Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 107,069 times)

Kradan

Terminator eye is an overkill IMHO

Mike’s Monsters

Just watched The Terminator the other night for the first time in years and that's all I'm able to see here. Skynet has reached out into outer space!!

Kailem

Make it happen, Dibneh!

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I actually hope the terminator eye is relevant. If we have a "cybernetic" mask we wouldn't have to wear one.

So technically there's two masks. A cybernetic mask and a Bionic Predator mask. It'd also explain why he's the only one who has an exposed face. The image could be suggesting we can go "unmasked" now. The laser might be coming from the eye like Lasershot.

Bionic Predator is currently live on PSN.

Note as of posting he's available for purchase but no patch has dropped.

EDIT - never mind

Kailem

Yeah looks like the update is rolling out imminently.

Mike’s Monsters

The Predator mandibles don't move or even display properly with Feral's mask.

SuperiorIronman

A couple things to note

- Bone mask
Despite the preview it seems to operate how was expected. The mandibles of Falconer, Mr.Black, and Wolf will curl into the face. This leads to an amusing sight where it looks like the image of that trex "furrafic farc" where the jaw is gone or put up into the skull like on a puppet.

- dreadlocks
They're here this time! Though despite the preview image the Emisssry dreads are STILL not featured in Hunting Grounds.

- Bionic
The model is gorgeous. He actually has a unique head unlike the other OC Predator. Where the Hell was this on the past releases Illfonic? The mask kind of reminds me from that one mask from (I think) AVP:seed.

Mottle like Emissary doesn't work. However near as I can tell no texture is bugging out. Seriously, someone really gave a shit about this model and I respect that.

His stats are near max across the board

He has a new roar! It's the female one but I dig it.

One touch I kind of like is that the wrist blade is a telescoping knife. Like it folds out of itself and then back into the arm. Good shit.

I wish there was more here but someone should be proud of the work they put into the cyborg.

davewesker

Just saw the patch notes. How times have changed. I remember a time patch notes actually included bug fixes and patches, not buy our random shit.

SuperiorIronman

Assuming the releases keep up the way they're doing it'll definitely roll over into the games next anniversary. If they keep going they'll probably have Feral on the next batch.

davewesker

davewesker

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 23, 2022, 09:53:05 PMAssuming the releases keep up the way they're doing it'll definitely roll over into the games next anniversary. If they keep going they'll probably have Feral on the next batch.
What do you mean? They did Jack for the second year anniversary just got community members to make a video. Game will be completely dead by 3rd.

And what you mean by keep up with releases? 3 months and 1 random new pred and no bug fixes, balances.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: davewesker on Aug 23, 2022, 10:03:39 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 23, 2022, 09:53:05 PMAssuming the releases keep up the way they're doing it'll definitely roll over into the games next anniversary. If they keep going they'll probably have Feral on the next batch.
What do you mean? They did Jack for the second year anniversary just got community members to make a video. Game will be completely dead by 3rd.

And what you mean by keep up with releases? 3 months and 1 random new pred and no bug fixes, balances.

Not that they'd do anything special for the anniversary, I meant that the next batch of DLC by then might have Feral on said list. According to some tests ran by people over on the Illfonic forums things have been adjusted it just wasn't listed. Not many changes so far but they did make some changes which isn't uncommon for them. They really should put it in the patch notes but it's been a known thing they leave that out.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2022, 07:32:55 PMIt also reminds me of some specific fanart which I need to find again.

Shai Daniel is the guy I was thinking of!

https://www.artstation.com/shaidaniel

PAS Spinelli

So discount Borg Pred and Feral Mask that doesn't look like feral mask, incredible.

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 24, 2022, 10:10:53 AMSo discount Borg Pred and Feral Mask that doesn't look like feral mask, incredible.

Dig Bionic myself. 

And the Feral mask looks pretty spot on to me, just the mandibles are not resting where they were purported to in the marketing image.

PAS Spinelli

Yeahhh a paid class with nothing new in it and a mask that doesn't work as advertised, I'm sorry but this is just another nothing update, two cosmetic pieces and literally nothing else.
Also Ferals mask looks terrible on anything thar isn't JH or the base 3 classes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed