William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 151,164 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Should I read William Gibson's script before this comic comes out or wait?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Sep 25, 2018, 06:05:29 PM
Should I read William Gibson's script before this comic comes out or wait?

If I remember correctly, there are two script treatments he did. One had more action than the other, I believe. His Alien 3 has indeed gotten love. And justifiably so. In my opinion, it is the best thing I've ever "read" in the aliens universe, even though it didn't seem like official "alien EU stuff" to me until this series was green-lit.

As for your question, I'll say this. The comics will get here sometime on down the road. Gibson's Alien 3 exists right here and now. You can experience it today, no waiting. It's going to read exactly how he wanted it to. And above all else, it's a ride that's darn well worth the taking. I wouldn't hesitate to read it. Not for a minute.

It's that...damn...good.

Nostromo

Nostromo

But in Mr Gibson's scripts, Corporal Hicks and Bishop are battling genetically-altered Xenomorphs

Great looking script, locations etc, but f**k me what is up with this stupid idea for genetecially altered crap?

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com/index.php/2018/09/26/william-gibsons-aliens-3-script-to-be-published-as-a-comic-by-dark-horse/

Genetically modified or Army controlled or any of that crap equals humanity knows about Aliens equals mystique, suspense, terror gone. What will follow is a typical early 90's action movie theme.

Kailem

Kailem

I guess I won't mention it specifically since there's literally someone three posts up who hasn't read either draft, but yeah there's one key part of both drafts that's a lot like something they did in Alien Covenant that's along those lines. I did like how both drafts acknowledged the potential for the Alien to have originated as a bio-engineered weapon, but I did think they went a bit crazy with the "New Beasts", especially in the first draft.

It kinda looks like the comic is going to be taking the second draft as its main inspiration, but with some changes here and there that weren't present in either, but I'd almost prefer thy'd adapted the first just because of how absolutely nuts it is, as well as clearly the version that would have required a far bigger budget to realise on-screen.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2018, 08:29:47 AM
I really need to go find somewhere I can get this pre-ordered. Sadly the only local comic shop I know are a bunch of useless f*ckwits.

www.tfaw.com is where i get ALL of my comics from now... been ordering from them for 3-4 years.

and yes, both covers for issue 1 and 2 are up for pre-ordering right meow ;)

The Old One

The Old One

I believe a medium of the two with changes would produce the best version, I hope that's what we will receive.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd like the overall influence to be from the second draft, but with some of the action and Hicks getting more to do earlier on from the first.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Well after I've finished reading The Cold Forge, I shall begin on the first William Gibson draft.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's always the digital store until you can get your hand on physical trades.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Sep 25, 2018, 06:05:29 PMShould I read William Gibson's script before this comic comes out or wait?

Personally, if I hadn't already read the scripts, I think I'd prefer to wait for the comic, then read them afterwards. The comic will be a more complete and engaging product. A script is just words on a page.

Quote from: DorkiDori on Sep 26, 2018, 08:53:28 PMwww.tfaw.com is where i get ALL of my comics from now... been ordering from them for 3-4 years.

Thanks, but I live in the UK. Don't really wanna be shipping an issue across the Atlantic every month!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 27, 2018, 08:02:46 AMThere's always the digital store until you can get your hand on physical trades.

You know I'm an old fart, I prefer physical copies :P

SM

SM

QuotePersonally, if I hadn't already read the scripts, I think I'd prefer to wait for the comic, then read them afterwards. The comic will be a more complete and engaging product. A script is just words on a page.

I was never a fan of the Gibson script - but having seen the art and some of the script (which is very faithful) I'm really looking forward to this one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Likewise.

While I quite like his second draft, I still really don't enjoy the drastic Alien biology changes he made.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2018, 08:33:54 AM
QuotePersonally, if I hadn't already read the scripts, I think I'd prefer to wait for the comic, then read them afterwards. The comic will be a more complete and engaging product. A script is just words on a page.

I was never a fan of the Gibson script - but having seen the art and some of the script (which is very faithful) I'm really looking forward to this one.

Not even the second?

SM

SM

It was better than the first, but I liked Ward's take more.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope that Vincent Ward's A3 will be the successor to this, if this is successful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed