William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 151,046 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I guess UPP is so poor that it can only provide T-shirts for their commandos.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Hopefully that's near the end after all hell breaks loose on Rodina Station.

The Old One

The Old One

Artists need time more than anything, even or especially the best ones.

SM

SM

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 11, 2018, 01:17:40 PM
I guess UPP is so poor that it can only provide T-shirts for their commandos.

Like this?

When we meet Chang at the start (assuming this is she) she has a combat spacesuit with a smart gun built into the forearm.

It might be Jackson or Spence.  I haven't read Gibson's script in some time.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 11, 2018, 08:06:02 PM
Artists need time more than anything, even or especially the best ones.

Here, here!  I've said it before, I'll say it again, some of the best comic book reading I had the privilege of enjoying was the very first Aliens series by Verheiden and Nelson.  Almost every book was late.  Some, by up to 4 months.  It was all worth the while.  Same with the Hawkeye series from Marvel a few years ago.  Screw the schedules!  Give me quality and let the pencilnecks' heads explode. 

SM

SM

Delayed comics doesn't generally bother me, but it's still unprofessional.  Be easier to just set out a more realistic schedule from the outset.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://comicbook.com/comics/2018/09/11/william-gibsons-alien-3-3-cover/

Quote"The crew of the Rodina quickly find themselves in a dire situation as the U.P.P. side have an unwelcome guest aboard their ship. Meanwhile, the powers that be on the Sulaco look to replace the crew with the recently recovered android, Bishop. As they push the limits of ethics and morality, the crew decide something must be done."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can't help but wonder if The Hybrid will look just like that Neomorph thing from Covenant.

The Old One

The Old One

"The hybrid" ?

I have not read the unmade scripts entirely.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The New Beast. It was Gibson's new style of Alien and it functioned pretty much like the Neomorphs and the spores.

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2018, 03:28:31 AM
Delayed comics doesn't generally bother me, but it's still unprofessional.  Be easier to just set out a more realistic schedule from the outset.

Yeah, I'm the same. I don't mind waiting but it gives a bad impression.

Also, is it me or does the new outline make it sound like they've turned the Rodina into a ship rather than a station?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It certainly does.  I hope that's just a loose description of the story.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2018, 07:58:10 AM
The New Beast. It was Gibson's new style of Alien and it functioned pretty much like the Neomorphs and the spores.

I sure as shit hope they don't make it look like the Newborn.  Or give it a skull.  >:(

SM

SM

Might be an error with those writing the blurb.  The script has Rodina as a station.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2018, 07:58:10 AM

So, if the Queen used Bishop's (apparently) genetic material to generate a new egg with a fluid in her stinger-
How do the spores come about?

& If the species survives through these spores, how does the Alien return to its original version?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Anchorpoint scientists cultured scrapings of genetic material from Bishop's lower half and cloned a miniature egg, which subsequently burst and released airborne spores.

There's also a classic alien that gets birthed prior to all this going down though.

The Old One

The Old One

A miniature egg that releases airborne spores you say, that seems vaguely familiar.

I'd honestly be chuffed if they used the Neomorph design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed