What if Xeno’s could pilot ships?

Started by Mala'kak, May 10, 2020, 07:02:59 PM

Author
What if Xeno’s could pilot ships? (Read 8,520 times)

Mala'kak

It would be terrifying   :o

SM

SM

Humanity would be proper f**ked.

Immortan Jonesy

I bet they would be like the Warhammer 40k Tyranids but xeno style. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Though not supported anywhere in the franchise, something I've flirted with is the idea of the hive itself actually being some sort of intelligence, an entity in itself, and perhaps that when a vessel is hived up, that intelligence is capable of piloting.

Kradan

That reminds me of Rage War

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 10, 2020, 10:32:49 PM

Where do you get all this shit !?  :o

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2020, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 10, 2020, 10:32:49 PM

Where do you get all this shit !?  :o

Sometimes Google can be your friend if you use the right words, but mostly from Artstation. There you find not only talents of all levels, but also professionals such as the artists who worked on 'Alien: Covenant' or 'The Predator'.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Sure they can pilot ships, you just hook up the controls to a big Hamster-ball-like xeno enclosure with a holographic sensor overlay and you let 'EM rip. Maybe with a risk/reward system or something. Kinda like this fish driven car...

R&D out of Innominata should have a field day with the project.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2020, 09:02:58 AM
Though not supported anywhere in the franchise, something I've flirted with the idea of is that the hive itself is actually some sort of intelligence, an entity in itself, and perhaps that when a vessel is hived up, that intelligence is capable of piloting.

Maybe it hives up a ship like an effed-up, Giger-esque version of Gomtuu, or Moya the Leviathan from Farscape, only with ecstatic cultists inside pushing the buttons and pulling the levers, guided and compelled by the blessed exultation of the Great Mother.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

I'm reminded of the old Daniel O'Bannon screenplay/script; That the Aliens are perfectly intelligent and sapient, once they're fully grown. The form we're aware of as the classic 'Xenomorph' is the aggressive, hypercarnivorous juvenile form. While unlikely to happen, I think it'd be cool to have material or a one off comic of Daniel's screenplay that shows the Aliens now fully matured and trying to rebuild their lost civilization....which likely would include starships.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SpaceKase on May 18, 2020, 04:09:08 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2020, 09:02:58 AM
Though not supported anywhere in the franchise, something I've flirted with the idea of is that the hive itself is actually some sort of intelligence, an entity in itself, and perhaps that when a vessel is hived up, that intelligence is capable of piloting.

Maybe it hives up a ship like an effed-up, Giger-esque version of Gomtuu, or Moya the Leviathan from Farscape, only with ecstatic cultists inside pushing the buttons and pulling the levers, guided and compelled by the blessed exultation of the Great Mother.

For some reason I thought Big Chap's hand could look great as an organic spaceship.

Quote from: Kenner_Alien_Kaste on May 20, 2020, 06:14:20 PM
I'm reminded of the old Daniel O'Bannon screenplay/script; That the Aliens are perfectly intelligent and sapient, once they're fully grown. The form we're aware of as the classic 'Xenomorph' is the aggressive, hypercarnivorous juvenile form. While unlikely to happen, I think it'd be cool to have material or a one off comic of Daniel's screenplay that shows the Aliens now fully matured and trying to rebuild their lost civilization....which likely would include starships.

There is a comic book on the way...

Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Anyway I'd like to see an expansion of that original take, but with Giger's Alien. Now, I'm not too sure about the Aliens building and piloting their own spaceships. But I am sure that I would like to see an alternative prequel where the killing machine is a teenager who, after a metamorphosis, becomes an intelligent being capable of building temples, expressing himself through art and culture. A terrifying culture of course.  :laugh:

Edit: I don't necessarily fantasize about a xeno-humanoid. I'm just guessing.  :P

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 21, 2020, 01:59:28 AM

For some reason I thought Big Chap's hand could look great as an organic spaceship.

Are there tiny skulls?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: kwisatz on May 21, 2020, 02:15:07 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 21, 2020, 01:59:28 AM

Are there tiny skulls?

You've nailed it  :laugh:

kwisatz

kwisatz

Tbh though, these remind me more of an early X-Files Episode that actually gave me 2-3 good nightmares back then.

Spoiler
[close]

Its strange, I never really found Alien too scary. But some of the X-Files stuff/imagery really got me good.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh yeah, the entity of the face of Mars. Now I'm skeptical but the same thing happened to me. In my case it was because the X files are about the alleged paranormal phenomena that popular culture has long considered as real life facts (although more in the 90's and before that), and I used to be a believer of Fortean phenomena wich is a trully example of modern folklore.

So I guess the Alien for me was always like a fantasy.  Despite being science fiction and also despite the possibility of extraterrestrial life, not to mention the sexual nature of the monster. And of course the X Files at the other side of the coin as a show about cryptids, UFOs, chupacabras, Area 51, conspiracy theories, etc. Overall, stuff that mainstream consider (or used to consider) as real.

As for the spooky pareidolia in Big Chap fingers...yeah,  there is a ghostly vibe in the shapes and not entirelly a skull vibe.

I think something similar to the uncanny valley takes place, in the sense that you are seeing something that seems human but that you know is not human, which causes you fear.

An interesting video about how vagueness can make things creepy.

AVP-CAPCOM

Remember the last time a Xenomorph tried to commandeer an enemy ship?

Kradan

Kradan

:D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed