Recent posts

I dig it! I'm going to pass as I'm not really into double dipping on characters anymore. I'm satisfied with my OG Feral. This is dang awesome though.
Aaawwww bummer but least that means more Steve Perry interviews!
I will easy join the cult of 161.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 03:02:24 PM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Today at 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: Isolatedmorph on Today at 10:39:31 AMWhen the Quadrilogy came out I remember my mum picking it up when at a Tesco, the box freaked me the F out and I remember mum and dad inviting my sister and husband round and they all sat down with my older brothers too and watched Aliens. They said I could watch it too, the menu freaked me out so I went to bed being able to hear the movie and it scared me half to death.

Buying Alien dvd in Tesco, you must be British then. 🤣
I've done the same.

It was a WHS Smith for me! Exact same store I also got the Legacy boxset from as well!

Welcome to the forums @Isolatedmorph! Please have a read through our forum rules and feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to seeing you nerd out with the rest of us. :)

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 02:22:56 PMWelcome all new members! 😃 I am *loving* the influx of new Alien 3 fans here!! (It's my personal second fave after the original regardless of which cut, and I've long said is a misunderstood masterpiece, regardless of production issues / studio interference). Happy to see it getting more recognition here on the boards! 😃

UK here also (fun fact; my hometown was the filming location for the beach of Fury 161)

I keep meaning to make a pilgrimage up to Blast Beach but I struggle to find the energy as I got older/lazier! lol

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 02:29:57 PM@Corporal Hicks - just thinking on the above post /out loud; but any chance of emblems for the boards? (i.e. something like Order 937, Squad 426, Cult 161, etc (that sort of thing, with titles collectively voted by members) so members can easily find "their people"? 😄

I'm not shooting down, as ultimately would depend on the software and Darkness, but what would that be in regards to? Just displaying a favourite film?

Yes, just your fave vibe really :-) The movies in this franchise are so varied in style and atmosphere, and  I had noticed that whenever certain movies in the franchise are brought up in topic, it quickly becomes a debate on "how bad they are" with people keen to voice what they *don't* like - not just for Alien 3 and Resurrection, I see a lot of it with the prequel discussions too😅 Whilst it's great to debate these things, (and the diversity of opinions in threads are what makes this group so great, with everyone being attracted to the franchise for different reasons) I thought perhaps it might also be nice to sometimes engage more with those "in the same crowd / similar mindset" - there's a friend list option, and I don't think I've utilised it yet, mainly because we see all of our regular posters in all the threads daily anyway. The idea was just a display signal to others, to gravitate towards discussing more of what you love, as opposed to defending what you love.. 😅 that sorta thing really. Think of it like having a slytherin  or hufflepuff symbol next to your name (whatever those are, I don't do Harry Potter 🤣 first analogy could think  of, lol)
Oh great. Not only unnecessary sequel to a film, that never need one in in the first place but also it's claiming to be Anti woke and vaccine free. This is just insanity at this point.
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Has Alien vs. Predator (20...
Last post by Neila - Today at 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 11:35:36 AMI meant specifically to the lore regarding the life-cycle and biology of the alien. Other than the fast life-cycle and recycled design from rez, the alien in AVP is still an ancient creature, and not a lab experiment. Aliens being on earth is less damaging to me than them being a relatively new artificial creation. Just my own opinion here though.

There is plenty wrong with AVP, its just its easier to stomach for me when it comes to the Alien lore.

I could stand the bringing of the two universes together much less than anything that occurred in the prequels
Pretty much exactly what I think. There are really good and vicious ideas in Whedon's script ( the clones scene), and really silly ones (basketball scene).
Alien: Romulus / Re: Cailee Spaeny Interview
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 04:12:33 PM
I agree, barely visible but still there is the way to go.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed