these actors may not be able to reprise their roles given their advanced age.

However, Blomkamp or someone else could always go back to his previous ideas that didn't feature these characters or have a new idea for the story.

ESPILFIRE

ESPILFIRE

Obviously is dead... and we have good luck if A:C2 have "light green" by Fox.

PD: ¡Hala Madrid!

newagescamartist

The original script based on the comic for AvP was successfully pitched in 1991 and the final film didn't eventuate until 2004.

Weaver isn't getting any younger, but yes, the story could materialize in the future. Will Weaver be in any state to do the role as it's written right now? Who knows? We don't know anything about the story.

DaddyYautja

well, this has been known for a while but i guess we now have more proof of it being dead.

Now we are going to have to suffer through Scott's the Tale of David.

iceman

Unbelievable...Imo , Alien Covenant was lackluster ..I was disappointed by it and felt it was just too much emphasis on the killer psychotic android storyline, did nothing to explain the engineers and felt disjointed ..I think Neill Blomkamp could of produced a far better thrilling alien film.

PRJ_since1990

I want this project to come to fruition. I really don't care about the Prometheus movies. I've never thought of the Alien series as "Ridley Scotts' franchise" and it truly isn't. He does not own the rights to the characters/stories, those belong to 20th Century Fox. He only directed 1 film until 2012, not like he was involved in every movie.

For Pete's sake, just do the film before the actors and actresses die! Then ANY chance of this movie being made will be dead, for sake of consistency. If it sucks, so be it. Didn't the majority want a second AvP film? We didn't know how awful it would be til afterwards. However, if Cameron, Weaver AND Scott all seemed to like the movie script, isn't that saying something from the people that brought these characters to life?

windebieste

I still think elements of Blomkamp's proposal will make it into one of the next prequel movies.

I also believe Blomkamp could eventually get to make an 'ALIEN' movie - maybe even bring a revised version of his proposal to the Project.  I'm sure it would fit into the New canon - it will just be with new characters.

I am so glad there's not going to be a retcon.  Respect the dead, I say.  Ripley, Hicks and Newt should be remembered for the value they gave this series and not be recycled as inferior versions of their previous selves.  Enough of that has taken place in this series already without having to subject important characters to the same detestable fate.

-Windebieste.

Vrastal

dont want a spiderman epidemic

SM

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jun 03, 2017, 10:49:15 PM

The only difference is that in this case, this one relies on having Ripley, Hicks and Newt. If it stays 'dead' for too long, these actors may not be able to reprise their roles given their advanced age.

However, Blomkamp or someone else could always go back to his previous ideas that didn't feature these characters or have a new idea for the story.

Via de-aging, recasting, or the having the actors play their age - anything can happen.

PierreVW

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 03, 2017, 11:26:12 PM
I still think elements of Blomkamp's proposal will make it into one of the next prequel movies.

I also believe Blomkamp could eventually get to make an 'ALIEN' movie - maybe even bring a revised version of his proposal to the Project.  I'm sure it would fit into the New canon - it will just be with new characters.

I am so glad there's not going to be a retcon.  Respect the dead, I say.  Ripley, Hicks and Newt should be remembered for the value they gave this series and not be recycled as inferior versions of their previous selves.  Enough of that has taken place in this series already without having to subject important characters to the same detestable fate.

-Windebieste.

I agree 100%.

Sir Ridley Scott is a business-man. Probably Sir Ridley Scott is Directing ALIEN 5.

FOX DOESN'T have faith in Blomkamp.

Kel G 426

Neill Blomkamp: "I think [Alien 5] is totally dead"

There's still a chance!

Adam802

damn it, Ridley........*sigh.    Prometheus and Covenant are both terrible Alien movies. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Adam802 on Jun 04, 2017, 01:19:42 AM
damn it, Ridley........*sigh.    Prometheus and Covenant are both terrible Alien movies.

A stupid retcon would've been worse by definition.

Also, as much as I find A:C to be lacking, it sure gave this franchise a well-deserved vitamin shot, opening up for new possibilities as angles concerning the Alien as well as the universe it inhabits. We needed something fresh, a twist - not incestuous nercophilia.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed