Predator south China sea

Started by predator elite, Apr 25, 2023, 11:55:20 PM

Author
Predator south China sea (Read 13,830 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It was easter decorations.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Just finished. It was really really good. The end dragged a bit, but the payoff is worth it.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Loved the interaction between Pol Pot and the Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Pol Pot could have been more present.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Love the going price for the book right now. :o

wlitig

wlitig

Quote from: Retropocalypse on Apr 28, 2023, 05:45:45 PMHere's the link: Predator: South China Sea

I have been trying to find this book for ten years. I emailed VanderMeer with no response. I even asked the bookstore that his website references and they couldn't help me. I emailed Dark Horse. I had a copy in my cart at a used online store but as I was waiting for a friend to send me a US address so they could accept the delivery for me, it was gone (I'm in Canada). In uploading this file you have completed a quest I've been on for a decade. THANK YOU. The book better be good after all this.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master Chief on May 31, 2024, 04:20:12 PMLove the going price for the book right now. :o

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

I thought there was a bug at first.

Master Chief

Master Chief

You thinking of selling your book?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I just have the PDF version unfortunately. I won't be able to sell it over 300€.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Going into it, so far, really amazing and I cannot believe that I missed reading this. Been out since 2008!

This being said, am I the only one who notices the elephant in the room?

Spoiler
A Predator that has some kind of sled like tech that allows him to ride an event horizon of green/golden light that emits from the ship to tear apart a large radius, burning vegetation, cutting down trees, frying and slicing up enemies?
[close]

Did I read those two chapters right?

If so, this lays out a path in the Predator mythos that I never thought of until I read into that part of the chapter. Predators have light bending technology, hence it allows it to cloak and create a near perfect camouflage. A stealth ability that also is a defense from searching alert eyes....but never did I think about the offensive capabilities of light bending technology. This alone can add a whole new avenue of Predator lore in their tech and new abilities for future stories.

Or is that entire page also a bit too goofy for some people?  I did tilt my head in confusion at the absurdity of a Predator doing that in said manner. It's almost like The Predator (2018) where the Predator Killer introduces nanotechnology capabilities which can lead into interesting ideas for future Predator stories, but as a power suit that looks too goofy done in a goofy manner.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It is a bit over the top.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I was lucky to get a copy before the currency on this third world shithole I live went to hell, right now this novel is over the minimal wage lol

Turnabout also got more expensive, damn that one was like 10 dollars back then, if I could have gotten a dozen of copies

bobby brown

bobby brown

Could a kind soul explain to me
Spoiler
Whats up with the virus zombie thing?
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 23, 2024, 10:31:14 AMCould a kind soul explain to me
Spoiler
Whats up with the virus zombie thing?
[close]

Spoiler
Just an interesting (although mildy derailing) sci-fi element unrelated to the Pred itself. Infectious relic of another world.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That the Predator accidently brings with him iirc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed