The Sound of Alien: Isolation Insider Video Released

Started by ikarop, Apr 02, 2014, 04:39:04 PM

Author
The Sound of Alien: Isolation Insider Video Released (Read 32,333 times)

gabgrave

I'm just waiting for a player to set a trap, then wait for the Alien to walk into it from some hiding spot, only for the Alien's head to appear from right beside him. His last words will be "Clever girl"

ShadowPred

That f**king ending, f**k you!

Vepariga

lol listen to some of you old men mumble on. 'i dont like his alligator noise' 'moves like a raptor' lol we have seen the Alien do alot of things in the movies,screech,squeel,roar like a f**king dragon. and you whinge over this lol clutching at straws. what a laugh.

when your playing the game your not going to care what the damn alien sounds like.

Valaquen

The Alien was 'voiced' by a bird impressionist in the first movie. People do complain a fair bit.

Canon_Barbarian

Music reminds me Alien 4. Legs, jaws..now the music. These guys are definitely Resurrection fans.

The Old Man: Dick, I'm very disappointed.

Mus

Quote from: Vepariga on Apr 05, 2014, 02:07:18 PM
lol listen to some of you old men mumble on. 'i dont like his alligator noise' 'moves like a raptor' lol we have seen the Alien do alot of things in the movies,screech,squeel,roar like a f**king dragon. and you whinge over this lol clutching at straws. what a laugh.

when your playing the game your not going to care what the damn alien sounds like.

This is supposed to ape the first movie, that's like half their pitch. Yeah I kinda care

Seegson

Quote from: TheCanonMaster on Apr 05, 2014, 06:17:41 PM
Music reminds me Alien 4. Legs, jaws..now the music. These guys are definitely Resurrection fans.

The music is from the original soundtrack, Jerry G. And reminds you Alien Resurrection????

Wtf?!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

WOW the music comes from original Jerry Goldsmith reels and inspiration. :laugh:

gabgrave

Quote from: Mus on Apr 05, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

This is supposed to ape the first movie, that's like half their pitch. Yeah I kinda care
If you are expecting a game where the Alien appears for 8 mins over 2 hours... This isn't the game you want then.

ikarop

QuoteIn the podcast, PRIORTY ONE: Episode 2: Audio Log 002 – PERCY, Nee will be talking to Lead Audio Designer Mark Angus and Audio Designers Byron Bullock and Sam Cooper. Key members of the audio team, these developers are charged with the responsibility of perfecting the ambience and acoustics of the game.

Like our previous podcast, not only will you be getting to know our audio team and their roles in Alien: Isolation, we're also giving you the chance to ask them your questions. If there's a musical or audio-related question that's been on the tip of your tongue, then this is the moment to ask it!

If you also tuned in with our last podcast, you'll also know that Nee's put a quiz in to the title of our Audio Logs. If you know what PERCY means, tell us!

Send us your questions to community@alienisolation.com with the subject title: PRIORITY ONE: Sound of Alien: Isolation. The best questions will be put to our studio team during the podcast.

http://news.alienisolation.com/2014/04/04/learn-about-the-sound-of-alien-isolation/

Mus

Mus

Quote from: gabgrave on Apr 05, 2014, 08:43:23 PM
If you are expecting a game where the Alien appears for 8 mins over 2 hours... This isn't the game you want then.

:D Naw I just mean like how they're going on about the authenticity and how they're trying to replicate the movie and all that. Faithful environments, sounds, music, retro technology, "yeah man we like made this video then we played it on a CTR screen and filmed it with a tape recorder (edit: ?_? wut) a film camera", everything. Even this sound trailer, look at us trampling watermelons, this is so authentic. Then the alien itself seems to be veering away from that, when it's like the centerpiece. First the legs, for animation purposes, like ok, whatever I guess, no one complained about men in suits in the old games. Then the sounds too, it's gurgling like a crocodile and shit, which reminds me more of the direction they took the aliens in with the later sequels. The giga loud footsteps are kinda silly too, not exactly a master of stealth. Maybe it's meant to make it more imposing, and also easier to track its movement, so whatever.

It's just kinda silly though, like what's the point. The one thing they take creative liberties with is the iconic monster that people actually care about. I thought AVP2 is a solid game, even Alien Trilogy which is pretty much Doom with aliens. There hasn't really been a game that focuses on the first film though. Then this thing comes along and says "this is that game!" And I'm like neat, maybe they'll really capture that vibe of the first monster. And then it's actually a dinosaur that thumps around making generic guttural beast sounds. As long as they're spazzing out about being super deluxe true to the movie, I'll get hung up on the things that aren't. I mean the gameplay itself isn't anything groundbreaking, they're just riding on the presentation

Xhan

Its gonna be awesome hearing you screech when your animoos get reamed and "updated" by western licensees.

MrSpaceJockey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWgepGEZU8

gabgrave

Quote from: Mus on Apr 05, 2014, 11:42:23 PM
Again, everything you mentioned about the differences between the Alien and the AI Alien can be identified by the fact that in the original movie, the Alien only has a few minutes of screen time. No thumping sounds as the Alien moves? The original didn't move more than 3 steps. No roars or heavy breathing? Most of the time it's sucking on brains or on vacuum. Also, we haven't heard how the Alien sounds like when it suspects prey is near. We need some feedback from those who tried it out if the Alien becomes more stealthy and silent just before the kill, like a lion.

And regarding the authenticity, I think you should read up on more of the articles regarding the AI Alien development, since they distinctively said they could not just blindly follow the original, and instead wanted to create what most people feel the Alien should be like, a giant otherworldly killer in space. They only authentically replicated the environment to match the film, for the atmosphere.   

Mus

As far as the footsteps go, they weren't loud in the other movies either. Though that probably doesn't really matter after all the emphasis I put on the first movie lol. I don't remember it making noise when it's walking idly in the older videos, seems like that was new in this trailer. When it ambushes the chick at the end, it seemed to be silent though, I suppose maybe it does go into some sneak mode in that type of situation.

Vocals wise, it was pretty much just silent when it was chilling in the wall in Alien, which would seem like a situation where it's just minding its own business. I'm pretty sure there's been a few discussions about whether or not the thing even breathes in the first place. it never made those low pitched noises when it killed people in Alien either. Actually I don't think it does that in any of the movies. Except maybe Resurrection ? ? I can't remember when I even saw it last. So I don't know why they'd feel the need to make it do that now. Nor do I see how it makes it more otherworldly, wasn't it already a giant otherworldly killer in space

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed