Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights

Started by Kailem, Apr 16, 2021, 12:46:54 AM

Author
Jim and John Thomas suing Disney to reclaim Predator rights (Read 91,546 times)

Voodoo Magic

For me, a Predator versus a Spartan or Spartans is where it's at.

BlueMarsalis79

I'd prefer this Spartan.

BigDaddyJohn

He actually stands a chance.

BlueMarsalis79

But to be fair we did already get to see the Phalanx go up against the Alien though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 09, 2021, 10:28:15 AM
But to be fair we did already get to see the Phalanx go up against the Alien though.

Yeah, true, but I've been dreaming of this long before Phalanx.  8)

Also, I don't really think that premise can work as an Alien film honestly. Novel, comic, anime even? Sure. But the whole medieval planet devised to make the Alien timeline work would just make eyes roll I think as a feature film, as well as turn off its core audience. But would a Predator hunting in 480 BC Greece in a live action feature film work to me? Definitely!

BlueMarsalis79

Personally I think the thing that the whole premise gets by on, that being the leaves, does not come across as applicable to film for me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 09, 2021, 03:54:16 PM
Personally I think the thing that the whole premise gets by on, that being the leaves, does not come across as applicable to film for me.

Leaves?

BlueMarsalis79

Spoiler
The acid resistant leaves, might work fine in one medium, but not necessarily film.
[close]

Kradan

I love Phalanx but that part feels a bit too convenient for my taste

BlueMarsalis79

Jacku

Quote from: Kradan on May 09, 2021, 07:31:42 PM

Coincidentally I just finished the book yesterday. I feel the leaves are the key in the book.

Spoiler
Like they have to be physically processed into a usable protection and poison that doesn't even work instantly so that adds a lot to the tension.

I imagine on film seeing this army of people covered in a faint white maybe dried layer of the goop that will only protect they from a splash or two of acid blood and even then it will leave small burns, would be a wonderful and fresh thing in an Aliens film. Because even with it the Aliens still slaughter, it just gives the humans an edge.
[close]

426Buddy

Yeah I loved everything about Phalanx, great book.

Kradan

Quote from: Jacku on May 15, 2021, 12:38:29 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 09, 2021, 07:31:42 PM

Coincidentally I just finished the book yesterday. I feel the leaves are the key in the book.

Spoiler
Like they have to be physically processed into a usable protection and poison that doesn't even work instantly so that adds a lot to the tension.

I imagine on film seeing this army of people covered in a faint white maybe dried layer of the goop that will only protect they from a splash or two of acid blood and even then it will leave small burns, would be a wonderful and fresh thing in an Aliens film. Because even with it the Aliens still slaughter, it just gives the humans an edge.
[close]

Oh, I'm not arguing that author made everything he could so leaves wouldn't take from the tension.

Spoiler
I still think it's a bit much of a coincidence they found special plant that can neutralize Aliens' acid blood on the SAME PLANET that was currently over-taken by Aliens
[close]

Proteus

10 more days...  :-[

Voodoo Magic

or...

10 more days...  :D

* I will forever be an optimist!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed