Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 91,242 times)

Kradan

Looks recognisibly Alien but not quite Alien

Spoiler
Also, does it have two tails ?  :D
[close]

Russ840

Really enjoyed this issue.

I may be wrong, but it seems like a few changes were made. A couple of scenes seemed to play out differently than I remember.

Corporal Hicks

Just finished #4. I still think the colouring on this is some of the best from Dark Horse. I'm not sure if I'm just confused, or if there's geography mix-up but the airlock and cooling unit both looked the same to me? I do like the new Alien. I'm still disappointed it's not Cobb's take on it, but I still like it.

Dammmmmnnnnnn at some of the death artwork too. Looking forward to the conclusion. Definitely going to sitdown and re-read the script and then the comic together soon too. Need a refresher.

I went back to #2 to try translating the text on the wall. It's just non-sense unfortunately, and even looks like some of the Engineer script was flipped around. Shame, that could have been fun.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2020, 12:32:21 PM
I'm still disappointed it's not Cobb's take on it, but I still like it.

I don't think someone should be too dissapointed by that. I have hard time imagining the damn thing moving properly let alone being a viable threat. I always found Cobb's take to be plain goofy

Immortan Jonesy

I went back to #2 to try translating the text on the wall. It's just non-sense unfortunately, and even looks like some of the Engineer script was flipped around. Shame, that could have been fun.

Try to do that with Covenant  :laugh:

Most is non-sense with the exception of:

"Tomb different sides life and death"

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 04, 2020, 01:04:25 PM
I'm still disappointed it's not Cobb's take on it, but I still like it.

I don't think someone should be too dissapointed by that. I have hard time imagining the damn thing moving properly let alone being a viable threat. I always found Cobb's take to be plain goofy

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IQ5SMQFWeWM/UaUd-uRZE9I/AAAAAAAAdAs/WZL-tPqgC7A/s1600/ku-medium.jpg
https://alienseries.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/aa591-alien-concept-cobb.jpg

I get that, but I'm still with Hicks here. Much like the Boss Film Predator, if there was any visual medium that could make the Cobb creature work, it would be in the still art paneling of comics. And I would have loved to seen that! :)

Kradan

Russ840

Last issue is solid.

A was hoping for the unused ending where the Alien kills Ripley/Roby and talks in her voice. But I get that it's not in the script. 

Art is as great as the rest of the series.

Im hoping for some nice extras in the hardcover, but I won't hold my breath.

Stitch

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 02, 2020, 12:48:02 PM
Last issue is solid.

A was hoping for the unused ending where the Alien kills Ripley/Roby and talks in her voice. But I get that it's not in the script. 

Art is as great as the rest of the series.

Im hoping for some nice extras in the hardcover, but I won't hold my breath.
I got a delivery from Forbidden Planet today. Sadly, this was not included. Guess I'll just have to wait longer...

Russ840

Did anyone get the hardcover

Xiggz456

Solid final issue! Great artwork and phenomenal coloring. I really liked how brutal they made the alien in this adaptation! Well farewell Dark Horse, it's been a pleasure!

Master

I do have the hardcover and just ended reading it few minutes ago. I liked it allot . Alien looks good, kills looks good and the plot is different enough to keep one focused and entertained. Hardcover is heavy, cool looking book, but aside from introducing letter and four additional arts at the end there is nothing more in it.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 08, 2020, 09:25:18 AM
*the most obnoxious voice ever*

Well, NOW prequels don't look so bad, DO THEY ?

True that.  Charlie Holloway could have been a descendant if anti-maskers.

Quote from: bobby brown on Oct 15, 2020, 11:19:12 AM
I find the uninspired creature design to be puzzling.

You have this amazing opportunity to illustrate the awesome story of Alien,
but with a brand new look, and most creatures so far have just been tentacle blobs.

I thought it would be obvious the hire an illustrator that is really into creature design and such, (I admit there is more to Alien than that) such as a bernie Wrightson type of artist or something.

Ive seen some images of the adult, and it looks interesting though.

If I recall correctly though, some of those original concepts WERE just blobs though...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 03, 2020, 12:09:08 PM
Solid final issue! Great artwork and phenomenal coloring. I really liked how brutal they made the alien in this adaptation! Well farewell Dark Horse, it's been a pleasure!

I got my HC and final issue at the weekend. A strong one for Dark Horse to go out on with Alien. Another fantastic art team (all 3 of the last series have looked fantastic IMHO). Had some minor pacing issues - more so than Gibson's A3, I think - but otherwise a good adaptation!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed