Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 81,343 times)

HuDaFuK

Definitely sounds like something I'll be taking with a pinch of salt.

Immortan Jonesy

Yup. Unless something of such magnitude is reported by sources like The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline or Variety; the pinch of salt is key :laugh:

Samhain13

Samhain13

I doubt Ridley would want to be involved in an Alien reboot. If he can't finish David's trilogy he will be mad for a while.

Now, Disney having purchased the Alien IP as part of their merger with Fox, plans to perform an Alien resurrection.

That bastard. Don't you dare pull that word again.

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 14, 2019, 04:06:45 PM

I'd say a single solitary grain is more like it.

Evanus

Well I certainly hope that's fake because it sounds like rubbish.

And yeah, I doubt Ridley would want to be involved unless they do something with the prequels first.

Corporal Hicks

They've been dropping a lot of fake scoops to do with Crisis on Infinite Earths lately so I'd be very dubious.

Voodoo Magic

Err, yeah, the whole reboot sounds on the money to me unfortunately, underline money.

I don't think Disnox wants a to make a profitable film. They want to make a profitable franchise. And building off the threads of Alien3, Alien Resurrection or Alien Covenant won't be the path to do it. A young starlet and a new direction likely will.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 14, 2019, 04:20:11 PM

Are you saying you mostly believe it but want to reserve the possibility of it being bullshit?

SuperiorIronman

I mean at the end of the day a reboot might be needed, but near as I can tell there's literally only one site covering this and the story broke 9 hours ago at the time of posting. You'd think this would be covered by major outlets already so it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical over this.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 14, 2019, 07:35:24 PM
Err, yeah, the whole reboot sounds on the money to me unfortunately, underline money.

I don't think Disnox wants a to make a profitable film. They want to make a profitable franchise. And building off the threads of Alien3, Alien Resurrection or Alien Covenant won't be the path to do it. A young starlet and a new direction likely will.

This is 100 percent what is going to happen.

Cvalda is probably tore up from the floor up. 

Immortan Jonesy

Well, I agree in one thing. If you want to make this franchise profitable, the new generations are your main target audience. Of course, and although I have no problems with that, this makes an R rating movie unlikely.

Perfect-Organism

Everything is fair game to retcon except Alien and Aliens IMO.  That's the core.

SuperiorIronman

I don't think you'd even need to reboot wholesale with the franchise, jumping to a different character works since Ripley's story is over by the end of Aliens. If you just consider Alien to Aliens it's workable since you can always have a clutch of eggs pop up in another spot.

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 14, 2019, 08:34:01 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 14, 2019, 04:20:11 PM

Are you saying you mostly believe it but want to reserve the possibility of it being bullshit?

I'm saying that there's a high likelihood that it's complete, total and even absolute bullsh*te.

Kimarhi

If they reboot it they will go their own way.

Disney would see Alien and be like muddaf**kas, think of it with todays SFX and budgets, it'd be legit 1000x more scary.

The same with Aliens.

They will just restart the whole franchise. 

Honestly if you took out the chestbursting sequence in Alien and dropped a couple of fbombs out of Aliens..............would they be rated r today?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed