Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 80,069 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 15, 2019, 01:00:06 AM
I don't think you'd even need to reboot wholesale with the franchise, jumping to a different character works since Ripley's story is over by the end of Aliens. If you just consider Alien to Aliens it's workable since you can always have a clutch of eggs pop up in another spot.

You really believe, in your heart of hearts that this is what people will come out in droves to see?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 15, 2019, 01:16:58 AM
If they reboot it they will go their own way.

Disney would see Alien and be like muddaf**kas, think of it with todays SFX and budgets, it'd be legit 1000x more scary.

I think one of the things that makes Alien as scary as it is, is that it's all real and tangible. The space jockey set is real, the alien is an actual guy on screen. There's no cgi, no large scale events, it's all very intimate and real.

I think it was one of those films that was made at exactly the right time, and with exactly the right people and technology.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 15, 2019, 01:27:08 AM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 15, 2019, 01:00:06 AM
I don't think you'd even need to reboot wholesale with the franchise, jumping to a different character works since Ripley's story is over by the end of Aliens. If you just consider Alien to Aliens it's workable since you can always have a clutch of eggs pop up in another spot.

You really believe, in your heart of hearts that this is what people will come out in droves to see?

I don't think people will come out in droves for an Alien movie ever again.

Kimarhi

They could still go with practical effects for the Alien, but all the space shots and shit could be cgi.

Full ninja alien hopping around would be lame, even with big budget disney money. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2019, 01:28:41 AMI don't think people will come out in droves for an Alien movie ever again.

Maybe if Cameron directed a sequel chock full of nostalgia from Aliens...

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 15, 2019, 02:41:03 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2019, 01:28:41 AMI don't think people will come out in droves for an Alien movie ever again.

Maybe if Cameron directed a sequel chock full of nostalgia from Aliens...

It's possible. Cameron is a crowd pleaser, so his name carries more weight. But I think his best days are behind him.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Even the Aliens nostalgia might not be enough, there would be some alien nerds wearing Newt/Hicks shirts but the average moviegoers are too busy watching generic movies. Alien/Predator are just not there anymore. We are just a bunch of outcasts in the movie business for Disney.

Wait until the series gets merely used as a platform to spread whatever nonsense the ones in charge get off to. And when that don't perform the way they want its over.

Nukiemorph

Mr. H gave his assessment.

In short: His sources claim nothing is currently happening with the franchise at all, so he thinks this is just made-up clickbait.

Kimarhi

A reboot is inevitable. 

A couple of years sitting on by Disney and none of the current people will want to do a sequel to covenant.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and casuals will remember the first two movies fondly if they are shown in full reboot mode. 

I think there is still a market and there is still money to be had.

The downside is now that Disney has the franchise there won't be any more covenant style sequels.................if that is your thing. 

Huggs

Huggs

I think Covenant wrapped up the prequels quite well.

David eliminated all loose ends, destroyed the engineers, created the Alien, escaped purgatory, has his own ship complete with materials necessary to colonize his own world. He won and got everything. He's master of his own destiny, escaping into the vastness of space to commit unknown horrors.

I can live with that ending.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I think the same. There is almost no story to tell, or at least a story that deserves to be told in movie form. They already threw all the meat on the grill with the prequels. The only thing left is wasted potential, because there are interesting ideas in the prequel series, but maybe it's time to move on. It's better than watch the franchise die anyway  :P

The Old One

The Old One

I don't agree, you've got the fall of David- the A.I's hubris, the Engineer's last people's retribution and the real Space Jockey to explore if you choose.

If you don't finish the prequel series with a certified good entry, it's a permanent damaged dead end mark upon the franchise.
And a wasted opportunity.

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 15, 2019, 01:37:36 AM
They could still go with practical effects for the Alien, but all the space shots and shit could be cgi.

Full ninja alien hopping around would be lame, even with big budget disney money.

I always thought them Aliens in the second film hopping around on walls and over consoles looked really cool.

Kimarhi

They do for practical effects, but you know they'd go cgi and that movement still doesn't look good.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David's Creation on Aug 15, 2019, 03:12:39 AM
Mr. H gave his assessment.

In short: His sources claim nothing is currently happening with the franchise at all, so he thinks this is just made-up clickbait.

I would think it's probably too early for something to be happening.

I didn't watch the video but we all have no doubt Alien was discussed right and what they hope to do? I don't think Alan Horn and Alan Bergman went over to Watts at Disnox, cut most of the projects in development and didn't discuss all the franchise properties and potential directions if any. Meaning they didn't discuss Planet of the Apes and Avatar and then left and took the next plane out of there.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 15, 2019, 05:20:43 AM
I don't agree, you've got the fall of David- the A.I's hubris, the Engineer's last people's retribution and the real Space Jockey to explore if you choose.

If you don't finish the prequel series with a certified good entry, it's a permanent damaged dead end mark upon the franchise.
And a wasted opportunity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed