Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,166 times)

BlazinBlueReview

So far, the setup is going okay. It's interesting how things are going to go down.

Space Truckers are delivering fertilizer to the Koh Station that's orbiting (Unnamed Earth Like Planet). The Koh Station is WeYu Property.

Roughly the basic gist. Eventually, it may lead down to the planet where the colonists need rescuing.

Stitch

Quote from: BlazinBlueReview on Dec 04, 2022, 06:46:28 PMFinally cracking open the ALIEN RPG. Have had it for so long.

But now looking at trying my hand at a SOLO run, as have found some Solo Rules and the Mythic Variations II to emulate a GM. So should make for an interesting experiment.
Please show me where to find these solo rules. I cannot foresee a time when I'd actually be able to play it with people.

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 06, 2022, 01:03:13 AM
Quote from: BlazinBlueReview on Dec 04, 2022, 06:46:28 PMFinally cracking open the ALIEN RPG. Have had it for so long.

But now looking at trying my hand at a SOLO run, as have found some Solo Rules and the Mythic Variations II to emulate a GM. So should make for an interesting experiment.
Please show me where to find these solo rules. I cannot foresee a time when I'd actually be able to play it with people.

https://www.ppmgames.co.uk/free-alien-rpg-solo-rules/

Here's the link. Still used the Core Book for generating mission and setting up the campaign. There are also generators online that can help set up a cast of characters. Also generated the planet and such from the Corebook as well.

Elliott

How's the lore dump on the new book? I've only purchased the first two purely for the juicy details in the books and hope this one follows through.

I think I read on the facebook group from the author that one of the upcoming ones focuses on colony building and management?

Corporal Hicks

The 3rd book isn't out as yet, I'm afraid. But yeah, that's right - it should be the frontier life iirc.

Corporal Hicks

Elliott

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 07, 2022, 09:14:21 AMThe 3rd book isn't out as yet, I'm afraid. But yeah, that's right - it should be the frontier life iirc.
I thought Heart of Darkness included a book, similar to Destroyer of Worlds?

Corporal Hicks

Apologies, thought you were talking about the Operation Manuals. So far we've had the Corebook, and a single Operations Manual that is focused on the Colonial Marines. We'll be getting another big book like that (not sure if it'll be called an Ops Manual for everyone) about colonists and etc.

Destroyer and Darkness were additional story campaigns.

Elliott

That still answers my question. I still liked pouring through the Destroyer supplemental just because of the neat references and tiny lore additions.

Love that Spears made a return in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual.

BlazinBlueReview

Another solid rpg experience that may like is The Wretched from Chris Bissette. It's a solo experience. But heavily inspired by ALIEN, almost a Fifth Act that is very effective. Played a playthrough earlier today.

Kailem

I got an email from Free League a few days ago announcing their 2023 line-up, and there was nothing for the Alien RPG listed on there.

Granted they said there would still be more announcements this year, but given that Heart of Darkness came out in PDF form a year ago now and we've still not had any official announcements of what's next (most likely that colonist/explorer sourcebook "Building Better Worlds"), I get the feeling we might be entering a bit of a lean time when it comes to new content here.

Xiggz456

Just read through the short cinematic scenario included with "Enemy of my Enemy". Like the novel it somewhat spoils the mystery of the "Colonial Marines" cinematic scenario so I'd recommend playing/reading through that first. Overall it's a fun scenario that ties in nicely with its novel counterpart.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 02, 2023, 12:41:36 PMI got an email from Free League a few days ago announcing their 2023 line-up, and there was nothing for the Alien RPG listed on there.

Granted they said there would still be more announcements this year, but given that Heart of Darkness came out in PDF form a year ago now and we've still not had any official announcements of what's next (most likely that colonist/explorer sourcebook "Building Better Worlds"), I get the feeling we might be entering a bit of a lean time when it comes to new content here.
I can ask Andrew Gaska if you'd like, he might have an idea on release timelines.

Kailem

I guess it wouldn't hurt! Or at least to maybe get an idea if anything is anywhere close to being officially announced or released any time soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed