Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 113,333 times)

Mantis Alien

I worry that it's just gonna be another Aliens. More guns and more dumb cannon fodder bugs.
Aliens is one of the greatest action movies of all time but I really dislike the thought of getting an Aliens2 just because the first one was great.
'Fan service' is never executed correctly.

Long live alien3

whiterabbit

Here's the plot. Those bodies that were dropped into the fire in AlienĀ³ were concert dummies. Andrews put them on ice but forgot to tell the WY "rescue" team about them. The future Ripley08 returns to Fury161 because her alien-senseā„¢ tingles. There she uses some Prometheus-Plot_Device brain-regenerating thing mixed with her own DNA and resurrects both hicks and newt. Marvel can eat the cheese; this is going to be awesome.

Darkness

PsyKore

Quote from: marrerom on Jul 24, 2016, 04:10:17 AM
and also stated that AvP was better then Alien 3 and A:R.

Where did he say this?

BringbackJonesy!

Well of course they WOULD say that it's gonna be great, in case this movie ever happens.

...and I hope it does.

#RipleyHicksNewtLive!  ;D

Le Celticant

A film that starts in the mind as a fan service can not be good.
I mean... Paul W.S. Anderson and Strauses brother.
Blomkamp's turn now.

whiterabbit

Maybe when they talk about "fan service" they mean that the entire cast from Aliens will have cameos? I could see Apone on a Farm. Hudson relaxing on a beach. Vasquez being mistaken for an illegal immigrant by a fat-ass white guy with a sentient toupee. They could make a camp fire, sing a couple of songs. Oh hell lets just nail them to the wall, the latest victims of the alien plague. Still be a better treatment that what the ghostbusters got.

xenoboner

Exactly right, system apollo. Man I should actually sign up to this place, I'm as hopeless a fanboy as you guys haha

The Alien Predator

I doubt she truly means this, she seems to just be looking for work and doesn't really give a shit about what the fans think.

It's really the $$$ and the filmography list talking.

LONG LIVE ALIEN 3, LONG LIVE ALIEN RESURRECTION!

mike

of course she wont say: script is OK .. script has to be changed bcuz its not so good...   remember before BvS ? everyone from Goyer to Snyder said the same - script is GENIUS, GREAT... blah blah.. and it went completely south...  all i want is something between first alien and aliens... scary, atmospheric and action .. dont need to be michal bay action style but first and foremost it has to be intelligent and fun... and of course hope there will be amazing cast,,

Gazz

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 24, 2016, 12:11:20 AM
what's fan service?

Rewriting the continuity to meet some fans demands.

Awake

I say it again James Cameron should be doing the sequel

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteThere has been no movement on the film for a year besides Weaver talking about how great it would be.

That might be something to do with the fact that it's currently on hold.

QuoteI doubt she truly means this, she seems to just be looking for work

She's got more than enough on her plate, four Avatar sequels and evidently cameos in every second sci-fi film that gets made these days. She's hardly scrounging around for a job.

Quote...and doesn't really give a shit about what the fans think

And yet the fans madly applaud and cheer her whenever she talks about this new Alien film.

Adam802

If this movie doesn't acknowledge A3/A:R, and is essentially an "alternate Alien 3", then Hicks/Newt never died and it makes perfect sense for them to appear as alive.  As an alternate continuity, it isn't overwriting A3/A:R at all.  Its just a separate continuity, so those of you who don't like it can disregard it just as I disregard A:R. Prometheus, and AvP.   But there's nothing wrong with seeing another way the story could've turned out, which is a movie I DO want to see.  A3 IS a great film, and has grown on me over the years, but was still a mess and not what even the people working on it wanted it to really be.  A:R on the other hand, was complete corny garbage and thank God its not continuing with Ripley 8.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Adam802 on Jul 24, 2016, 02:28:19 PM
If this movie doesn't acknowledge A3/A:R, and is essentially an "alternate Alien 3", then Hicks/Newt never died and it makes perfect sense for them to appear as alive.  As an alternate continuity, it isn't overwriting A3/A:R at all.  Its just a separate continuity, so those of you who don't like it can disregard it just as I disregard A:R. Prometheus, and AvP.   But there's nothing wrong with seeing another way the story could've turned out, which is a movie I DO want to see.  A3 IS a great film, and has grown on me over the years, but was still a mess and not what even the people working on it wanted it to really be.  A:R on the other hand, was complete corny garbage and thank God its not continuing with Ripley 8.

This is an internet forum. Would you kindly refrain from talking sense. Thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed