PC version: Mod tools and ultra graphics?

Started by And stuff, Feb 11, 2013, 08:44:34 PM

Author
PC version: Mod tools and ultra graphics? (Read 24,213 times)

MichaelMyers

As others have expressed, I share the feeling of don't hold your breath for an SDK. It would be glorious but with the Season Pass treatment already announced I don't see it. As for graphics I'm unsure due to my areas release being tomorrow morning

And stuff

Will folks be able to mod the game without an official SDK?  I'd like to see some mods that add more environmental effects for ambiance.  Or a mod that makes all non-boss aliens into lurkers.  Small things along those lines.

OpenMaw

Beyond texture and sound mods I very much doubt anyone will be able to do much of anything. If that, even.

Vertigo

Skyrim, Civilization 5 and Dawn of War 2 all get on just fine with both mod tools and premium DLC. Mods can extend the lifespan and exposure of the game, which in term can result in more DLC buys.

The trick is to create desirable DLC, which a lot of games seem to have a problem with at the moment.

OpenMaw

hey, I have no problem with the concept Vert. I just know how Gearbox thinks, and how they act in this regard... and if Sega has anything to say about it... Yeah... Forget about it happening through official channels. Fans will have to work really hard to make it happen, if it can be done at all. I took a peak at the files earlier this evening after playing through most of the campaign. It'll be interesting to see if any of the more technically adept members out there can get their hands dirty.

PsyKore

Gearbox and Sega would gain a lot of respect back if they did release an SDK, even though we know they won't. But a compromise I see is to at least release the SDK after they've finished releasing DLC, then the game won't die. The fans would make this game the tits!

But it's useless talking about it though. This franchise, and the companies and people behind everything that comes out lately, is just utterly f**ked up.

Never say no to Panda!

SDK would be the best option so the community might fix the game for the developers...or at least a few issues.

Hemi

The WPC (our clan, you may know us from http://www.mostimpressive.nl/AKF) are allready looking into ripping out various elements and trying to put them back in the game. Our first goal of course making all the textures HD.

Seeing this is an Unreal engine game it won't be too hard to pull off, getting the stuff out...now to get the stuff back in. Preferably without hex-editing.

Life finds a way, as they say. And so do modding teams.

Maybe a modding section can be in order? Or is this too early.  ;D

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hemi on Feb 14, 2013, 08:17:20 AM
The WPC (our clan, you may know us from http://www.mostimpressive.nl/AKF) are allready looking into ripping out various elements and trying to put them back in the game. Our first goal of course making all the textures HD.

Seeing this is an Unreal engine game it won't be too hard to pull off, getting the stuff out...now to get the stuff back in. Preferably without hex-editing.

f**k yes, I was thinking about you guys doing something earlier today, but I forgot to mention my thoughts. Godspeed!

Deathly_rYaN

The True Hero's of the Alien Games!

Dusk

I might actually get this, if you manage to Mod the hell out of this game.

Elicas

Didn't Gearbox lock people out of modding DNF? I imagine they'd have done the same to this, no?

Never say no to Panda!

Modding possibilities would be the only reason for me to buy the game, so i can at least try to fix/improve a few things. SDK won't happen i guess (though in my eyes they owe it the community) so i wait and see how far you can go - until then it should be on sale.

9th_Stew

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 14, 2013, 01:39:03 PM

Didn't Gearbox lock people out of modding DNF? I imagine they'd have done the same to this, no?

Gearbox didnt fix their own AI errors and bugs before launch - im sure they left gaps in the coding too

Dusk

I would assume releasing modding tools would be in their best interest. That way people might actually bother to buy the PC version. It certainly didn't hurt Skyrim, with people being able to do whatever else they want with the game, and to add streams of new content. And despite that, Bethesda still manages to sell their own DLC.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed