Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 82,415 times)

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Serpico Jones on Sep 21, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 21, 2018, 04:19:52 PM
Not being funny, but there's not a cat in hell's chance that Disney would of allowed this film to come out under their brand name. The sooner fox is out the door the better, they have some great franchises and rather than showing them love, and crafting quality films to be remembered, they would rather run them into the ground. Embrace the change people, the house of mouse is coming, and I for one cannot wait, if it means getting films that are actually good.  :o

Disney would've pulled a "Rogue One"and fired the director. They would've reshot half the movie with a different director and screenwriter.

And Disney also did this with "Solo" and the result was a flop. (Even though I liked it.)
Disney is not infallible in terms of box office hits. They go where they are sure they can make money.
That's why there are so many Marvel movies from Disney. They make a profit.

- Imo the "Solo" flop shows how Disney reacts when a franchise underperforms (such as with stand alone Star Wars films). Then the studio cancels or delays movies in that franchise.

;)

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I know fox started the Alien and Predator franchises but I'm happy that Disney is in control. Avpr, Prometheus, alien covenant, the predator, all fairly recent films that are beyond horrible. I do enjoy Avp and Predators. 

The Old One

The Old One

The Alien prequels being in the same list as "AVPR" or "The Predator"  :laugh:

Horribly written, but everything else is top-notch, that's not the case with the others.

Trav

Trav

I've seen it 3 times and I like it more every time. It's not great but I love the predator action in the movie. It's looks and run like a lot of things were cut from the movie. I still enjoyed seeing the predator on screen, its was a fun movie for me and that's how I went into the movie. I just wanted it to be fun.

The Old One

The Old One

I enjoyed it, but I have no interest in reviewing it on home media.

Wysps

Wysps

According to the article, in reference to the "drop" it seems to be performing in the same manner as Alien: Covenant and Predators, though the latter's initial earnings were higher relative to their budgets. But still, the article makes it seem like the drop is massive when it's just following the same route as the other movies that came before it...unless I'm misunderstanding the wording there...

Engineer

That's the way I read it too. But I think the real message here is that it's not looking like it will be a very successful film.

Samhain13

Samhain13

So how much does it need to make to not be considered a complete failure? 2 times the budget? 1.5?

Engineer

2x it's budget globally is the common answer I've heard.

predator2rules

How much do we think it will make world wide. I say between $200 to 230 million. I can't believe all this shit this movie is getting. Personally I loved it but I can see why people didn't like it.

Lalo

Lalo

It'll barley break pass it's 88 mil budget thinking it'll make 200 mil is wishful thinking this movie is gonna bomb hard.

goose_3387

I wasn't expecting great numbers for this but I wasn't expecting it to perform so poorly, especially comparing it to AVPR and Predators numbers. Looks like it will do less then them.

I guess Predator is a very niche market in the grand scheme of things.

skull-splitter

And only a niche of that niche was served. Do the math.

whiterabbit

I didn't think it was going to bomb this hard either but it's over after just the first week. It's may not even cross 50M domestically at this rate. This one might have actually damaged it's reputation as a viable box office franchise. I mean it hurts and will be a loss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed