New Aliens: Colonial Marines PS2 E3 Footage

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 06, 2022, 08:10:12 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines PS2 E3 Footage (Read 2,201 times)

RidgeTop

Some new footage of the cancelled game, found and color corrected by Mr. FO1.

BlueMarsalis79

I would rather have had this era Electronic Arts behind it than Gearbox anyday.

[cancerblack]

Wweyland

Damn, 21 years ago already

OpenMaw

The gameplay concepts being played with here were always far more interesting to me than what we ultimately were going to get. Based on a lot of the articles and media that we did get, this really was earning the "colonial marines" moniker. The released game feels far more influenced by Call of Duty. It completely fails to blend the authenticity into the mix. Resource and squad management in an Aliens game? Hell yeah.

Local Trouble

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 06, 2022, 09:55:00 PMI would rather have had this era Electronic Arts behind it than Gearbox anyday.

I don't know.  This one seems to lack the je ne sais quoi that Randy gave it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 13, 2022, 01:43:54 AMI don't know.  This one seems to lack the je ne sais quoi that Randy gave it.

That "7/10" touch of quality.

Corporal Hicks

That's being generous. 

BlueMarsalis79

That "1/10" touch of quality.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 14, 2022, 12:59:20 PMThat "1/10" touch of quality.

When the Bond theme from two stalls over hits lmao

BlueMarsalis79

OpenMaw

Kradan

Mike’s Monsters

Interesting! I know it was an early build shown here, but man, the movement of ever hung feels very slow and robotic. I know my expectations should be lower with a 20+ year old demo. Just did not expect such stiff movement! So curious to how this would have gone if it had been given life and things had gone differently in the past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed