How about an Alien 3 based video game developed by Creative Assembly?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 02, 2018, 02:27:52 PM

Author
How about an Alien 3 based video game developed by Creative Assembly? (Read 5,022 times)

LastSurvivor92

I mean what do you guys think of this idea?

I very much consider something along the lines of a dreary, creepy and violent backdrop of Alien 3 incorporated by a very low use of weapons and close quarters combat with the Xenomorph. Being character driver throughout the monologue of the script would be CRUCIAL, considering the tension and drama between all the inmates and Ripley in the film. With tunnels upon tunnels to only hide from the xeno, ruunning endlessly until the user has no other choice but to face the beast...woah! that would be pretty intense. Inside of just getting INSTANTLY killed once the xeno finds you, you could combat the Alien with the miniscule weapons at your disposable just like the film. Composing a dramatic yet eerie and foreboding score that embodies some of the sounds and tones of the origial film from Alien 3 would help in my opinion.

Creative Assembly has all the creativity in the world to create such an atmospheric/Fincheresque adaption from the film that it should seriously be a consideration on their part.

What's your take on this?

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, it would be great IMO if they took inspiration from A3 and elements from the other entries in the franchise for a sequel- were they ever to make one.

SM

Not enough of an audience.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2018, 10:04:07 PM
Not enough of an audience.

I think there is, just not for Sega.

I'm sure lots would pick up an Isolation sequel on that basis alone, it would be great if environmentally it could expand to including elements of the other films in the series beyond 1979.

SM

If Isolation, a well received game based on a very popular film can't crack it in the sales department, I don't imagine a game based on a much less popular film will.

Local Trouble

I liked the 16-bit Alien 3 games, but that's probably because they were action-packed shooters that bore little resemblance to the film on which they were based.

SM

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2018, 05:14:47 AM
If Isolation, a well received game based on a very popular film can't crack it in the sales department, I don't imagine a game based on a much less popular film will.

It did do extremely well for a title of it's nature though, Sega's expectations were simply unreasonable.
I don't think basing it overtly on A3 would be a good idea, at least from a marketing standpoint.
But it would be nice to see and hear more of it's influence in expanded media.

Corporal Hicks

I remember Gary Napper saying he'd like to do something like a DLC based on A3. It's a shame that never materialised.

OpenMaw

I don't know. I think an Alien 3 game would probably be better suited to a tactical strategy game.

25 prisoners, one alien. your living bodies are your resource. You have to find a means in the environment to contain or kill the alien.

Torches, flares, hand to hand weapons (using these against the aliens will either not be particularly effective, result in the death of the prisoner due to acid splash, and/or cause the alien to temporarily retreat.)

SM

Board game.

I'm game.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2018, 10:30:22 PM
Board game.

I'm game.

That's one way you could take it, yeah.

Alien lends itself to survival horror and a slower paced adventure.

Aliens is good for action and strategy.

Alien 3 would have to be a mixture of the first's former and the second's latter.

426Buddy

I would love to have seen an alien3 expansion for Isolation. I think it would be great to get chased around the tunnels by the runner alien. Also seeing CAs design for that creature would have been quite a treat.

Huggs

Huggs

I'd like to see them bring us something new again, but alittle darker this time. Preferably on the surface, such as in Aliens or Alien 3. Keep the basic play style, but instead of an lv-426 chapter, have them do a combat style chapter. Where all of a sudden you get to be a colonial marine or private contractor that was involved in some prior event. You'd have to adjust to new mechanics rather quickly, as you find yourself fighting for your life and under siege. It would allow us to have that proper colonial marines experience, without needing to pitch an entire game of it. And I've no doubt that C.A. could do it right. I'd love a last stand moment where all that firepower can't save you, then immediately being back as an unarmed survivor. Advancing through a destroyed area knowing that's where so and so died, and that's where SGT. such and such blasted a xenomorph.

OpenMaw

It wouldn't take too much to shift Alien Isolation's gameplay towards Resident Evil VII gameplay to have a proper "Aliens" experience, where resource management and smart tactical decisions will give you better results. For example, you might find yourself engaging several stompy-ised ALIENS type warriors, maybe a half dozen of them. You've only got one magazine for your Pulse Rifle. You can exhaust a huge chunk of your ammo to deal with the aliens, or you can back out of the room and seal it off, and buy yourself the precious minutes to try and find another way around. Meanwhile the warriors will make for nearby vents and try to come around the sealed door. Motion Tracker will reveal multiple blips approaching from all sides. You could pull an Amanda and hide in a locker, but a pack of aliens on the hunt increases the chances that you get snagged. You can make for the vents, but that'll eliminate your ability to maneuver entirely... etc... etc...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed