Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,279 times)

T Dog

Scientists have FOUND what looks like.....A SPACE-CRAFT..... that was made by our ancestors.....who had NO.....HAAANDS.....How can this be? It must be ALIENS. NOTHING else.....makes any sense!

St_Eddie

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 13, 2011, 09:47:18 PM
Scientists have FOUND what looks like.....A SPACE-CRAFT..... that was made by our ancestors.....who had NO.....HAAANDS.....How can this be? It must be ALIENS. NOTHING else.....makes any sense!

The people who think this way, by jumping to conclusions, lack both common sense and rationality (possibly sanity too).

T Dog

Yeah but it makes for amusing television.

I think some of the ideas are interesting and it is possible that mainstream archaelogical theory has gotten stuff wrong and now won't go back on their word. But not every conclusion is aliens.

SM

QuoteYou can still see the wires on the Drop Ship from Aliens in various shots, does it spoil the film... of course not!!

1) No one suggested the wires in Blade Runner spoiled the film and 2) you have to look for the dropship wires - they're not in your face like the spinner.

Glaive

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2011, 11:12:46 PM
QuoteYou can still see the wires on the Drop Ship from Aliens in various shots, does it spoil the film... of course not!!

1) No one suggested the wires in Blade Runner spoiled the film and 2) you have to look for the dropship wires - they're not in your face like the spinner.

The dropship isn't full-size. the spinner is, which would explain the confusion...

Christ, people, is there some war between Blade Runner and Aliens?

SM

There isn't any confusion.

Or war.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 13, 2011, 11:35:57 PM
Christ, people, is there some war between Blade Runner and Aliens?

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2011, 11:39:26 PM
There isn't any confusion.

Or war.

Aliens... "This time it isn't war!"

Xenomorphine

KirklandSignature

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 13, 2011, 01:49:10 PM
For me...

Alien ( 1979) is the top...

When Aliens came out, I liked it..till I saw the first aliens... how simple they where killed..The whole magic and mystery was gone...and That Alien Queen thing..turned the Alien in insect like creatures..so pitty...

I don't even mention the other movies what followed...

Prometheus: I hate to see that human head..this head only distroying the complete mystery of the Alien and SJ universe for me...

I will go watch the movie when it comes out... And I really really hope, that the giant head was just a promotion stunt, to trick us in the wrong direction of how this movie will be ..

Regards: Atlantis

Ok so you don't like how Prometheus is implying that SJ's created humans because it is not backed by real world science? This is a movie, not a documentary or educational programming lol. I think science fictions movies are allowed to ignore reality, especially a movie like this.

nendo

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 14, 2011, 04:00:28 PM
For me...

When Aliens came out, I liked it..till I saw the first aliens... how simple they where killed..The whole magic and mystery was gone...and That Alien Queen thing..turned the Alien in insect like creatures..so pitty...

Prometheus: I hate to see that human head..this head only distroying the complete mystery of the Alien and SJ universe for me...

I will go watch the movie when it comes out... And I really really hope, that the giant head was just a promotion stunt, to trick us in the wrong direction of how this movie will be ..

Ok so you don't like how Prometheus is implying that SJ's created humans because it is not backed by real world science? This is a movie, not a documentary or educational programming lol. I think science fictions movies are allowed to ignore reality, especially a movie like this.

I read his post and i don't see how you got the "because its not backed by world science". He was saying the space jockey creating us and the xeno destroys the mystery for him. Can you point to me where he implyed that he didn't like it due to it not being backed by real world science?

KirklandSignature

It was a response from a PM he sent me... my bad!

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: nendo on Dec 14, 2011, 04:19:32 PM
For me...

I read his post and i don't see how you got the "because its not backed by world science". He was saying the space jockey creating us and the xeno destroys the mystery for him. Can you point to me where he implyed that he didn't like it due to it not being backed by real world science?

I'm not too keen on the idea of what the sculpture MIGHT mean either, all I know is in Prometheus (the myth) god created man in his own image, which POSSIBLY points to the Space Jockey being humanoid at least, we'll just have to see how it plays out.  It's worth mentioning though, many scientific quarters in the real world believe there's a fair chance we originated from somewhere else, that we're a product of some advanced form of humanity somewhere out there.

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2011, 11:12:46 PM

As I understood it you were talking about how the effect stood out, and I my point was "who cares!"  I guess it did bother Riddles because he went in and scrubbed them out on Blade Runner, yet I hardly noticed anyway.  And even though wires are even MORE visible in the Blu-Ray version of Aliens Cameron left them in, because it didn't matter...that's all I'm saying!

atlantis

atlantis

No... I meant let the Alien world stay Alien...as we all learned to love it...That's the reason I love Alien('79).. It was a unknowen species...superiour to us...The same with SJ...Unknown and mYsterious...I am convinced, if in Alien('79) the camera had zoomed in the coridor the eggs whare stored..and had shown a big Human head...all the magic was gone..and the movie had never reached the fame it has till date ..

For me...

aliennaire

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 14, 2011, 04:33:31 PM
... all I know is in Prometheus (the myth) god created man in his own image, which POSSIBLY points to the Space Jockey being humanoid at least...

In the myth of Prometheus, the eponymous semi-god (if memory serves me right) poaches the fire and imparts it to the mankind, but none initiative is let go unpunished, so his liver is eaten out on the daily basis, hence the myth is not creating of man. And as we all have not seen the movie yet, Prometheus' lot (punished by higher beings) can be associated with E. Shaw's scientific crew, as well as with mysterious creatures aka Space Jockeys, subsequently SJ can be just another extraterrestial race, which is created by the same higher beings, who initiated life on Earth.

The point is it's senseless to make any inferrences whithout having watched the movie itself (and distorting ancient Greek mythology to boot)  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed