Ridley's Thoughts on The Queen

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2021, 07:52:25 AM

Author
Ridley's Thoughts on The Queen (Read 6,059 times)

Corporal Hicks

Can anyone recall an interview in which Ridley shared his thoughts on the Queen? I feel like he has, but I can't think where/when it was. Hoping one of you other folk can remember?

Drukathi

Drukathi

I have no sources, but iirc (some of recently interviews after Covenant) he does not against the Queen. Maybe because he completely forgot about the great ovomorphing idea. Or he thinks that the Queen can be uses for some sort of philosophy revelations.

[cancerblack]

DVD commentary in relation to the egg morph scene? Just guessing tbh.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2021, 07:52:25 AM
Can anyone recall an interview in which Ridley shared his thoughts on the Queen? I feel like he has, but I can't think where/when it was. Hoping one of you other folk can remember?

Here you go. You're welcome.

QuoteHe received his accolade from Queen Elizabeth II at an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on 8 July 2003. Scott admitted feeling "stunned and truly humbled" after the ceremony, saying, "As a boy growing up in South Shields, I could never have imagined that I would receive such a special recognition. I am truly humbled to receive this treasured award and believe it also further recognises the excellence of the British film industry.

Spoiler
Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 26, 2020, 05:04:21 PM
1 hour and a half interview with Ian Nathan, author of Ridley Scott: A Retrospective.

https://www.perfectorganism.com/home/2020/11/24/ridley-scott-a-retrospective-interviewing-author-ian-nathan

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 26, 2020, 07:57:20 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 26, 2020, 07:07:04 PM
Anything else that's interesting mentioned in the podcast?

Probably nothing you haven't heard of. They mostly talk about Alien and Blade Runner/ Blade Runner 2049 and surprisingly about ... 1492 which is Nathan's one of Scott's favourite movies. Jaimie from Perfect Organism mentions AVP and Corporal Hicks, who had made podcast with them, regarding lack of Alien in Prometheus and how it impacted Covenant. I recommend it to anyone who likes Scott's movies and Alien universe. This 1 hour and a half podcast just flew by.

PS What I have learned from it? Never mention Queen to Scott ;D

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 27, 2020, 06:27:59 PM
When Ian Nathan visited Covenant set and asked crew in the creature shop about the Queen they told him "don't mention the Queen around Ridley. There is no Queen as far Ridley is concern. It doesn't fit into his universe. It's Cameron thing" ;D

You can contact Ian Nathan @ https://twitter.com/IanNathan2

[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Ridley is such a d*ck

Talk about riding a high horse.

Kradan

Kradan

Ain't that what we love him for ?

True artist has to be a bit of a asshole

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Dude's a knight after all. Needs to ride a high horse. :P

Kradan

Kradan

Yep

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 13, 2021, 05:01:33 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 26, 2020, 05:04:21 PM
1 hour and a half interview with Ian Nathan, author of Ridley Scott: A Retrospective.

https://www.perfectorganism.com/home/2020/11/24/ridley-scott-a-retrospective-interviewing-author-ian-nathan

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 26, 2020, 07:57:20 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 26, 2020, 07:07:04 PM
Anything else that's interesting mentioned in the podcast?

Probably nothing you haven't heard of. They mostly talk about Alien and Blade Runner/ Blade Runner 2049 and surprisingly about ... 1492 which is Nathan's one of Scott's favourite movies. Jaimie from Perfect Organism mentions AVP and Corporal Hicks, who had made podcast with them, regarding lack of Alien in Prometheus and how it impacted Covenant. I recommend it to anyone who likes Scott's movies and Alien universe. This 1 hour and a half podcast just flew by.

PS What I have learned from it? Never mention Queen to Scott ;D

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 27, 2020, 06:27:59 PM
When Ian Nathan visited Covenant set and asked crew in the creature shop about the Queen they told him "don't mention the Queen around Ridley. There is no Queen as far Ridley is concern. It doesn't fit into his universe. It's Cameron thing" ;D

You can contact Ian Nathan @ https://twitter.com/IanNathan2

[close]

There it is! That's the one I'm thinking about. Thanks.  :)

Predwars24

Predwars24

My opinion I prefer the Queen miles over the egg morphing. Maybe it's because it never made it's way into the film until after the sequel came out (With the help of special editions), but I just don't like the egg morphing.

StrangeShape

The idea that Ridley hates it is pure propaganda. The only thing Scott directly said about the queen was this, in an interview with Paul Sammon

Scott: The mother Alien, by the way, I thought was a very good idea

Its also published in Aliens Illustrated Screenplay. Scott always had nothing but praise for Aliens

RIDLEY SCOTT
"Theres also no question that Cameron made an excellent film with Aliens. It really is an achievement" (Alien: Illustrated Screenplay)

""It's always tough to follow a successful film with a sequel to it ... It could never be as frightening [in the sequel] because you've already seen it. Therefore, what I think James Cameron [did with ALIENS] was a terrific action-picture. It's difficult what he accomplished"

"I would never ever critique or criticize Aliens because I think it was very successful and what he did was really good" (Jake Hamil int 2012)

SiL

SiL

I'd like to hear what he has to say now. The man has seriously run out of f**ks to give over the last 18 months and his interviews are an increasingly wild ride of unfiltered grumpy man quotes.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Dec 14, 2021, 05:02:52 AM
I'd like to hear what he has to say now. The man has seriously run out of f**ks to give over the last 18 months and his interviews are an increasingly wild ride of unfiltered grumpy man quotes.

Are they? Havent heard any new stuff from him in a while. Pity then, but then again he has reached quite an age, its understandable

Edit: quick google search, I see what you mean

Local Trouble

Did he happen to mention AR?

Kradan

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed