The Company

Started by LastSonofKrypton, Apr 18, 2019, 09:51:07 PM

Author
The Company (Read 6,117 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

I'm currently on a break between writing projects, and fan fiction is a good way of keeping match fit for the next job, getting all of my bad writing habits out of my system.

I had an idea of telling the story of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 from the Company's perspective.  Honestly I'm not sure whether something like this exists in the EU, if it does, please point it out to me.  Each film is a separate story, broken down into three parts, and I will post them as they are completed.   

Here is part one of Alien : 937, if anybody wants to give it a read, I'd love to know what you think

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13274989/1/Alien-937

All criticism is appreciated guys  ;D

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

To be honest, I always thought there should be a story with them as the protagonists instead of the antagonists.
I usually don't go to fanfiction.net but I will give it a look.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Part Two should be finished this week.  I've had to get a head start on some new projects so this has fallen behind a little.  But thanks to everybody who has read it so far  :)

TC

TC

Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

Just to be sure, part 2 is the continuation of Tucker's story, right? I'm interested to see where this goes, and just a bit worried that this is all we get, and you're now moving on to Hadley's Hope  :)

Regardless, looking forward to whatever comes next.

TC

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: TC on May 09, 2019, 02:48:28 AM
Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

Just to be sure, part 2 is the continuation of Tucker's story, right? I'm interested to see where this goes, and just a bit worried that this is all we get, and you're now moving on to Hadley's Hope  :)

Regardless, looking forward to whatever comes next.

TC

Thanks.  Yeah it is, each film has a three part story following different characters from Weyland Yutani

TC

TC

Great.

I was a little confused by your explanatory 1st post. Thanks for clearing that up.

As regards other EU work in similar vein, my view is even if there is, so what? No one working EU territory, especially when it's fanfic, has the right to claim exclusivity.

If you licensed a book right from Fox and found out another author had a license for the same thing, you might have cause to complain (to Fox). But that would be a business dispute and nothing to do with audience reception

TC

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Part two is available.  This was a difficult one given the timescale of the discovery of the Nostromo and the time it took for the ship to return, but it's been a blast to write

Let me know what you guys think.

All criticism is appreciated

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13293370/1/Alien-937-Part-2

TC

TC

Still enjoying this. Will reserve comments till after part 3.

TC

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: TC on May 29, 2019, 05:33:21 AM
Still enjoying this. Will reserve comments till after part 3.

TC

Thanks  :)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

I can see the stories in the first link. Don't know if it's just me, but both your links to the story parts take me to the home page instead of to them.

https://www.wattpad.com

Overall, I like the Company perspective on this story. Hearing it at that distance is interesting. You haven't fallen prey to retelling all the details we know from the movie, but stay frosty: it is tempting!

After reading on Wattpad, I posted comments there. For what it's worth...  ;)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jun 09, 2019, 02:19:59 PM
I can see the stories in the first link. Don't know if it's just me, but both your links to the story parts take me to the home page instead of to them.

https://www.wattpad.com

Overall, I like the Company perspective on this story. Hearing it at that distance is interesting. You haven't fallen prey to retelling all the details we know from the movie, but stay frosty: it is tempting!

After reading on Wattpad, I posted comments there. For what it's worth...  ;)

Indeed it is.  I just read your comments, and I really appreciate the feedback.  Its been difficult to write because of the length of time between the Nostromo picking up the signal, then moving on to Thedus, then making its return journey.  Part 3 is proving difficult because a lot happens in a short space of time, after a ten month gap as they wait to hear from Ash

AVPVBRFan79

AVPVBRFan79

Who else thinks that Tyrell Corporation and the Weyland-Yutani Corporation are long term conglomerate rivals in  the same universe?

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: AVPVBRFan79 on Jun 15, 2019, 04:32:46 PM
Who else thinks that Tyrell Corporation and the Weyland-Yutani Corporation are long term conglomerate rivals in  the same universe?

I always liked the idea of Blade Runner and Alien existing in the same Universe, in this story the Tyrell Corporation went under, what was left was picked up by Weyland Yutani

Spoiler
Caleb being the last remaining replicant
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Part 3 is done!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13330347/1/Alien-937-Part-3

I really should have planned this whole thing better, most of it is written off the cuff, which has made it more difficult that I intended.  Currently working on the conclusion, but as always if you read it let me know what you guys think.  All feedback is appreciated

Thanks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed