William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 151,114 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

4th issue is up.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/21/dark-horse-comics-february-2019-solicits/

Spoiler
QuoteThis is the official adaptation of the original screenplay for Alien 3, written by William Gibson, the award-winning science fiction author of the cyberpunk cult classic Neuromancer. You'll see familiar characters and places-but not all is the same in this horrifying Cold War thriller!

Suddenly, both the Rodina and Sulaco find themselves in a state of complete chaos, as the controlled environments go completely awry. When Hicks, Spence, and crew attempt to take matters into their own hands by expelling the Xenomorph embryos, they find that they may be too late.
[close]

In Shops: Feb 13, 2019

Variant by B Moore

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That cover is creepy af. I love it.
The variant....not so much...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can't freaking wait to see what

Spoiler
the Change
[close]

looks like on the page. Something like that, I imagine!

Russ840

Russ840

I really love the standard covers to this series.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, same. I love the uniform, minimalist design.

Gonna have to try and get a regular copy of the first issue at some point to replace the variant I ended up with.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2018, 03:26:47 PM
I can't freaking wait to see what

Spoiler
the Change
[close]

looks like on the page. Something like that, I imagine!

Spoiler
The Hybrid better not have a goddamn skull.  >:(
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm just hoping we get to see more of the scale of Anchorpoint from the first draft. The comic cutting the second draft's monorail in favor of having Jackson just walk down a hallway doesn't bode well, though. However, I'm willing to admit I could be wrong.

The Old One

The Old One

I love the cover, despise the concept.

I'd much rather they were straight up "Neomorphs" in the story. If not in design, then in function.
True microwave Aliens, easier and faster to produce but less intelligent and prone to defects.
Which would explain why the Aliens don't just propogate like that in general, because it creates an inferior spawn.
But still a useful tool to work towards generating a "real" Alien, via eggmorphing if there's no pure Aliens left.
For instance.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've always had a hard time picturing the skin shedding idea. Weirdly enough, I have an easier time with Red's transformation scene.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 30, 2018, 04:46:27 AM
I've always had a hard time picturing the skin shedding idea. Weirdly enough, I have an easier time with Red's transformation scene.

Yeah, don't really get how it works myself. Kind of brings an element of the Thing into the Alien universe.

SM

SM

The 'face' cover looks like an old 1980s horror movie poster.

I dig.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 30, 2018, 04:35:42 AMI'm just hoping we get to see more of the scale of Anchorpoint from the first draft. The comic cutting the second draft's monorail in favor of having Jackson just walk down a hallway doesn't bode well, though. However, I'm willing to admit I could be wrong.

Anchorpoint in both scripts came across as pretty huge (albeit unfinished in the second draft), whereas in the comic it seemed to me like it was merely a small outpost.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really did love the visual of the uncompleted station in that second draft.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Rankles75 on Nov 30, 2018, 08:30:24 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 30, 2018, 04:46:26 AM

Yeah, don't really get how it works myself. Kind of brings an element of the Thing into the Alien universe.

It makes the Alien too viral IMO, and makes me think they don't have control
over their own morphology if they couldn't use this ability at Hadley's Hope.
Which I don't like at all.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The sudden left turn in their reproductive process is that main thing I dislike about Gibson's script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed