What if Xeno’s could pilot ships?

Started by Mala'kak, May 10, 2020, 07:02:59 PM

Author
What if Xeno’s could pilot ships? (Read 8,529 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2020, 06:35:48 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some Lii-type creatures going forward...

Just make any remaining engineers more fused with their tech/fairly decorative and regal.

I feel there's also room for another "culture" of engies who worship feminine archetypes rather than masculine ones.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 09, 2020, 08:47:42 PM

Just make any remaining engineers more fused with their tech/fairly decorative and regal.

I feel there's also room for another "culture" of engies who worship feminine archetypes rather than masculine ones.

That would be interesting. I actually dig the idea of female humanoid characters closely linked to biomechanical tech, much more than those we saw in the Prequels.

And speaking of engies, yeah. Their monuments are masculine in design. Having said all that, I would welcome a different Engineer culture.

SpaceKase

??? Lii-type creatures  ???

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jun 22, 2020, 04:31:52 PM

??? Lii-type creatures  ???

Female biomechanical humanoids designed in the likeness of Li Tobler; Swiss actress and model who was Giger's muse.

D. Compton Ambrose

They don't quite have the hand-eye coordination for that m8

Immortan Jonesy

How about an Alien piloting another Alien?   

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, sure, why not ?

SpaceKase

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 25, 2020, 07:16:29 AM

That's the one, ma! She's the one that besmirched mah honor!

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jun 26, 2020, 01:30:47 PM

That vampire woman is a goner-She's gotta have some serious drag/wind resistance considering her well...y'know.

Tichinde

short answer? Xenos would hunt the predators instead of the other way around.

Perfect-Organism

Too many anger issues to be a good pilot.

Might be ok Kamikaze pilots...

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 21, 2020, 11:14:51 PM
short answer? Xenos would hunt the predators instead of the other way around.

:D

Makes sense

Drix

Drix

I've toyd with the idea that they could build a structure high into low orbit(like a space elevator/ tube) that could have a thick gell to pass through instead of pressure doors that allow them to hold their own atmosphere for them. Or they could straight fill the low orbit sphere like structure with water to pressurize it.

From there they( with enough material) might be able to keep building till they reach they're closest moon. It wouldn't be permanently tethered, but the tether could dangle from the moon down into the planets sky where it occasionally passes a hive where the aliens could attach it for a short time to move members/materials.

Piloting ships? No, but building a hive in low orbit filled with water(for pressure) and then aimed at a particular solar systems planet...possibly. How a hive would survive atmosphere entry though...?

SpreadEagleBeagle

I like the Xenomorph to be unpredictable and Alien with plenty of surprises and abilities constantly hidden up its sleeve as it was originally intended (the Alien being able to fold and hide anywhere, the Alien being able to speak through a reanimated Ripley, the Alien being able to regenerat and regrow limbs etc.).

Sure, it's been decades of portraying the Xeno as an extraterrestrial Hive based animal purely driven by instinct, but I would welcome to the implementation of curveballs that broaden the nature and threat this creature potentially poses. If they can make it spacefaring in a way that is oddly fitting but not rediculous and cringey, then yes - by all means! Be it a Hive moving in space or a hive on board a Engineer spacecraft that has fused with the biomechanic circuitry and is now being explored by the hive mind of a Queen and her brood.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jun 26, 2020, 01:30:47 PM

That would be pretty rad man

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed