Aliens Anthology Features

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 25, 2010, 07:01:38 PM

Author
Aliens Anthology Features (Read 12,379 times)

Alienfever

Alienfever

uh, what happened to the touted Chardes DeLaurika new HD documentary for the set?

predatorgeneral

predatorgeneral

when is this getting released ;D ?

great, no aliens deleted scenes. been waiting to see burke's cacoon scene since, like, forever? and there's at least another 30 minutes of deleted scenes in alien 3 they could have unearthed.

disappointing.

Dudley

Dudley

Holloway, to me they are a disappointing set of features.  I'm talking about expectations here, as is everyone else at this point.  No I haven't seen them...but that has nthing to do with whether or not I can be disappointed by them.  I'd rather have a meaty and in-depth documentary, in the style of what was included with the Blade Runner blu ray for example, than a lot of short featurettes.  
Also, the news item said it was the complete list of all the special features - there are no more features for Alien to be announced and it would imply that previously seen special features aren't to be included.  If what's on this list is to supplement rather than replace what had previously been released on DVD then fantastic, it's shaping up to be an excellent package ;D   At the end of the day I'll be buying this for the upgrade in audio/video quality - a bare bones package with nothing but the movie would've been a guarenteed buy from me, but it's always nicer to get a little extra, right? ;)
I'm a massive Alien fan - it's one of the first few films I can remember having ever seen and at an age where I was far too young to be watching such a thing really :D   But does that mean I'll be excited about absolutely anything at all to do with the series, regardless of it's quality?  No.  Perhaps if you were a "true fan" yourself you'd care more about quality than quantity and not feel the need to qusetion the "true"-ness of others loyalties.  Food for thought.

Holloway

Holloway

Dudley, Fox officially announced that ALL of the Quadrilogy features will be included.  Old news to real fans.  That, plus FIVE HOURS (so far!) is disappointing to you?  Weird.  And how can you talk about quality versus quantity when you haven't seen any of the several hours of new material?

Holloway

Holloway

By the way, the same thing happened last time with the Quadrilogy:  Foreign ratings boards get partial chunks of content at a time and release their findings incrementally.  Mark my words:  This is only a fraction of the new content, as the "absence" of Alien pods pretty much proves.

Dudley

Dudley

I explicitly said in my last post that if that list of featurettes is in addition to the previously released feautres then it'll be an excellent package - so no, not disappointing... :) I'm well aware that Fox previously announced they would be included, but such things are usually subject to change and an article, linking to another article, saying that these were ALL the special features for the blu ray version and...well...you see what I mean.  Very pleased to hear that this will be such a comprehensive set then :)

private pyle

private pyle

Newborn dick removel...Its like they were like "Lets just tell it like it is" lol

Christian | DVDuell.de

Christian | DVDuell.de

Hi, I'm the owner of DVDuell.de. To clear some false conclusions: As Bill Hunt wrote on TheDigitalBits.com the new Blu-ray set will contain all the bonus materials from the "Alien Quadrilogy" DVDs. The new materials appeared on the website of the German FSK, a similar institution as the MPAA. They rated the old bonus materials as well but I only mentioned the new ones in my article. That does not mean, that there's no possibility of other materials appearing on the FSK site in the near future.

Christian | DVDuell.de

Christian | DVDuell.de

@Dudley:
I never mentioned in my article, that these are all the bonus materials we will find on the Blu-ray set. As TheDigitalBits.com wrote all the old materials will find it's way to the Blu-ray discs. My article says that these are new materials rated by the FSK, never been found on a former release.

Richman678

Richman678

The quadrilogy remains the best set of special features ever included in a dvd set before (prob LOTR too)....I find it incredibly stupid they would not include these again. It wouldnt even be that hard, just convert the video. Now if they included the real death scene of Burke from Aliens I would be impressed!

Brett

Brett

This can't be all there is - note that there's no mention of the new audio (maybe video?) commentaries, which we know Sigourney at least has done. Plus, they'd be mental not to include 'remembering Dan O'Bannon' and 'remembering Jerry Goldsmith' featurettes on the Alien disc.

Christian | DVDuell.de

Christian | DVDuell.de

Two new entries at the FSK: http://tinyurl.com/2vvk9cn One for the "Alien Anthology" with 33:16 minutes of materials, another one for "Alien" with 91:15 minutes of material but with no specific details (so this could be old material).

Brett

Brett

"Aliens "Wayland -Yutani Inquest: Nostromo Dossiers" [3:45 Min.]"

I've been dying to really see these FOREVER!!!!!

ubcool

ubcool

hopefully they will have the edited commentaries from Aliens in their entiretys so should have 3 seperate commentaries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed