The Sound of Alien: Isolation Insider Video Released

Started by ikarop, Apr 02, 2014, 04:39:04 PM

Author
The Sound of Alien: Isolation Insider Video Released (Read 32,332 times)

gabgrave

Technically, this would be the largest standard Alien animated in the media, so maybe the louder footsteps are in line with the size? Like how the Queen sounds? That part in the movie where it's in the wall could be due to how it's full at that point, and just finding a place to snooze. As for breathing, it might or might not require to short term, but the dynamics of smell requires it to inhale the scent of prey. That is, if they hunt by smell, of course.

SM

QuoteAs far as the footsteps go, they weren't loud in the other movies either. Though that probably doesn't really matter after all the emphasis I put on the first movie lol. I don't remember it making noise when it's walking idly in the older videos, seems like that was new in this trailer. When it ambushes the chick at the end, it seemed to be silent though, I suppose maybe it does go into some sneak mode in that type of situation.

The Alien never really gets to walk anywhere in the first film - and when it does (approaching Lambert almost as if it's floating) thee's no footsteaps.  Any Alien movement in the second flick is obscured by soundtrack and guns.  You can hear scuttling in bits of the Alien3 and the full body shot in Resurrection after it kills Elgyn, has very light footsteps.  Which is what they should be going with in the game.  In the vid it seems too heavy for something walking on tippy toes.  Especially for a creature that didn't make any sound while stalking Dallas in very cramped airducts.

As for the screeching - needs to be kept to minimum and must be for a reason.  No screeching just 'cos like in AvP:Poo.

gabgrave

Well, none of those movies seem to try to draw attention to the size and weight of the creature, since more people would then ask "How the hell is it running on the walls!?" CA seems to be trying to address this in their concept of the Alien, which I would say is looking more and more individualistic than all the other ones. That's if they removed the wall running of course.

And I seem to recall the new born from AR having the same stomping sounds, can anyone verify?

szkoki

Quote from: Mus on Apr 05, 2014, 02:22:46 AM
That breathing is going to get so annoying

dying constantly will be boring :D

Corporal Hicks

Don't die then.  :P People wanted a challenging Alien, you've got one!

Mus

Quote from: gabgrave on Apr 07, 2014, 08:28:28 AM
Well, none of those movies seem to try to draw attention to the size and weight of the creature, since more people would then ask "How the hell is it running on the walls!?"

I've assumed it's some kind of Van der Waals force type thing going on, like how a gecko can chill on a glass wall. Like this scene where it's standing on the wall, maybe it has tons of those little claws or hairs on its soles that grip the surface. Perhaps the slime is sticky? Magic? It bleeds acid, I'm sure wall-running can be worked in there

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2014, 10:34:33 AM

Allegedly. Positive reviews and 75% off the price and I'll think about it. :P

szkoki

szkoki

i still like the whole concept no matter what. since AVP and AVP2 had lame story and voice acting still the atmosphere was there! and in this one...holly s*it! all over the place.

but since im getting older im more...choosey, eg; i love The Last of Us, the Uncharted serie both for the story, voicacting, atmosphere, sets, music....BUT GAMEPLAYWISE just annoying both where you can die in easy mode too just because an unforseen thing happens and you have to start all over again from the latest checkpoint...

well in case of A:I im not hoping for great story, voiceacting so they have to really really rely on the atmosphere, music and sets wich i said was enough in the case of the old AVPs.

bu we will see how this was pans out

Jarac

That roar in the beginning, and that ending... scared the s**t out of me! Yes, this game is definitely looking better. Hopefully more is shown at E3.

Razz

Quote from: Jarac on Apr 09, 2014, 12:02:24 PM
That roar in the beginning, and that ending... scared the s**t out of me! Yes, this game is definitely looking better. Hopefully more is shown at E3.
Yeah this is seriously looking like Outlast but with an Alien in it, I'm sure that comparison has been made. :P

I still need to finish Outlast but it really is that creepy, I end up wussing out of it after a while. :-\

piff

people dont want a challanging alien, they want a good community. This game with no MP mode, is not what people been asking for....

SM

This is precisely what a lot of people have been asking for after the lacklustre AvP(2010) and fairly crap A:CM.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: piff on Apr 15, 2014, 11:31:36 PM

people dont want a challanging alien, they want a good community. This game with no MP mode, is not what people been asking for....
Oh plenty people are excited for a game with no multiplayer mode shoe-horned by the request of the publishing overlords.

It has all the hall marks of true survival horror game and alot of people on here have been asking for an Alien title such as that for a very long time.

Some people really should stop expecting a game to be what it isn't, and take it for what it is.

Glaive

Quote from: Razz on Apr 16, 2014, 06:17:20 AM
Quote from: piff on Apr 15, 2014, 11:31:36 PM

Oh plenty people are excited for a game with no multiplayer mode shoe-horned by the request of the publishing overlords.

It that has all the hall marks of true survival horror game and alot of people on here have been asking for an Alien title such as that for a very long time.

Some people really should stop expecting a game to be what it isn't, and take it for what it is.

^^^^^...with BELLS ON!!

...as for a good community...are you seriously insulting the rest of us on this site?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed