Predator Movie Filming February 2017

Started by Darkness, Oct 25, 2016, 07:31:37 PM

Author
Predator Movie Filming February 2017 (Read 32,322 times)

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 26, 2016, 07:11:32 PM
I don't know what Predator fans are so worried about in regards to casting! You've got an A-list bonafide master director in Shane Black helming it. He's always gonna be the real coup. With him you're almost guaranteed a good movie. Just pray it gets to February and he's still on board.

He's the main ingredient, and the movie could be full of nobodies and it'd still be amazing. An A-lister though, for some of us, is just the very nice cherry on top.

Shane Black's inclusion is immensely validating for Predator fans, as he's an A-list filmmaker that sees the potential the franchise has AND is willing to step up to the plate to do something about it. Most Predator fans have been conditioned to thinking a Predator movie is MERELY a small, simple movie about 8 people getting knocked off one by one. That's not okay.

It'd just be nice if we had that sort of validation with A-list talent in FRONT of the camera, too. Downey Jr., Paltrow, Crowe, Gosling, all these people trusted Shane Black. It'd just be nice if that sort of caliber of person trusted him when it just so happens to be Predator Part Six.

Morose

I have confidence in Shane Blake. As long as they take their time and write a good script things should be okay. The problem today is that there are so many plot holes in movies (Prometheus). Hopefully they will not make these errors with this film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Oct 26, 2016, 05:27:31 PM
Dammit. I was hoping the cast has been developing over the last few months and kept under wraps.

Either he's lying and they haven't found actors willing to commit or they actually haven't been looking for anyone beyond the lead at this point.

I find that comment a little surprising too. I do have to wonder what else has been going on because according to the interview with Collider they haven't officially even entered pre-production yet. Can't help but wonder what he's been doing or wonder if ADI have been working on the film unofficially in prep?

Another update re: the cast -

QuoteYou know, at some point we might beef up Mr. Holbrook a little bit, give him a physical workout schedule. That's what we all had to do on the first Predator! We had to become a slightly more exaggerated, beefy version of ourselves. It's a shame -- schedules just could not allow us to proceed in any way that met our start date that we insisted on with Benicio. But we do have this wonderful actor! That's the good news.

[Boyd Holbrook] is a guy who is fantastic, and we're gonna beef up the rest of the cast, and make announcements very soon about the members of this team that we're setting up. And it's all people I really want, and want to work with. It's going to be a very exciting cast.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1577960/how-shane-blacks-the-predator-is-adjusting-to-life-without-benicio-del-toro

Whiskeybrewer

I always start to worry when they have a RELEASE date and havent even cast or started Pre-Production

Corporal Hicks

I imagine they'll probably push release back considering how much they've pushed production back.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteYou know, at some point we might beef up Mr. Holbrook a little bit, give him a physical workout schedule. That's what we all had to do on the first Predator! We had to become a slightly more exaggerated, beefy version of ourselves. It's a shame -- schedules just could not allow us to proceed in any way that met our start date that we insisted on with Benicio. But we do have this wonderful actor! That's the good news.

[Boyd Holbrook] is a guy who is fantastic, and we're gonna beef up the rest of the cast, and make announcements very soon about the members of this team that we're setting up. And it's all people I really want, and want to work with. It's going to be a very exciting cast.

Good news all around then. Shane casts very carefully and with them pushing the filming back to feb., Holbrook doesn't look like a last minute solution anymore, he really seems to think he's a great choice for this.

Infected

At first i was sceptic, but hearin Black talk about the crew he wants and the humor and grittyness,
and the gore he can add.
I have more fate in this now or is it faith? :D

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 27, 2016, 08:07:10 AM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Oct 26, 2016, 05:27:31 PM
Dammit. I was hoping the cast has been developing over the last few months and kept under wraps.

Either he's lying and they haven't found actors willing to commit or they actually haven't been looking for anyone beyond the lead at this point.

I find that comment a little surprising too. I do have to wonder what else has been going on because according to the interview with Collider they haven't officially even entered pre-production yet. Can't help but wonder what he's been doing or wonder if ADI have been working on the film unofficially in prep?

He could just be lying (benevolently.) For example, Mark Frost said quite sincerely in interviews throughout 2012-2014 that he had never spoken to David Lynch about doing any new Twin Peaks, and when the new series was actually announced it turned out they'd been planning it since 2011. Sometimes you just have to lie outright to protect whatever's going on behind the scenes, or to avoid disappointing some people if things don't pan out.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 27, 2016, 11:54:27 AM
He could just be lying (benevolently.) For example, Mark Frost said quite sincerely in interviews throughout 2012-2014 that he had never spoken to David Lynch about doing any new Twin Peaks, and when the new series was actually announced it turned out they'd been planning it since 2011. Sometimes you just have to lie outright to protect whatever's going on behind the scenes, or to avoid disappointing some people if things don't pan out.

True. true. It's certainly a possibility. Seems like an odd lie though. I mean, we obviously know he's working on it and they're casting.

LiquidMonster

No Arnold. No deal.  >:(

XENOMORPHOSIS

Here's hoping they get a spot on qualified cast and not D list soap opera level actors  >:(

BishopShouldGo

People will do Terminator Part Four with Mr. Charlie's Angels, or take part in Mad Max Part Four which is not as popular a series, but they won't put their faith in Shane Black. Still can't believe it.

"Ohhhh! Oh my! I might get a disease if I work on a Predator movie! Hollywood might point and laugh at me and I'll be blacklisted oh God! Oh this is awful. Ohhhh I'm gonna ever so faint. Sign me up for War Dogs and The Accountant but please, no, not the dreadlocked alien movie. Anyyyyything but the dreadlocked alien movie! Oh my fragile heart."

SiL

SiL

Oh, shut up. You have no idea why people didn't sign up for it. Del Toro was a scheduling problem. You have no idea why the others actually fell through.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2016, 10:18:02 PMYou have no idea why the others actually fell through.
Has that actually been confirmed by the studio and/or actor reps or was that all rumored by people on twitter claiming they scooped it?

Is there a chance the actors rumored to have been offered the role were never approached to begin with? I'm not familiar with the reliability of some of these scoops so excuse me if I'm missing something.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2016, 10:18:02 PM
Oh, shut up. You have no idea why people didn't sign up for it. Del Toro was a scheduling problem. You have no idea why the others actually fell through.

Grain of salt like always but: apparently it was a hard sell for these actors. And the property is not seen as cool. And it was shocking they even got that far with del Toro.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed