William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,797 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've really enjoyed the first issue! So nice to see everything getting visualized after all this time. Only thing I dislike is the UPP rocking up in that dropship. I'm so keen to keep going. The wait for this series is going to be a flipping nightmare.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 15, 2018, 08:53:55 AMOnly thing I dislike is the UPP rocking up in that dropship. I'm so keen to keep going.

Yeah, that bugged me in the preview. You've only got to look at the real Cold War here on Earth to know you'd never find both sides using the same kit.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 15, 2018, 08:53:55 AMThe wait for this series is going to be a flipping nightmare.

And that's before we get to the inevitable six-month delay on the final issue :P

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Just read it.  Pretty cool so far.  I never read the original script so going in unprejudiced here.  I don't get what that dropship was doing there at the beginning.  Was it trying to scratch a circular hole on the Sulaco? 

I hope we get a nice graphic novel compilation that will also feature the original Alien 3 adaptation.  It would be a good opportunity to re-release that series.  It never got the TPB treatment.  I know some people were not fans of that adaptation, but I for one liked it a lot.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As far as the film adaptation comics go, the most obvious thing to do would be a collection including Net's Tale, 3 and Resurrection in one book (given the different publishers, you're not likely to ever see Alien: The Illustrated Story in the same package).

I still find it kind of odd that they so conspicuously haven't been collected (not counting the one-off trade they did back in the day for Newt's Tale, or the random UK magazine reprints of that and Resurrection).

Nightmare Asylum

I love the Illustrated Story. Newt's Tale was pretty awful, and 3 and Resurrection were ok (but a bit too short, each should have been four parts IMO).

Enjoyed issue one of this so far. Not super fond of the script itself, but I'm all for getting it visualized like this. Eagerly looking forward to the second part.

Now to get caught up in Dust to Dust...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Now they just need to hire a Kindergarten class to illustrate the Red script with finger paints.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 16, 2018, 12:43:50 AM
Now they just need to hire a Kindergarten class to illustrate the Red script with finger paints.

I was told there would be grown men and laxatives involved. What is all this finger-painting business?

I hear magnesia really brings out the detail in those xeno chickens.  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 16, 2018, 12:52:37 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 16, 2018, 12:43:50 AM

I was told there would be grown men and laxatives involved. What is all this finger-painting business?

I hear magnesia really brings out the detail in those xeno chickens.  ;D

Laxatives. Finger painting. Xeno chickens. Sounds fun.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 15, 2018, 03:39:00 PM
As far as the film adaptation comics go, the most obvious thing to do would be a collection including Net's Tale, 3 and Resurrection in one book (given the different publishers, you're not likely to ever see Alien: The Illustrated Story in the same package).

I still find it kind of odd that they so conspicuously haven't been collected (not counting the one-off trade they did back in the day for Newt's Tale, or the random UK magazine reprints of that and Resurrection).

I don't recall Newt's tale ever being combined into a single TPB.  They should redo the ALIENS adaptation.  It is a popular enough film to justify it.  At the very least, they should recolor Newt's Tale and re-release it.  It was colored like a children's book, which in a way, it was.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wonder if they'll do another series that picks up where Gibson's script leaves off.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd buy that.

Huggs

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 16, 2018, 01:27:01 AMI don't recall Newt's tale ever being combined into a single TPB.

Titan did a collected edition in the mid-90s. Think it might've been a UK-only release.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 16, 2018, 12:43:50 AMNow they just need to hire a Kindergarten class to illustrate the Red script with finger paints.
Quote from: Huggs on Nov 16, 2018, 12:52:37 AMI was told there would be grown men and laxatives involved. What is all this finger-painting business?

:laugh: Sometimes I feel sorry for Red. And then I remember, "Breakfast of champions!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The first issue came in today. The breaking off point was a bit odd. Not really the most dynamic face reveal in comics. Overall, though, it was very good. Hopefully the upcoming issues strike a nice balance between the two drafts. This one seems entirely drawn from the second, but I'd really like to see some of the bigger scale stuff like the mall and zero gravity fight from the first.

I do kind of wish they used the roman numeral III instead of 3, since all of the scripts use that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed