New Noomi Rapace Prometheus Image (no details)

Started by RoaryUK, Jan 06, 2012, 12:39:54 AM

Author
New Noomi Rapace Prometheus Image (no details) (Read 35,573 times)

Totemaster

That looks AWESOME!!  ;D

I can't wait to see this movie!

Stagin 26

I like the colors of the suit. It's different from the traditional space gear.

Glaive

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 06, 2012, 06:23:03 PM

As far as cleansing your mind, just scroll up and study the pics of beautiful Charlize.  Rinse and repeat until Cameron Diaz is washed from your mind.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...'The Game of Theron's'...

Soon to be a mini-series on HBO*

[*Her Butt Onmyface]

Xenoscream

... I would.

Gash

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 06, 2012, 06:12:05 PM
I don't get the blue and orange Tron-style outfits. I would've liked it more if the suits were grayish white like the Nostromo crew's spacesuits. Also, Noomi looks a little bit too hip to be be square with those bangs and all. I just wished, and hoped, that Scott would go by the same formula as in Alien - unglamorous realism.

Watch some of Noomi's other films. She doesn't come across as glamourous very often.

Bayo

about the suits, the same happened with the nostromo suits. they seems gray in the final movie, but if you check some production photos, they are in bright colors, Dallas was blue , Lambert was pink and Kane was yellow. i have no knowledge of movie production but Ridley must have use some filters on cameras and tricks with lightning. i always thought that those spacesuits were all gray or even black.

Gash

Quote from: Bayo on Jan 06, 2012, 10:48:24 PM
about the suits, the same happened with the nostromo suits. they seems gray in the final movie, but if you check some production photos, they are in bright colors, Dallas was blue , Lambert was pink and Kane was yellow. i have no knowledge of movie production but Ridley must have use some filters on cameras and tricks with lightning. i always thought that those spacesuits were all gray or even black.

Being pedantic I know, but Lambert's suit was blue and Dallas was pink.  ;)

Bayo

not at all, thanks. anyway my point was about final product color vs production pics. now i noticed something about this new image. that suit is the same as the one Vickers using on the pod scene, but those arent the same as the ones on the first pic that leaked. why you think is that.

MrSpaceJockey and Bayo are correct: the environment suit (I hate that word now!) that Noomi is wearing in this new image is slightly different to all other images and movie clips released thus far. It appears to be slightly less bulky with a less armoured front plate and of course the red lining. The ONLY other scene I can find where the suits are of this design is where Noomi and Theron are running away from the crashing Jockey ship.

I'm guessing that the suit has gone through a redesign at some point and the final movie is going to use the non-coloured bulky version? 

fry1236

She looks like she's seen a ghost.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: 180924609 on Jan 07, 2012, 12:36:15 AM
MrSpaceJockey and Bayo are correct: the environment suit (I hate that word now!) that Noomi is wearing in this new image is slightly different to all other images and movie clips released thus far. It appears to be slightly less bulky with a less armoured front plate and of course the red lining. The ONLY other scene I can find where the suits are of this design is where Noomi and Theron are running away from the crashing Jockey ship.

I'm guessing that the suit has gone through a redesign at some point and the final movie is going to use the non-coloured bulky version?

I am assuming that it's simply another suit.  Fassbender, Holloway, probably retain their promo suits.  I'm guessing the ampule room sequence they use the all-blue one.  This later, towards the end, maybe this is like a emergency suit, which is why it is smaller and lighter, and why Theron uses it in a jiffy.

EDIT:  And there is even a HEAVIER looking suit with the flamethrower seen in the teaser.  And the Nostromo suits did have colors, it was just hard to see in the planet's atmosphere.  They weren't repainted or anything.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 06, 2012, 06:08:10 PM
I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and definitely respect your opinion, but damn, if this is what "generic" looks like, then sign my ass up for a WHOLE BUNCH OF GENERIC !! ;D

And there's nothing wrong with the class of 'generic attractive female'. :)

I'm just saying that, physically, she's never struck me as having a look which seems unique. Something which strikes me as something only she has. Someone like Juliet Landau or Kate Beckinsale has that quality of having a look you can term as iconic - something uniquely them I can't say I've seen on another actress.

I guess a sort of... Muse-like quality? Something you can't replace by just putting anyone else in the same photographic pose. That's someone I'd be wowed by. I just haven't seen it in CT - and this is totally a personal opinion. Maybe it's the artist in me.

Acting skill's different. I haven't seen enough things CT has been in to judge that.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 07, 2012, 02:23:04 AM
I'm just saying that, physically, she's never struck me as having a look which seems unique. Something which strikes me as something only she has. Someone like Juliet Landau or Kate Beckinsale has that quality of having a look you can term as iconic - something uniquely them I can't say I've seen on another actress.

I guess a sort of... Muse-like quality? Something you can't replace by just putting anyone else in the same photographic pose. That's someone I'd be wowed by. I just haven't seen it in CT - and this is totally a personal opinion. Maybe it's the artist in me.

Acting skill's different. I haven't seen enough things CT has been in to judge that.

Well you won't get any argument out of me there.  While I think Charlize Theron is ultra hot, Kate Beckinsale is a classic beauty...timeless, kind of like Grace Kelly, or Ingrid Bergman.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 07, 2012, 05:47:32 AM
Well you won't get any argument out of me there.  While I think Charlize Theron is ultra hot, Kate Beckinsale is a classic beauty...timeless, kind of like Grace Kelly, or Ingrid Bergman.

Glad someone understands what I was getting at, yes. :)

To me, it's like the difference between fashion and style.

Rose McGowan's another one. Can take on some really superficial roles, but has a very unique visual aesthetic.

Deuterium

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 07, 2012, 06:15:57 AM
Quote from: deuterium on Jan 07, 2012, 05:47:32 AM

Glad someone understands what I was getting at, yes. :)

To me, it's like the difference between fashion and style.

Rose McGowan's another one. Can take on some really superficial roles, but has a very unique visual aesthetic.

Since I posted a bunch of Charlize Theron pics...I would be remiss, indeed, in my duties if I didn't give equal time to the breathtaking Ms. Kate Beckinsale:

Indeed, she is one for the ages.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed